22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Joshua03

Hi Paul,

I have following problem.

After standby my SIM card will not be detected.

Only after a reboot the card is recognized again.

Also, a complete wipe doesn't solved this problem.

Guest negreenfield

Has there been any news on the DSP Manager working on this? When I use it I don't hear any difference. Just curious if anyone knows the status of trying to get it to work on this.

Guest prgopala
Has there been any news on the DSP Manager working on this? When I use it I don't hear any difference. Just curious if anyone knows the status of trying to get it to work on this.

Yes... please check by post some pages back... i have posted link for the same...

Wow that's a long quote....

Anyways, I'm having trouble with my phone crashing and turning off automagically :/

Didnt happened with 2.09...

I'll try to reflash old 2.09 and wait for next update

Guest negreenfield
Yes... please check by post some pages back... i have posted link for the same...

And you notice a difference in the sound? I forgot my headphones today so I'll have to wait till I get in the car to test it out. Thanks for the link. When I previously installed the version that you can install with Enom's (restoring with TB) I didn't notice any difference in sound so I'm hoping the method you posted works well, thanks.

Guest prgopala
And you notice a difference in the sound? I forgot my headphones today so I'll have to wait till I get in the car to test it out. Thanks for the link. When I previously installed the version that you can install with Enom's (restoring with TB) I didn't notice any difference in sound so I'm hoping the method you posted works well, thanks.

It works for me well...

Hi Paul,

I have following problem.

After standby my SIM card will not be detected.

Only after a reboot the card is recognized again.

Also, a complete wipe doesn't solved this problem.

same here. since 2.10 based version i just installed

r24 from 18/09/2010 works great. (except the auto turnoff another user also had, where only removing battery helps to start the phone again)

Guest KevinCTofel

Paul, I'm loving this ROM, so thanks! :lol:

Just wanted to make sure one issue I see isn't specific to me: the WiFi Hotspot function isn't working. I saw some folks say the same, but I don't see it on the Issues List at the beginning of the thread. Unless it's a non-issue (and local to me) any chance of adding it to the Issues List to head off other folks from posting the same? Thx!

Guest orlovsky

r24 from 18/09/2010 works great. (except the auto turnoff another user also had, where only removing battery helps to start the phone again)

Just to add a +1 to this, I'm seeing this exact same issue with the rom failing to see my sim.

Guest ssmithri2

I am also experiencing auto shut downs... No sim issues, just finding the device off and unresponsive. And I am really trying to ignore it because this is such an awesome rom :lol:

Edited by ssmithri2

I'm having a little trouble with the wifi hotspot. I don't have 3G on campus but I used to be able to enable the wifi hotspot using edge on the stock Nexus One rom. Unfortunately, it looks like r24 requires 3G in order to enable the wifi hotspot. Is there a way around this?

Just to add a +1 to this, I'm seeing this exact same issue with the rom failing to see my sim.

Add another +1. Just installed this evening.

Everything else looked fine but intermittent connection to mobile network, acts like it doesn't detect the SIM. Wondered if a problem with the radio image.

EDIT: The radio connection disappears when the phone goes to sleep and shows a cross over network connection on resume. Only a reboot seems to restore it. Tried switching to airplane mode and back but that fails to respond.

EDIT: Installed a new ROM baked without WaveSecure, on a hunch. The radio still appears to go off in sleep, but on resume will return in a few seconds. Phone rings in standby too, so radio obviously connected to network - so far so good.

Edited by zone

Guest Co.Ag.05
Paul, I'm loving this ROM, so thanks! :lol:

Just wanted to make sure one issue I see isn't specific to me: the WiFi Hotspot function isn't working. I saw some folks say the same, but I don't see it on the Issues List at the beginning of the thread. Unless it's a non-issue (and local to me) any chance of adding it to the Issues List to head off other folks from posting the same? Thx!

I'm having a little trouble with the wifi hotspot. I don't have 3G on campus but I used to be able to enable the wifi hotspot using edge on the stock Nexus One rom. Unfortunately, it looks like r24 requires 3G in order to enable the wifi hotspot. Is there a way around this?

this issue is universal, well, at least it affected me. See posts #301 and #316 for solutions. I downloaded the app "barnacle" (had to do it through App Brain, I couldn't find it in the Market) and changed settings according to post #316.

Guest breedingh8
I've used both so I'll report back later. The main problem I had with Evil's ROM was the wifi dropping out constantly and other weird issues which I think may be due to Dark Tremor's a2sd which I have always had problems with. Maybe it's my memory card or something.

FYI - tried installing today clean and with a wipe. Sits on nexus's X for ever... never goes anywhere after the install and reboot. ClockworkMOd, I'm trying again and letting it sit for like a half hr.

will keep updated.

Guest tropmonky

I haven't had any major problems with this ROM over the last two days. One thing that isn't working is docking the Phone in the car dock. It doesn't sync up with the bluetooth handsfree setup. It DOES go into car mode and start charging without a problem.

Great work Paul and others, glad to see Bluetooth working!

Guest aegdawson
Known issues
  • 'Connection types' dialogue can appear unexpectedly - this dialogue can be disabled in Settings -> PC Connection

Changelog

Any idea why the phone freezes every so often? Usually once per day required bat removal to restart... then after rebooting the time is screwed up and sometimes need to reboot it a few times before it becomes relatively stable again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Rgds,

TD

Edited by aegdawson

Guest vanessa13006
I am also experiencing auto shut downs... No sim issues, just finding the device off and unresponsive. And I am really trying to ignore it because this is such an awesome rom :lol:

Idem

Guest Joshua03
Add another +1. Just installed this evening.

Everything else looked fine but intermittent connection to mobile network, acts like it doesn't detect the SIM. Wondered if a problem with the radio image.

EDIT: The radio connection disappears when the phone goes to sleep and shows a cross over network connection on resume. Only a reboot seems to restore it. Tried switching to airplane mode and back but that fails to respond.

EDIT: Installed a new ROM baked without WaveSecure, on a hunch. The radio still appears to go off in sleep, but on resume will return in a few seconds. Phone rings in standby too, so radio obviously connected to network - so far so good.

I have a ROM version without WaveSecure but the problem with the SIM detection after standby is still there.

Guest Aspergillus
Any idea why the phone freezes every so often? Usually once per day required bat removal to restart... then after rebooting the time is screwed up and sometimes need to reboot it a few times before it becomes relatively stable again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Rgds,

TD

No Battery removal required in most cases it is enoght to push "Power On" + "Vol Down" and "Trackball"..

usually the Phone reboots imediatly.. But in this state:

Just keep those 3 Buttons hold for longer.... 30 Seconds or so ....(and or try multiple times) .... then the phone will reboot without Battery Pull.

I'm Confident, that paul will find a solution to this problem.

Regards

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

I have a ROM version without WaveSecure but the problem with the SIM detection after standby is still there.

Yes it looks like WaveSecure is NOT the issue.

I too can confirm I still have this issue, the phone will not register with the network even after multiple reboots. Shame as this ROM looks brilliant in every other way.

Guest vanessa13006

Hi Paul,

It's just a question not a request but to be honest I'd like it :lol: Will the new functions of the desire hdrom be introduce in the future ? Is this intended or is this a dream ?

Thanks

No Battery removal required in most cases it is enoght to push "Power On" + "Vol Down" and "Trackball"..

usually the Phone reboots imediatly.. But in this state:

Just keep those 3 Buttons hold for longer.... 30 Seconds or so ....(and or try multiple times) .... then the phone will reboot without Battery Pull.

I'm Confident, that paul will find a solution to this problem.

Regards

Aspi

Found out what the problem is... its the newer HAVS kernel by intersectRaven... flash a non AVS kernel and u should be fine. After a lot of messing around I moved back to CM6 and then flashed the kernel to replicate the problem and bingo... issue found.

@Paul - Can you suggest a non AVS kernel for this rom, as I have seen on the IR's kernel thread that some CPU's just dont like H/AVS