Flashing ROMs in Windows 7 - XP Compatibility mode?

Guest ChromeNewt

Guest ChromeNewt

Has anyone tried flashing ROMs on Windows 7 using XP compatibility mode? Am I barking up the wrong tree or could it be feasible that rather than being forced to use an XP machine you could enable XPCM on all the executables involved in the process?

I'm about to change the ROM from the Sector/Kuanchai one (sorry, not got the version number handy) to a WM6.5.3 one but I no longer have access to an XP machine. I'm probably going to get a new phone shortly anyway so would it be worth me trying this so others could benefit from my findings (assuming nobody else has tried it, which I doubt but I couldn't find any references).

Guest ChromeNewt
you can flash on vista / windows 7, search.

I realise you can flash using specific Win7 tools but I've had no luck whatsoever in using them. What I'm asking is has the XP method been tested in Win7 with XP compatibility mode.

• 1 month later...
Guest rexmundi
For the 1 000 000th time: flash using GrandPrix and Executor... Just do some searching. You don't need any compatibility modes or other tweaks...

Well - it is not all truth about flashing on Win 7. I tried for many times to flash using EXECuted rom files and USDL Granprix but without any success.

I made everything what instruction said about installing driver etc on Vista - no results. On Win 7 64bit driver for i780 doesnt work.

So I said to myself - you will live with orginal Samsung Rom !!!

And then I tried last time with USDL in WinXP mode on Win 7 and .... it started to work perfectly !!!!

So my key to success on Win 7 64 bit - plug in Omnia and let Win 7 install drivers. EXECute choosen ROM and run USDL flasher in WinXP mode!

Cheers

Guest nfigueiroa
Well - it is not all truth about flashing on Win 7. I tried for many times to flash using EXECuted rom files and USDL Granprix but without any success.

I made everything what instruction said about installing driver etc on Vista - no results. On Win 7 64bit driver for i780 doesnt work.

So I said to myself - you will live with orginal Samsung Rom !!!

And then I tried last time with USDL in WinXP mode on Win 7 and .... it started to work perfectly !!!!

So my key to success on Win 7 64 bit - plug in Omnia and let Win 7 install drivers. EXECute choosen ROM and run USDL flasher in WinXP mode!

Cheers

Try to execute granprix as admin, just flashed my i900 10 minutes ago with win 7 ultimate...

Guest rexmundi
Try to execute granprix as admin, just flashed my i900 10 minutes ago with win 7 ultimate...

I already flashed Omnia on my Win 7. My post was answer for another one.