22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chazman1117

I just flashed this rom w/ the radio, and I get stuck on the boot screen....I am coming from eViL's desire rom......

Update....a second full wipe and a second full install fixed it...

Edited by chazman1117

OK, trackball wake is a-go!

P

Would you ever consider adding trackball unlock as an additional option? That and a battery % option would make these roms perfection for me :P

Trackball unlock perhaps, but battery % i'll generally leave as an 'add on' as I prefer to have the stock look.

P

Ah ok, I'll keep a look out on the chance it's implemented :P

I think Trackball Unlock is going to be difficult (although of course not impossible) as it will require code changes to the HTC Unlock Screen app...

P

What about Battery percentage?

Guest eyespunker
Is this rom theme compatible?? like the expresso theme??

thanks anyways.. this rocks..

though ill hold on till trackball wake is baked in... my power button don work..

This is a solid rom and is theme compatible.. Metamorph that is. Also the battery percent kitchen worked perfect with this framework.

Nice work.

Finally everything works!

But... I must say this ROM (Desire ROMS in general maybe) is slower than MCR Nexus One... but It has Radio FM... so I think I will keep it.

Anyway if Paul finds any way to make a little more similar in speed as MCR Nexus One... would be great!

Thanks for the work!

Guest Stea1thmode
Nice work.

Finally everything works!

But... I must say this ROM (Desire ROMS in general maybe) is slower than MCR Nexus One... but It has Radio FM... so I think I will keep it.

Anyway if Paul finds any way to make a little more similar in speed as MCR Nexus One... would be great!

Thanks for the work!

After a few reboots, my n1 is now flying,

Paul, would you also consider the Calibration profile(HACK) as an option, found here;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745248

cheers

You need to do your first reboot to get full space / performance.

re: the Calibration profile hack - it looks interesting, have you tried it on this ROM? It looks like the 'Sense' version should work.

P

Guest Stea1thmode
You need to do your first reboot to get full space / performance.

re: the Calibration profile hack - it looks interesting, have you tried it on this ROM? It looks like the 'Sense' version should work.

P

I tried it on eVIL's ROM but couldn't get it to work, not tried it yet on r24. I'll let you know how I get on.........

Guest Stea1thmode
re: Calibrator, I downloaded this, extracted it, pushed the libsurfaceflinger.so file to /system/lib, rebooted, then installed the version 5 APK from here and it seemed to work fine...?

P

OMGosh :P ,

you're too quick for words, thanks again :)

Is it possible to get trackball succession in there, that would be nice. I just baked a rom and going to give it a try. Right now I am using the Evil 1.15 rom. I will be back with my feedback.

Edited by paesan

I updated to the lastest IR kernel and found out that BT works even better. But now i lost a2sd is there a way to enable that again with the new kernel ?

Maybe its possible to always update to the latest kernel in the kitchen as an option ?

TIA.

Guest negreenfield

So far so good. Still haven't had a chance to check out if the desk dock is working with bluetooth or anything, I'll have to try that later.

But for me this is more stable than Evil's ROM in terms of staying connected to wifi so far. I do think it might be slightly slower, might be a perception or maybe it is the kernel difference but honestly speed is not in my top priority. For me it's Stability, Features, and Speed is 3rd. I did have 2 Rosie/Sense Launcher crashes, once was after shaking the phone for the coin widget and closing the coin, and the other after updating a few apps. I'll see how this does going forward.

Edit: Forgot to mention for me NFL, MobiTV, and the Star Wars LWPs are all working for me.

Edited by negreenfield