I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest will7201
Yes, what i have noticed on 3 is if you select 2g only you lose 3 service. Would be good if you could try this to see if you get same.

I see, I remember when I selected 2g on my Pulse it was like roaming with 3; ie Orange.

I'm hoping to get the SF this weekend. I'm also in two minds whether to ask em for a

discount because I have an Orange sim, or send the missus in cos she works for Sefton

Council. Decisions!

I'll deffo post back when got/unlocked one :lol:

Will.

Guest will7201
Just picked mine up today in liverpool city centre I was in to minds as to should get it when i seen the screen is slightly smaller than the pulse now I've seen the quality of it though glad I did internet looks amazing time to have a play

Hi, did you pay top dollar for the phone? Or get a discount at all, if so, which one?

Cheers, Will.

Hi, did you pay top dollar for the phone? Or get a discount at all, if so, which one?

Cheers, Will.

Got a 10% student discount just seen theres a few others floating round now

Edited by newpbc

Ha Ha! Loving reading through all this. What do you lot reckon? do you think this is gonna become an "all time" record seller? I can see it being extremely popular, i've had quite a few high end android phones in the past costing over £400, and this does 90% of the stuff for a quarter of the price. Makes you wonder what zte have up their sleeve for us next!!

Guest pixelherder

(sorry, new here and i have used the thread search but couldnt seem to find anything....sooo...)

just picked one up at lunch as a gift - had a quick play and while its not as smooth as my desire, for the price its pretty impressive

one question though, is there any way of enabling the stock android browser (and not the data only orange version)?

I mean its there - if you do a google search the results come up in the stock browser - but i imagine that most things will be associated with the orange one?

I know its possible to use 3rd party apps like dolphin, but wanted to know if there was anything i could do without resorting to that.

thanks!

p.s. not interested in rooting/flashing/roms etc as its a present and i dont want to end up as tech support!

Guest pixelherder

What do you mean by 'data only Orange one' exactly? It's the full Android browser...

P

so i'm connected to the net via wifi - the orange internet app says i can only access the internet via gprs/data

if i do a google search the results come up in the default android browser and i can surf the internet via wifi no problem

hope this makes sense!

but its annoying as i'd just like to get rid of anything to do with the Orange Internet browser and its daft shenanigans...

*EDIT*

IT WORKS FINE!

The orange default page gives you a message saying you cant connect unless on data, but if you go to any other page its fine*

MY BAD! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

:lol:

Edited by pixelherder

No... read that message properly.

It means you can only access Orange World (orangeworld.co.uk, the default home page) via the mobile data connection. Type in a different URL and away you go!

Press menu -> more -> settings and you can change the homepage from orangeworld.co.uk = problem solved.

P

Guest pixelherder
No... read that message properly.

It means you can only access Orange World (orangeworld.co.uk, the default home page) via the mobile data connection. Type in a different URL and away you go!

Press menu -> more -> settings and you can change the homepage from orangeworld.co.uk = problem solved.

P

just figured it out as you typed that - sorry for clogging up the thread. Feel free to delete at will :lol:

Guest feckineejit
Paul can you test dropbox on your unlocked phone? please? thanks

Just uploaded a pic from phone in to dropbox, checked Dropbox on the comptuter an it was there. Also added an mp3 and pic on the computer to Dropbox, went to dropbox on the phone and it was there. but when i download them they wont open :lol:

Edited by feckineejit

Hi there, seriously considering taking the plunge and using a £10 simplicity SIM.

How does this phone compare to the HTC Hero?

How is the battery life?

How is the game performance, like with the angry birds beta etc?

I tried one out in the oange store today and it looks like a gem, it did feel a little sluggish though?

Really need to know the comparrissons between this and the HTC Hero!

thanks in advance guys.

Custom ROMs will fix that, just ask the Pulse community :lol:

Yea?

Ive been using cuistom roms in the pasy, cyanogen and villainrom, on my G1 an Hero respectively and they tend to cause issues like rebooting when using the camera etc, so im a little wary of doining it now.

What is the performance like Vs the Hero, is there a full specsheet out on the SF anywhere so that i can compare the specs side by side?

Just uploaded a pic from phone in to dropbox, checked Dropbox on the comptuter an it was there. Also added an mp3 and pic on the computer to Dropbox, went to dropbox on the phone and it was there. but when i download them they wont open :lol:

Cheers mate. Looks likes its buggy - using Droidbox for now B) works superbly.

Hi,

Sorry to probably ask what has already been discussed in depth - I'm after a replacement for my G1 (currently on 3 network) and this seems to fit the bill as I'm not on an expensive contract and dont want to spend a lot of money on a phone.

Once its been unlocked, is there anything this phone wont do that my G1 does - it seems to have accelerometer, compass etc... but I'm sure I must be missing a trick... It appears that this phone offers everything my G1 has (exc keyboard) plus screen closer to that of the Desire. Comments re build quality please?

Cheers,

Andy

Quick question - does anyone know when the network merge between Orange and T-Mobile is happening?

I thought that if you have an Orange handset you would not be able to put a T-Mobile sim in but you could use the network if the signal was stronger?

I will be unlocking the phone when I get it, because the internet is so much cheaper on T-Mobile, I'm just wondering when it will automatically switch between networks? I have bad signal in my house on T-Mobile but had good signal when I had a phone with Orange..

Thanks

Pretty solid... a worthy update in most regards to your G1.

P

Thanks Paul, apologies for not reading through all the text but I'm literally home from work for half an hour and then off out to buy it. Glad you're so pleased with your 'Frisco. :lol: