Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest insurgente
You have to get it delivered to the billing address, however on DPD's site, there is an option to rearrange a failed delivery to a different address. I shall be trying that service out shortly, as no-one is home and I've got one due.

really? that's interesting... My brother will most likely be asleep anyway

what if I ask whoever to refuse delivery, will i then be able to change the address? Wonder if I can change the delivery address from West Yorkshire to London...too far?

also.... it said log on after 10am and I'd have a more precise delivery time...but nothing yet ;)

Edited by insurgente

Guest akh1989

its back in stock ;)

tried to order but orange wont accept my international credit card :P and all ebay ones are so over-priced

all i need is to get it shipped to Aramex Shop n Ship in London ...

If you order from Orange, you may get a message like this:

Before we can complete your order, we need some information from you.

Please call us on 0500 80 20 80 so we can sort everything out. Don’t forget to tell us your order number when you get in touch.

Just been holding for ten minutes, for them to tell me that there's a problem on the website, and this message is in error. So don't bother ringing them straight away as it is probably nothing, but if your order hasn't been put through within 24 hours, give them a call.

Guest Maringer

Not sure if this is of any relevance to readers of this thread but my sister who is right near the end of her current Orange pay monthly contract phoned up today and arranged to get an SF as a free 'upgrade'.

Obviously to do this, she had to agree to an 18-month extension of her contract but she is on a pretty good deal - ÂŁ10 per month for 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of data. She's also got to pay up the remaining ÂŁ10 of her current contract but, overall, to get a new SF for less than ÂŁ11 per month over 18 months with reasonable enough minutes/texts/+data seems a pretty good deal to me!

Guest heavyduty00

just ordered my phone off the website grey version and i get an email :)

'Before we can process your order we need to double check some details with you. Please contact us so we can sort everything out.

You can email our web sales support team at [email protected] Please enter the word GEN into the subject line of your email followed by your order number which is shown below. A member of the team will then review your order and contact you to confirm or request any additional details.'

any ideas as to what could be wrong? doubt credit check?

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest akh1989
just ordered my phone off the website grey version and i get an email :)

'Before we can process your order we need to double check some details with you. Please contact us so we can sort everything out.

You can email our web sales support team at [email protected] Please enter the word GEN into the subject line of your email followed by your order number which is shown below. A member of the team will then review your order and contact you to confirm or request any additional details.'

any ideas as to what could be wrong? doubt credit check?

that generally means your payment failed or ur delivery address is not same as billing address ..

Guest Genieuk

Yeah, orange are crap with orders, my first order, about 1 pm get that email about contacting them, phoned up and was told a problem with the payment, was told it would be cancelled and i should order again. Ordered again with another card , same email again. I know there's no problem with my card. Anywaay phoned up again and was told all they needed was my cvs and it went through. He then checked my previous order and the other csr had'nt cancelled it. So he now cancelled my first order.

I'm not holding ny breath, altgough i do hope it turns up tomorrow. Hopefully just one, i dont want to have to return one if they send me 2.

Guest heavyduty00
that generally means your payment failed or ur delivery address is not same as billing address ..

Yeah, orange are crap with orders, my first order, about 1 pm get that email about contacting them, phoned up and was told a problem with the payment, was told it would be cancelled and i should order again. Ordered again with another card , same email again. I know there's no problem with my card. Anywaay phoned up again and was told all they needed was my cvs and it went through. He then checked my previous order and the other csr had'nt cancelled it. So he now cancelled my first order.

I'm not holding ny breath, altgough i do hope it turns up tomorrow. Hopefully just one, i dont want to have to return one if they send me 2.

ok thanks

my quidco tracked though so not sure what its about. will have to wait until 2moro then :)

really cant wait to get this super android phone and play with over xmas lol :)

Guest Paul Fraser

If you are an Orange customer already I'd recommend phoning: I tried to order online but got hung up with my address and a delivery problem. Price was going to be ÂŁ91 for the white phone with ÂŁ10 credit (after deducting ÂŁ3 of phone bank money). On the phone, she gave me a ÂŁ20 discount instead of the ÂŁ3 phonebank ('You don't use your phone much, do you?') and it came out at ÂŁ75 and change, including the ÂŁ10 credit.

Thanks to the poster (on p11??) who pointed out this way of obtaining the phone.

PS I hope it is good; I got the phone after reading all the hype about it on here! I only found the forum this morning as I have an Advent Vega on order...

Guest welshhippy

For the record guys, and thanks to this ace forum, I ordered a grey san fran from orange online yesterday and it arrived today. On the invoice it actually states tft :- "San Francisco TFT from Orange JT (Built)" whatever that means :)

It is B08 build.

I've never laid eyes on a oled screen so I can't compare but it is still an amazing screen.

Thanks to this place opened box, sim unlocked it and installed clockwork recovery in minutes. Thanks so much.

Bit daunted when it comes to roms now as they mostly seem based on OLED. If anyone can recommend a stable debranded TFT ROM which they use it would be great.

Just got off the phone with a sales guy at orange!

He offered the phone for ÂŁ64 with a 1 month rolling contract (cancel anytime), 200 mins ulimited text (ÂŁ10 p/m) so youd be 74 all in!

Guest hansdampf88
Just got off the phone with a sales guy at orange!

He offered the phone for ÂŁ64 with a 1 month rolling contract (cancel anytime), 200 mins ulimited text (ÂŁ10 p/m) so youd be 74 all in!

So still in stock? Online it is sold out they say on their website

Guest heavyduty00

order has just been dispatched :)

ordered online but there was some problems, phoned them up in the afternoon today and it got sorted out

any ideas when it will arrive? monday hopefully? :)

Guest Maringer

I ordered an SF for my girlfriend on Wednesday afternoon and was told it would be delivered today. No sign of it, unfortunately.

Oddly enough, my sister ordered an SF yesterday and was told it would be delivered today to our same office address (family business). Nope, no sign of that one either.

Can't say I'm surprised as all the delivery services seem to have fallen to pieces here on the east coast where the weather has been bad. A bit of pain in the neck, though, as I had been looking forward to fiddling around installing new ROMs on both of these phones this weekend!

Hopefully, DPD will manage to pull their fingers out of their arses and deliver on Monday.

Guest Genieuk
wow that is quick!!!

if only my order had gone through yesterday, i might have got it today lol!!

is it a tft screen btw?

Not sure, but I suspect it is as it says TFT on the invoice I received with it. Although I'll need to inspect it with a magnifying class just in case the info on the invoice is standard text. Now I just have to find a mag glass.