Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest landwatcher1
Not sure, but I suspect it is as it says TFT on the invoice I received with it. Although I'll need to inspect it with a magnifying class just in case the info on the invoice is standard text. Now I just have to find a mag glass.

I order a white one and it is TFT screen. But TFT screen looks smoother than the OLED and not that sharp. Better for the eyes if reading long time I think.

Guest Maringer
Is it possible to track your order on the DPD website?

I didn't actually remember to ask for a tracking number when I placed an order so didn't get one.

My sister tried her tracking number this morning and all the DPD website said was that it had been collected from Orange. Nothing else, so I'd imagine it will be sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.

Guest peejay2000

I had a similar problem to heavyduty, but no happy ending.

There was a problem with the credit card, but rather than telling me, or letting me fix it by giving a different card, Orange just cancelled the order. They said they'd ring to sort out a query, but they didn't. When I rang them, a day later, the order had been cancelled and there was nothing they could do. They could only start a new order, with the undiscounted price.

Pathetic.

So I took my toys home, threw the baby out with the bathwater and cut off my nose to spite my face and theirs. I won't be buying a SF from Orange any time soon. I'll wait till it's next on special offer, or there's another phone.

The Quidco money started tracking, so it will be amusing if that comes through!

Guest heavyduty00

There was a problem with the credit card, but rather than telling me, or letting me fix it by giving a different card, Orange just cancelled the order. They said they'd ring to sort out a query, but they didn't. When I rang them, a day later, the order had been cancelled and there was nothing they could do. They could only start a new order, with the undiscounted price.

Pathetic.

So I took my toys home, threw the baby out with the bathwater and cut off my nose to spite my face and theirs. I won't be buying a SF from Orange any time soon. I'll wait till it's next on special offer, or there's another phone.

oh, sorry to hear that :)

I used twitter the next day to find out since no one even replied to my email, and they said to ring them up. Was put on hold for like 10 mins but spoke to a nice guy who asked me to double check details and apparently i put in some wrong numbers online lol. so it all worked out ok.

Guest Len Ash
oh, sorry to hear that :)

I used twitter the next day to find out since no one even replied to my email, and they said to ring them up. Was put on hold for like 10 mins but spoke to a nice guy who asked me to double check details and apparently i put in some wrong numbers online lol. so it all worked out ok.

My 2nd SF ordered on Thursday, the discount + gift job, paid £4.99 to have it delivered today (Sat 11th) no show - no emails or anything. Can't get through to Orange to ask... what a shower of sh1t

Edited by Len Ash

Also had problems with my order. I selected delivery on Monday and received an email on Friday asking for my CVC number (even though I entered it online correctly). I was told on the phone that would be called back but wouldn't receive the delivery on Monday. The online ordering system is a complete mess!

Pathetic.

similar experience to this, only through telesales. was a problem with billing the card after the call was made and instead of contacting me on the phone number i provided, they cancelled/voided the order. they had also taken the card holder details down incorrectly despite the fact i spoke 100% clearly. i only found this out 2 days later when i rang up to try and get a tracking number. useless! after causing a fuss on the phone today (ended up speaking to management) they eventually reprocessed my order at the original price and it should now be coming monday, gift packs and all. i ordered 3 grey SFs @ £94 inc the top-up.

a friend of mine also had issues with ordering from the web site and after the order got messed up he had to ring up to sort it out. orange direct seems to be an awful service!

Edited by Hanks6

Guest Len Ash
similar experience to this, only through telesales. was a problem with billing the card after the call was made and instead of contacting me on the phone number i provided, they cancelled/voided the order. they had also taken the card holder details down incorrectly despite the fact i spoke 100% clearly. i only found this out 2 days later when i rang up to try and get a tracking number. useless! after causing a fuss on the phone today (ended up speaking to management) they eventually reprocessed my order at the original price and it should now be coming monday, gift packs and all. i ordered 3 grey SFs @ £94 inc the top-up.

a friend of mine also had issues with ordering from the web site and after the order got completely messed up he had to ring up to sort it out. orange direct seems to be an awful service!

So, I want another Blade, I THOUGHT I had ordered one, apart from the the order ref on the website, I didn't subsequently receive an email confirmation and it turns out my order was cancelled. AND they have actually taken the money (debit appeared on my account yesterday). Orange telesales reckon it will take up to 10 working days to refund me. They have no stock (and didn't have on Thursday apparently). Woeful.

Argh, I don't think my order has gone through either, despite them confirming that the order was fine on the phone on Thurs.

I haven't got an order confirmation email, my card hasnt been debited, and it wasn't delivered when it was meant to be on Friday.

Bollocks, i bet they'll try and make me pay full price now...

it seems orange have an out of date online ordering system. it cant take many cards and this is slowing down a lot of orders. perhaps if orange could take a look at this they could get the product out there more efficiently. they just end up losing business.

Edited by Hanks6

Guest awarner

Right quick tidy up time.

Please remember all sales must be via Ebay this also means requests for other people to to buy on your behalf.

This is for your own safety,

All request posts have been removed.

I've just been through the hell that is Orange Telesales to get a white OSF for the gf.

£20 discount is for payg customers and not for pay monthly! What a joke!

One CSR said the mandatory £10 (£20 if bought instore) will be credited to her current pay monthly account the next said it'll be on a separate PAYG SIM (with a new number to match). Brilliant.

Changing her pay monthly (contract finished) account to being PAYG involves sending out a new SIM (28 days delivery). You'd think they could just change her account type on their system.

Once it (if it) arrives it'll be unlocked, PAC code requested and giff gaff gets another customer.

/rant over

Guest Len Ash
I've just been through the hell that is Orange Telesales to get a white OSF for the gf.

£20 discount is for payg customers and not for pay monthly! What a joke!

One CSR said the mandatory £10 (£20 if bought instore) will be credited to her current pay monthly account the next said it'll be on a separate PAYG SIM (with a new number to match). Brilliant.

Changing her pay monthly (contract finished) account to being PAYG involves sending out a new SIM (28 days delivery). You'd think they could just change her account type on their system.

Once it (if it) arrives it'll be unlocked, PAC code requested and giff gaff gets another customer.

/rant over

Just received this email (bear in mind I ordered on Thurs for a Sat delivery...

Dear Mr

Thank you for visiting the Orange shop online.

We are pleased to say that you have been accepted onto the orange network and we are ready to take the payment for your handset.

In order to do this, we will need the 3 digit security code from the back of your credit/debit card.

We also need to know the address to which the card is registered.

You can provide this by calling one of our telesales agents on 0800 079 0440.

Once we have taken this payment we will be able to complete your order and send your handset out.

We strongly recommend that you do not provide this via e-mail for security purposes.

Guest Genieuk

I had to phone and gave them my 3 digit security code on Thursday. Got the phone on Friday. The PAYG SIM has still not been activated yet and when I looked at my account only £84.15 has been taken.

Don't care if they don't activate it, I've unlocked and more than happy to use another SIM.

Guest Len Ash
I had to phone and gave them my 3 digit security code on Thursday. Got the phone on Friday. The PAYG SIM has still not been activated yet and when I looked at my account only £84.15 has been taken.

Don't care if they don't activate it, I've unlocked and more than happy to use another SIM.

Following the garbage "system" problems outlined above with Orange, just ordered another instead from CPW, they had OLED versions up to now, so we'll see on Tuesday... not that ot matters a fat lot.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest heavyduty00

hmm....just asked twitter to confirm phone would be arriving today and they said that there are problems with my order...even though i got confirmation and authorisation code for payment on the 10th.....

:)

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest heavyduty00

omg i just phoned them up, was put on hold for 15 mins and they said the phone is actually out of stock?! even though i ordered on friday when there was stock. it will take up to 7 days she said. this is so poor customer service!! I never even got an email from them, I messaged orange on twitter to check my order was ok but they said there were problems.

omg i am never ordering from orange ever again!!

Guest Theme Ishere

I ordered it from CPW yesterday and got an email a few minutes ago.

"Thanks for ordering from The Carphone Warehouse.

The item you ordered is out of stock at the moment. Because of this

your order won't arrive on time, but we are expecting new stock to

arrive in the next few days. We're very sorry for any problems this

causes."

I don't mind it being out of stock, but I can't see the reason to have it in the "Available" status on their homepage. Not too bothered though, was an "Impulse Buy" anyway...stupid car costs me a lot of money for the garage, so I thought a new phone will cheer me up and the price will just look diminutively small compared to the repair bill... :)

Just checked my order with Orange... they told me that the order is fine and still "in progress" and they havent taken my payment yet. Apparently it takes 5 working days to deliver a pay as you go phone (despite me ordering it for delivery on Friday). Didnt mention anything about it being out of stock.

Gah. They seem to be profoundly irregular when it comes to giving people information.

Guest slarti99

Ordered on the 6/12 email says "problem, we will contact you" but nothing, rang today & told did not go through, order has been cancelled. CSR gave me some BS when I asked why it was on my statement then ?

Well done Orange supreme incompetence (but great phone !)

Guest Cowls93

Ordered my San Fran over the phone for £65 last weds (08/12), despatched thursday, for friday delivery. It's now the following monday, and still no sign of the phone..

Very Happy with the deal i got (15% off + £7 phone fund + Orange Loyalty Discount = £45 off) but delivery service is letting them down.. No snow excuses either DPD, 4 days late is a bit annoying, particularly as i wanted to spend last weekend customising it..

:)

Guest slarti99

Mine says: "Problem with Order - we will contact you shortly" or maybe we wont and you will have to ring us instead and we've got your money and don't care anyway. We have sold 2000 of these phones and only actually had 300 in the country ha ha ha ha......

I feel better now, honest.

I ordered online and got an email saying there was a problem with the order and that they would contact me.

So I ordered by phone instead and cancelled the online order.

With discounts and phone fund and stuff I got it for £70.00 but the touch screen failed within a day so I get a replacement this morning.