22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nerds 2 You
everyone else have the limited text issue? its worst thing for me =[ like the rom is amazing but that makes it really difficult to use, also cant send or recieve mms..

Verify your APN settings for the MMS issue

Guest vanessa13006
thats what i also had to do... after that wifi was working + no lockups

This Rom is really bizarre. Cause I'm using it since a week and never have a network issue. I don't understand why some people have these problems and others have not. It's just a matter of curiosity. If someone can give me the answer....Welcome :lol:

Edited by vanessa13006

Guest Jlopez1286

idk if theres a seperate topic for this question, but has anyone able to get mobitv apk working on the Nexus One??? i had two different apks but they wont work...

Guest AndroidAlways
Where did you get the bcm4329.ko file?

Extract the update.zip file, and you will find it under \system\lib\modules

Flashing intersectRaven's Kernel seems to solve the lockup problems. I also had to push the bcm4329.ko file after flashing the kernel, in order to get wlan working again.

Guest Nerds 2 You
Go into the gmail app and select the account that is not synchronising. Select sync/refresh, then go into accounts and sync and select the options from there. :lol:

I am having the same issue of Gmail only syncing the first account that I create, or rather not syncing the Gmail account.

Here are the steps I went through to set up my phone, it does not resolve the issue

Signed in to my Google account while phone was going through the setup, my primary account is a Google APPS account, this one syncs perfectly

The setup does not give option to add 2nd google account at that time so I went through rest of setup wizard

I went to accounts and added my gmail account, after you enter the user/pass the next screen only shows sync contacts and calender, there is NO option so sync mail at this time.

I open Gmail app and the 2nd account is listed, when you click on it you get an error message saying the account isn't synced and to go to menu->accounts

This time when you go there the option to sync mail is there and I check it off, the mail syncs at that time and all mail shows up in the app.

Gmail no longer syncs after that, it only retrieves mail when I press refresh manually.

The original apps account syncs just fine, I also have a 3rd account set up that is also an apps account (different domain) and is also syncs perfectly fine.

I can't even delete and re-add the Gmail account without a wipe. I did backup and try from a fresh wipe/install and had the exact same issue.

Edited by Nerds 2 You

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi
Extract the update.zip file, and you will find it under \system\lib\modules

Flashing intersectRaven's Kernel seems to solve the lockup problems. I also had to push the bcm4329.ko file after flashing the kernel, in order to get wlan working again.

Well, actually I meant the update.zip.

Guest rcadden
Update coming on Monday everyone! :lol: Just been helping get the ZTE Blade rooted + the ROM scene going... B)

Just to be sure, that was intended to reference Monday, September 27th, correct? Did I miss something?

Guest prgopala
Just to be sure, that was intended to reference Monday, September 27th, correct? Did I miss something?

tat's wat even i understood... not sure...

Guest kubrick1977
Verify your APN settings for the MMS issue

Am on O2 UK (Contract) and have the same issues... Can't send or receive MMS as well as SMS messages that are longer than 160 characters do not send...

Guest Aaron Taulbee

I have an SDCard issue. The ROM wont read my 16gb Class 6 but it will read my 8gb Class 6. Any ideas? Stock ROM's read it just fine including my Samsung Vibrant.

Guest Joshua03
I have an SDCard issue. The ROM wont read my 16gb Class 6 but it will read my 8gb Class 6. Any ideas? Stock ROM's read it just fine including my Samsung Vibrant.

I have a Transcend 16gb class 6 sdcard and no problems. It works fine.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi

Have you tried reformatting it?

Guest prgopala
Hi Paul!

How do i download it??

If you are an 'Ad free' (paid subscription) member then you can bake the rom in kitchen and download. Kitchen is only available to paid subscrition member.

Guest vanessa13006

The month is correct but not the year ;) Hey Paul it's just a joke :)

:)

I'm going to move r24 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r25 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

Guest vanessa13006

I'm going to move r24 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r25 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

This is a very very good news. I was afraid you were lost in San Francisco under an orange:)

Guest rcadden

P

Rough timeline?

Guest ChrisSpera

P

Awesome news, Paul. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'll help any way I can.

I've noticed that with the release of Car Home in the Android Market, that its having the same problem with eViL's Desire HD ROM that we are having with it here with your Desire ROM - The app doesn't see the BT hardware in the Car Dock and won't pair/use it.

Have you had any luck moving forward on that front? Anything I can help you with on the testing side of things??

Guest christonge

P

Look forward to it ;-)

Guest Sabiwa
Look forward to it ;-)

Dito ... this sense rom is the only one making connection to my carkit (Radiosat from Renault) without trouble. So I will stick to this one for now at least