Desire HD Contract T-mobile

Guest rob_turner_uk

Guest rob_turner_uk

Just seen this tweet from T-mobile:

@TMobileOfficial: T-Mobile customers will be able to get their hands on the new HTC Desire HD from October for free on a £40 a month, 24 month contract. #htc

Seems a little high to me?? Not that I would ever buy an iPhone 4 but you could easily pick one up for the same terms. Would think it would be an okay price if it was for 18 months.

Guest MrLowHoe

@TMobileOfficial: T-Mobile customers will be able to get their hands on the new HTC Desire HD from October for free on a £40 a month, 24 month contract. #htc

Seems a little high to me?? Not that I would ever buy an iPhone 4 but you could easily pick one up for the same terms. Would think it would be an okay price if it was for 18 months.

I hope a contract for £30-35 for the Desire HD doesn't have a stupid price tag for the phone.

I personally think its always cheaper to buy the phone outright and use it on pay as you go or sim-only plan. most PAYG or sim-only plan has massive call allowances and comes with data bundle.

try do a quick calculation over a fixed period see if it pays. for me, it always work out cheaper and i have the freedom to change phone whenver i want to

I personally think its always cheaper to buy the phone outright and use it on pay as you go or sim-only plan. most PAYG or sim-only plan has massive call allowances and comes with data bundle.

try do a quick calculation over a fixed period see if it pays. for me, it always work out cheaper and i have the freedom to change phone whenver i want to

Agreed, most of the time it is. However I have found that recently with some of the 24month contracts work out a bit cheaper, but you just have to take the hit of having the same handset for 2years!

personally Ill be looking to get the HD on tmobile, however ill want it on a £30 per month contract for 18months, but id be happy to pay 100 for the phone.

:lol:

Guest MrLowHoe
Agreed, most of the time it is. However I have found that recently with some of the 24month contracts work out a bit cheaper, but you just have to take the hit of having the same handset for 2years!

personally Ill be looking to get the HD on tmobile, however ill want it on a £30 per month contract for 18months, but id be happy to pay 100 for the phone.

:lol:

I 2nd that. A £30/£35 contract for 18 months and pay a fair amount for the phone. The wait is killing me...

My T-Mobile contract runs out at the beginning of Oct - I've had a HTC Hero on a 12 month contract for something a shade under £30 a month - £27? Something like that. I phoned up T-Mobile to cancel, thinking I'd go PAYG for a bit and they offered me SIM only, 300 mins, 300 texts, unlimited (3Gb) Internet for ... £5 a month! Only downside is 24 month contract, but I can take on a phone contract at any time if I choose. I figured typical contracts now are £30/month/24 months = £720. £5/month over the same period is £120, leaving £600 to break even on a handset. Pre-ordered Desire HDs are around £470, so I'm well inside that, and I'll probably sit on it a couple of months while the market calms down.

John

My T-Mobile contract runs out at the beginning of Oct - I've had a HTC Hero on a 12 month contract for something a shade under £30 a month - £27? Something like that. I phoned up T-Mobile to cancel, thinking I'd go PAYG for a bit and they offered me SIM only, 300 mins, 300 texts, unlimited (3Gb) Internet for ... £5 a month! Only downside is 24 month contract, but I can take on a phone contract at any time if I choose. I figured typical contracts now are £30/month/24 months = £720. £5/month over the same period is £120, leaving £600 to break even on a handset. Pre-ordered Desire HDs are around £470, so I'm well inside that, and I'll probably sit on it a couple of months while the market calms down.

John

that just reiterate my view of getting a phone outright and source contract separately will work out cheaper most of the time.

I have never used anywhere near my allowance when I was on fixed contract, not to mention the extras i had to pay because of all the 0845 numbers.

My line is currently on PAYG with O2, top up £10 a month gives me free internet + free text, my usage on call is less than £5 a month including all the 0845 numbers. after 6 month, I have over £30 balance on top of everything I have used, and I can opt in for the £5/month web bolt on for the next 6 months. the overall cost for the year on phone call in my case was around £90, and I get to use new interesting phones whenever they are out and sell the old ones on ebay without the need to worry about the contracts or sim lock. and also the freedom of going into the gadget show draw every week without paying extra :lol:

Edited by cezent

The advice here is always to shop around. Sometimes PAYG is better, sometimes not. My wife got a free HTC Desire on 18months for just £22/mth with unlimited data and texts (T-mobile). Excellent deal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vinokirk

+1 for this!

yeah you have to outlay £480 for the phone, but you can get a £10 a month sim from Three with 100 mins unlimited texts+internet. so over a 24 month period thats £720 in total. But the great thing is, your not tied down to a contract or a phone. If you want, you can sell your phone in 6 moths time for say £350 and put £100 and buy the latest phone!, or you might wanna change your three contract to a vodafone sim only contract after 2 months. You have the flexibility too! As soon as contracts went to 18 moths they were dead in my eyes. Its just the telcos trying to extorte more money....we, the people need to rise up against them!

But you just need to find that £500 first to start the ball rolling which is impossible fro some people. perhaps wait a few months and buy a used one off ebay to keep the p[rice down, but then your not getting it the day it comes out lol

Guest Dayzee

Just seen one contract at £25 a month, 18 months, Handset price £155 which works out at £605. Thats on TMo, with 100 mins Unlimited texts and 1GB data. That's with Mobile Phones Direct http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Networ...447/p83978.aspx

i'd say watch out for PAYG sims offering Data - Three, for example, on PAYG offer only 150mb data wit £10 top up. They then charge a LOT for data once outside (and I'd personally use that in a week or so!!) Even three unlimited data is capped at 500MB. Also three have JUST changed their PAYG plans to one where you buy add ons - these for example give you 100 mins, 3000 texts and 500mb data but only last 30 days and are not transferrable, unlike their previous tarrif where you had 90 days to use allowances. Also gone are the free 3 to 3 minutes. I know this because I got two sims for my daughter and hubby to use, mainly cos of the free 3 to 3 thing. She has a tarrif with that deal, but he doesn't because they introduced the new tarrifs a few days later. :lol:

Also true of Orange and O2 - their "unlimited" data plans are capped at 500mb I think.

Guest vinokirk

I have ordered from mobilephonesdirect.com and they were only one day out on delivery. I heard many bad things about them prior to the order of my HD2, but they always answered every email and call very promptly.

Guest FrogPulse

I've ordered mine from Amazon, unlocked.

Staying with my Pulse Tmobile sim which has unlimted Text & Internet(3Gb) and now about £40 in credit since I don't call much.

Just have to top-up £10 a month.

I'm not a contract type of person :lol:

Guest MrLowHoe
Just seen one contract at £25 a month, 18 months, Handset price £155 which works out at £605. Thats on TMo, with 100 mins Unlimited texts and 1GB data. That's with Mobile Phones Direct http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Networ...447/p83978.aspx

Has anyone ordered from there? The deals don't look bad at all, appealing to a student like me ;). But how can they have those price plans up when T-Mobile hasn't themselves? If anyone orders from them, do make a new post regarding your experience with the site and when the phone got to you etc. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ordered from there? The deals don't look bad at all, appealing to a student like me :). But how can they have those price plans up when T-Mobile hasn't themselves? If anyone orders from them, do make a new post regarding your experience with the site and when the phone got to you etc. :)

Don't do it!!!!!!

I was sucked in by their low prices. However they lied about sending me a HTC car kit. It took 3 months for them to send me one and their after sales is beyond appalling. I suppose if you get lucky and nothing goes wrong, you may be ok. However if anything goes wrong, they are a disgrace to deal with. To describe them as rude, ignorant, coniving and unreliable would be complimentary.

Guest Astracat_95
Has anyone ordered from there? The deals don't look bad at all, appealing to a student like me :D. But how can they have those price plans up when T-Mobile hasn't themselves? If anyone orders from them, do make a new post regarding your experience with the site and when the phone got to you etc. :P

I got my Samsung Omnia II from them, an 18-months contract @ £25 per month with 300 mins, 300 txts and 500Mb internet, which is fine for me.

No problems except for a delay of one day for delivery, but nothing else negative to report. Their handsets come unlocked as standard, btw.

Guest vinokirk
Has anyone ordered from there? The deals don't look bad at all, appealing to a student like me :D. But how can they have those price plans up when T-Mobile hasn't themselves? If anyone orders from them, do make a new post regarding your experience with the site and when the phone got to you etc. :P

See my post above!!

I also had a delay of one day on delivery. I heard many bad stories about them but I had no problems.

One thing to mention...if you want good service call one of their stores, I spoke to Robin (I dont know where) and he was a very nice chap.

Guest El Nino9

i got mine from e2save and they're part of carphone warehouse. they have a great deal on t-mobile and my phone arrived in the morning when i ordered yesterday afternoon.

contract is 600mins 500 texts unlimited data (believe 3gb compared to the rest who offer only 500mb)

FREE phone

monthly line rental £25 yes thats a 2 and not a 3 lol.

if you use qudico you can get cash back on the sale too :P

i got mine from e2save and they're part of carphone warehouse. they have a great deal on t-mobile and my phone arrived in the morning when i ordered yesterday afternoon.

contract is 600mins 500 texts unlimited data (believe 3gb compared to the rest who offer only 500mb)

FREE phone

monthly line rental £25 yes thats a 2 and not a 3 lol.

if you use qudico you can get cash back on the sale too :P

Lucky bugger! Im still trying to get mine from Tmobile, arrange to get an early upgrade and waiting for them to get them in stock again, either in store or at the warehouse.

Its rubbish because no one at Tmo can tell me when they will be getting them back in stock.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Buddhainuk

:)

I 2nd that. A £30/£35 contract for 18 months and pay a fair amount for the phone. The wait is killing me...

Lucky bugger! Im still trying to get mine from Tmobile, arrange to get an early upgrade and waiting for them to get them in stock again, either in store or at the warehouse.

Its rubbish because no one at Tmo can tell me when they will be getting them back in stock.

:(

Got my Desire HD on the 20th Oct on a £15 a month 300min 300txt unlimited internet and plus unlimited calls to T-mobile phone or can change it to unlimited txt or landlines on a 24month contract and only had to pay £30 for the phone plus it unlocked to any network :)

CarPhoneWarehouse has got Desire HD in Blackpool well they did on the 20 Oct on any next work.