Custom ROM junk

Guest regdude

Hi!

I just installed a Custom ROM on my B7610, used Daskalos newest (I think) build and the Full package.

Finally I fixed the call lag problem I had, but there seem to be some applications that I don't need, even the few that came with the package like:

new Settings, Omnia 2 messaging, PIM Backup, Omarket and standard applications like RSS Reader, Messenger, MSN Weather, Google maps and other.

So is there a way to free up some space? I clearly can delete the shortcut, but I'm looking for a way to save RAM and storage space.

I did try also Megalite, it did have some unneeded applications but they were a lot less.

There were few reasons why I went to full - missed samsung's theme, camera didn't work (first no icon, then after installing app some error) and didn't like included settings menu (couldn't change ring type).

Guest Thunder141

the only ways I thing are

1. install an experiment rom and only install apps that you want

2. Create an own custom rom based on a stock rom with all appps removed that you don't need

Hi!

I just installed a Custom ROM on my B7610, used Daskalos newest (I think) build and the Full package.

Finally I fixed the call lag problem I had, but there seem to be some applications that I don't need, even the few that came with the package like:

new Settings, Omnia 2 messaging, PIM Backup, Omarket and standard applications like RSS Reader, Messenger, MSN Weather, Google maps and other.

So is there a way to free up some space? I clearly can delete the shortcut, but I'm looking for a way to save RAM and storage space.

I did try also Megalite, it did have some unneeded applications but they were a lot less.

There were few reasons why I went to full - missed samsung's theme, camera didn't work (first no icon, then after installing app some error) and didn't like included settings menu (couldn't change ring type).

Guest jbarrick

I also wish someone would again make a semi lite rom. SOmething that had some of the sumsung stuff like settings, calculator, O Ff ICE 2010, ect.. But that would have removed some of the large perhpas unused programs such as sumsung today and widget screen, video editor, unneeded themes pictures and sounds,msn money weather ect.....

An option of somewhere, anywhere really, in the middle, rather than all or nothing would be great.

Guest Thunder141

I do have such a semi lite rom, but based on german stock rom JC2. I only have a german dump as a base and can't modify custom rom's cause they are lzx compressed and by this way "encrypted".

If one provide me a dump of an english stock rom, i can remove all unwanted apps. I have done this with my german rom and now I only have the apps I want plus some extra apps I always use.

I also wish someone would again make a semi lite rom. SOmething that had some of the sumsung stuff like settings, calculator, O Ff ICE 2010, ect.. But that would have removed some of the large perhpas unused programs such as sumsung today and widget screen, video editor, unneeded themes pictures and sounds,msn money weather ect.....

An option of somewhere, anywhere really, in the middle, rather than all or nothing would be great.

I really just can't understand that people want a rom that only has the apps that THEY use. Believe me, chefs aren't gonna make a personal rom for everyone on the forum. Everyone thinks some apps are junk while others think that that apps are really usefull. So just flash a megalite indeed and install the stuff you need.