[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

• From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img' (subsituting fastboot-mac or fastboot-linux as required)
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting fastboot-mac or fastboot-linux as required)

Who said the screen would change? Once it's 'sent over' you do the 'fastboot reboot' and you're set... :lol:

P

Who said the screen would change? Once it's 'sent over' you do the 'fastboot reboot' and you're set... :lol:

P

Did that - fastboot said it had sent reboot but the phone just sat there.

Edited by Jakdaw

m struggling to get Fastboot to install. Ive installed the Windows 7 64bit drivers (just have one ZTE USB entry in Device Manager showing as not installed).

When I try to install Fastboot from a command prompt I get the following message:

unknown partition 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img'

error: cannot determine image filename for 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img'

Any idea what is going wrong ?

Thanks.

Guest critch36

Hi, I am new to this and although i have tinkered with PCs and phones before I am a bit lost on this,

where do I download the files,phone sd card or PC also what exactly do I have to type in at the command prompt .

thanks for any help

great stuff, installing now, any news on clockwork recovery? anyone found out how to get into recovery? would it be possible to flash the recovery image to wherever the ftm stuff is held since we can get into that. Booted into recovery using quickboot, it doesn't work well at all does it, no button to select the upside down menu options once you get them on screen and an error too!

Edited by rjm2k

Guest Nik Louch

So, in command prompt I put:

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img

I'm in the right folder, etc.

The window simply says:

< waiting for devices >

Is it working or am I safe to unplug my phone?

Nik, if you check device manager you'll probably find you're missing the driver for the phone.

Assuming the phone is actually at the 'green android' (power on with volume up button held).

P

Guest Matt Thompson
right click on the link to the .img and select save as

You can't because the file is not linked - the interstitial captcha page is linked.

Download firefox (www.getfirefox.com) - sign into blade.modaco.com with Firefox and downlioad the file with that.

Firefox doesn't think "Ah! A .img file - I can open those!" like Safari does so prompts you to download it.

Guest Nik Louch

Paul, you're 100% correct, it is missing the drivers in Device Manager (yellow exclamation)...

However, I'd downloaded the Win7 drivers off here, extracted to a folder, tried to update drivers by browsing to that folder - cannot find...

Weird.

Guest stuartmc

If you have the Green Android showing before you attach it to the PC then Windows Update will download the Android drivers. If you are showing the HSUSB drivers then these are not the correct drivers for the rooting and flashing. If you are showing ZTE HSUSB Device in the device manager your phone is not in the correct mode. In the right mode you should see a new device category called ADB Interface. I believe the Drivers here are intended to address the ZTE HSUSB Device issue and are not ADB drivers which I downloaded automatically on Win 7 Pro 64-Bit. Hope this makes sense I am only 2 days into androidland and this is how mine worked.

Yes, the stock ROM is posted in the forum.

P

just wondering, until we get a recovery key combo is it possible to come up with a combined fastboot/recovery image that does both or is fastboot in a non-accessible area? how about the ftm area mode instead?

Guest hugo1001

hi guys im new to all this.but i want to put paul custom rom on the phone but im stuck at getting it rooted and could do with a little help pls.this is where im stuck. (From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img')