HTC HERO adb issues

Guest JamieGrossman

Guest JamieGrossman

i must be doing something wrong. i just got a new laptop with windows 7 and attached my htc hero, and it automatically installed my drivers, but when i download the android sdk and try to partition the SD card on my phone, it just says 'device not found'. do i have to install drivers for my htc hero or something? thanks. :lol:

i must be doing something wrong. i just got a new laptop with windows 7 and attached my htc hero, and it automatically installed my drivers, but when i download the android sdk and try to partition the SD card on my phone, it just says 'device not found'. do i have to install drivers for my htc hero or something? thanks. :lol:

yes you need the vista drivers htc_vista_driver.zip

mifran

how do i install it? and are you sure this works for windows 7?

put it on your desk top so you can find it then plug the phone into a usb port right click computer > manage.> device manager >right clickother devices ADB update driver for the usb device with a question mark point it to the files you downloaded onto your desktop

yes i know it works i use it my win7 laptop you need to ADB on the root of C: then run cmd and issue cd c:/adb return adb devices return it should give you the serial number of your phone

mifran

Edited by mifran