I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

They are so going to whack the price up on the next batch of these...

But surely they would have to say that the current price is a promotion in order to justify a price increase right?

Guest tuttsclumps
Have we had any camera samples in the thread? 23 pages is quite a lot to go through.... :/

Really interested in this handest, the girlfriend has had a HTC Hero since January but I think it's been trying her patience lately. Might propose that she Mazuma her Hero (no point Ebaying it, she treats her phones like crap!) and putting it towards the San Fran, looks ideal for her. The 3MP camera might be a stumbling block, but then the camera on the Hero is a bit arse at the best of times.

Heck, my Galaxy S has been annoying me too, perhaps I'll even start considering downgrading (or side-grading, when you take lag and lack of memory into account :lol:)

camera is pretty bad.. haven't been able to take a decent shot yet... it's a shame

Edited by tuttsclumps

"@flibblesan Have been advised quite a few units have been sold. What store did you visit and I will contact them to see whats going on? ^Jon"

if anybody has any issues buying from the store or online contact @OrangeHelpers on Twitter and they will find out for you.

Guest flatnote31

cheeers :lol:

my online order got confirmation, tracked on TCB and says "being readied for dispatch"..yet still no footprint on my card!!!

it should post today, if not, I'm gonna try to get one from a shop...

"@flibblesan Have been advised quite a few units have been sold. What store did you visit and I will contact them to see whats going on? ^Jon"

if anybody has any issues buying from the store or online contact @OrangeHelpers on Twitter and they will find out for you.

Edited by flatnote31

Guest will7201

Thanks to thepearce for the council discount info. Next question is, if I order online via topcashback etc how do you tell 'em you work for the council?

Thanks for being patient guys.

Will.

But surely they would have to say that the current price is a promotion in order to justify a price increase right?

Maybe. There's nothing legally to say they would have to do that though. Like anything, the way to justify a price increase is because consumers will pay more.

Seriously underpriced piece of kit in my opinion. If it was a branded device, you would be looking at £129 easy.

Guest SimonTG01

Can anyone help me with comparisons on WiFi?

attached are (Bad Quality) shots of my SF & Hero next to each other.

post-578314-1285597108_thumb.jpgpost-578314-1285597256_thumb.jpg

as you can see Hero picks up the WiFi network no problem and SF doesn't find it at all...

is it just my handset or a general problem?

Thanks

(BTW not sure i've done this right, still a noob :lol: )

Guest SimonTG01
Could be a handset issue, my SF is definitely better at picking up my wifi than my Hero, and definitely as good as the wife's wildfire.

That's reassuring :lol:

i love this phone other than the WiFi issue...

i'll try to get the handset swapped tomorrow

BTW I'm using RebelSim and 3uk PAYG, not got the APN's set up but Calls and texts working no probs

Can anyone help me with comparisons on WiFi?

attached are (Bad Quality) shots of my SF & Hero next to each other.

post-578314-1285597108_thumb.jpgpost-578314-1285597256_thumb.jpg

as you can see Hero picks up the WiFi network no problem and SF doesn't find it at all...

is it just my handset or a general problem?

Thanks

(BTW not sure i've done this right, still a noob :lol: )

Mine has WI-Fi problem as well. Went to ORANGE shop today. The store manager couldn't find any wireless network in the store as well.

Now the device fails to scan for available wireless networks! It is definitely handset problem B).

He agreed to replace it as soon as new stock arrives - out of stock. Said he will call me back. I hope new stock arrives soon.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by GGR

Guest feckineejit
Have we had any camera samples in the thread? 23 pages is quite a lot to go through.... :/

Really interested in this handest, the girlfriend has had a HTC Hero since January but I think it's been trying her patience lately. Might propose that she Mazuma her Hero (no point Ebaying it, she treats her phones like crap!) and putting it towards the San Fran, looks ideal for her. The 3MP camera might be a stumbling block, but then the camera on the Hero is a bit arse at the best of times.

Heck, my Galaxy S has been annoying me too, perhaps I'll even start considering downgrading (or side-grading, when you take lag and lack of memory into account B))

I already put some pics up here

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...0/#entry1415363

Hope they help :lol:

Just seen a video taken with the San Fran -

Not like i'll ever use it for the camera though :lol:

EDIT: Also found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDwgpdaDic. The video shows an unboxing, boot time, live wallpapers, youtube video playback etc. I can tell the difference of the screen, especially on youtube - it looks awesome.

Edited by tomjo7

Guest mannybianco

I find it odd that the video quality is so bad. The MSM7227 SoC is capable of VGA video at 20-24 FPS, and a bitrate of 1000 kbps+. I wonder if it's just a software limitation.

Guest blackmath
Thanks for the pics.

I'm afraid I'm a little slow, read through the OP but can't find mention of the amount of system ram. 256mb? 512mb? Somewhere inbetween?

~420MB showing and so the chip will have to be a 512MB one.

How`s everyones battery life? mine seems a bit crap tbh,just wondered if i`ve got a duff one or the life really is that short? :lol:

It is quite bad if the screen is on for long periods of time. Standby time seems to be pretty solid.

Edited by blackmath