[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kaisersolo
Look at your windows help files for how to get to a command prompt window. You will need a little knowledge of dos commands such as cd and dir/w.

In the later windows systems the command prompt function is in the start menu/accessories folder. Once it is open you will need to navigate the prompt to the folder where you have the files you want to flash. Read a little about dos commands it's not hard.

If you are sure you have the file name correct and it is still not flashing you need to inspect the file extension. Sometimes windows will add another extension that you will not be able to see unless you have set your folders correctly. In vista/7 open a explorer window and go to organise/folder and search options.

Click view (centre tab) and scroll down till you can see 'Hidden Files and Folders' Click show.

2 down from there is 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types' Ensure this is Not selected. Ok all your way out.

Inspect the extension on your flash file and edit as required. Run the dos command again and all should be well.

Yes I have done all of the above, indeed i'm software developer and i used to flash windows mobile roms before.

So once again - my file is as should be but when i turned thwe phone of and then on it just shows the andriod guy and then the orange sign and it is still showing the orange sign an hour and half on.

PLEASE

anyone can I get my phone back to normal here

Guest Ash.UK
Yes thanks, is this the file i need to use for orange san francisco?

Also, I cannot find the reboot exe in the zip files i.e. where I need to: run 'fastboot-windows reboot'

Anyone shed any light on this..please...should there be a 'reboot.exe' in the zip files?

Guest jdtanner
Anyone shed any light on this..please...should there be a 'reboot.exe' in the zip files?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that reboot is a switch (an additional command) to the fastboot-windows command...at least that is what it looks like to me (but I'm a mac).

John

Guest Ash.UK
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that reboot is a switch (an additional command) to the fastboot-windows command...at least that is what it looks like to me (but I'm a mac).

John

Thanks, I dont want to get half way through and find out I haven't got the correct file...just want to be sure....?

Guest notcosi

ok I think I sound like a total idiot but I am using linux mint and when I type in first fastbook-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.all i get is command not found. Have put the file img file in the fastboot file - any linux users have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Guest sensory
ok I think I sound like a total idiot but I am using linux mint and when I type in first fastbook-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.all i get is command not found. Have put the file img file in the fastboot file - any linux users have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Try ./fastboot-linux boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.all instead. That should run it with no problems.

I'm having another problem myself where it won't recognise that the device is connected. When I do fastboot-linux devices it doesn't show any device and when I try to flash it all it says it "waiting for device." Androot works fine which I'm using at the moment, but I'd like to try out that ROM. :/ Any one know what's happening?

Guest shedsounds

Think this needs a walkthough for windows, given how different macs are, may on windows seem to be struggling??? I really appreciate everything done on here and I've lashed maybe 7 or 8 phones, psps, sat navs all sorts but am confused about this on my win7 pc

Guest notcosi

thanks sensory ...now saying cannot load flashboot etc :)

any ideas?

edit now saying waiting for device ...

Edited by notcosi

Guest mark watson

I followed Paul's instructions and have the superuser icon in the app drawer. The phone is running really slow now to the point where it is unusable.

Any ideas what could be up?

Thanks

Mark

New version online!

:)

P

Changelog

r3

• Reverted 'Orange' logo to Android logo (from V880 dump)
  • MCRi will now check for .gz.gz files on /sdcard and rename them appopriately (n00b friendly)
  • MCRi will now run-parts from /system/etc/init.d if found (adding possibility of A2SD, CacheDalvikCache etc. etc.)

New version online!

:)

P

Changelog

r3

• Reverted 'Orange' logo to Android logo (from V880 dump)
  • MCRi will now check for .gz.gz files on /sdcard and rename them appopriately (n00b friendly)
  • MCRi will now run-parts from /system/etc/init.d if found (adding possibility of A2SD, CacheDalvikCache etc. etc.)

Hardware UI Acceleration, too?

Guest stuartmc

Please help me understand, I have r2 Superboot and the MCR ROM. Do I need to install r3 if I am happy with the Orange logo showing or should I wait for a new release of the ROM that requires r3. Will it make any changes to my system so I need to have a backup before doing this. My r2 install went easily and having seen the number of problems some people have had I am just being cautious that I don't do more harm than good.

Guest Simon O
Just updated to r3 but the orange logo still there

Keep up the good work guys following the site daily :-)

The orange logo is part of the system. That will be removed in the next rom update.

edit: just noticed to my amusement that the green android moves ever so slightly a couple of pixels to the right during boot. I guess the android logo in the boot.img isn't completely centred.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

Big bug with Superboot r3. I've lost radio... can't connect to any mobile networks at all.. error searching for networks, 2G button grayed out.. wifi works ok but the cell radio is completely not working.

Gone back to r2 and radio works.

Update: Tried r3 again and radio works... very odd

Edited by flibblesan