Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

I ordered online and got an email saying there was a problem with the order and that they would contact me.

So I ordered by phone instead and cancelled the online order.

With discounts and phone fund and stuff I got it for £70.00 but the touch screen failed within a day so I get a replacement this morning.

Yes!

My replacement phone is OLED! - B05 firmware; and looks pink when dim

(Also I wasn't told to return the SD card or the headphones - but got those, so I now have spares).

I'm still scared stiff the touch-screen will break again and am scared to flash to froyo in case that was the cause... installing the compass app was the last thing I did before the touchscreen failed (I read a review claiming that SF had a compass). Maybe access to a non-existant compass cross-wired some data buses and did somethign terrible (pause for shock effect)

Guest heavyduty00

woo!!! spoke to nice lady on the phone just now and she said my order will come at around 3 or 4 pm today

and i got a tracking no for DPD and it should be coming hopefully :) cant wait!

Guest mark2410

DPD are being a pain, the one i ordered had been sating its in the hub since the 8th, just how bad do they think the weather is? im begining to think they have just lost or stolen it.

Guest Maringer

I ordered an SF last Wednesday afternoon by Orange telesales was and told it was to be delivered on Friday. It finally arrived this afternoon.

Oddly enough, my sister ordered an SF on Thursday morning, was told it would be delivered on Friday, yet that turned up yesterday!

The DPD driver who makes deliveries at our offices 3 or 4 times a week says his delivery handset/computer think has been playing up though I'm not sure if that is a national situation or just a problem with his device!

I orderd mine on the phone last thrusday and the chap said he would try for next day delivery.

I thought he managed it cos DPD tracking said "out for delivery" on friday, but halfway through the day it changed to "at depot" which was weird.

I got it on Saturday.

This week DPD responded to my message on Friday of "does that mean I won't get it today".

Yesterday I got an email from Orange asking for my 3 digit CVC for the web order I tried to place but gave up on (and in fact actually cancelled on the phone).

I will say this for Orange: The systems make it hard to give good customer service, but they hire GOOD staff who do their very best to overcome the systems. The staff keep me loyal to orange - they are all top-notch - and I've probably spoken to 10 in the last week.

Both the White and Grey San Franciscos are now listed on the Argos website, at £99.99 with a £10 topup.

518/6644 - White

518/6620 - Grey

Checking the stock at my local stores it looks like the will be in at the weekend or early next week.

Guest rockshu
Both the White and Grey San Franciscos are now listed on the Argos website, at £99.99 with a £10 topup.

518/6644 - White

518/6620 - Grey

Checking the stock at my local stores it looks like the will be in at the weekend or early next week.

Brilliant advise as usual !! This forum rocks \m/

reserved it on the argos website this morning after reading this and got it during lunchtime. managed to get a grey one - will it be a tft or oled - have to wait and see.

it's sold out on orange, and their sales and customer service is next to useless, busy and RUDE.

tried to get it on play but they only have white but since end november they have been delaying the dispatch , latest dispatch date being 1st january, 2011.

so Argos is a good option guys.

Guest paper doll
Yes!

My replacement phone is OLED! - B05 firmware; and looks pink when dim

(Also I wasn't told to return the SD card or the headphones - but got those, so I now have spares).

I'm still scared stiff the touch-screen will break again and am scared to flash to froyo in case that was the cause... installing the compass app was the last thing I did before the touchscreen failed (I read a review claiming that SF had a compass). Maybe access to a non-existant compass cross-wired some data buses and did somethign terrible (pause for shock effect)

Is it a new phone or a refurb?

They are supposed to give you a new phone if it breaks in the first 28 days but I'm pretty sure my replacement is a refurb due to the battered box, scratches, loose back cover and the fact the battery only lasted 3 hours!

Wouldn't have been so bad if they had let me keep the original battery.

If the battery only lasts as long tomorrow I'm going to have to get another one and deal with the dreaded Orange customer serice yet again.

Guest whitelight
Is it a new phone or a refurb?

They are supposed to give you a new phone if it breaks in the first 28 days but I'm pretty sure my replacement is a refurb due to the battered box, scratches, loose back cover and the fact the battery only lasted 3 hours!

Wouldn't have been so bad if they had let me keep the original battery.

If the battery only lasts as long tomorrow I'm going to have to get another one and deal with the dreaded Orange customer serice yet again.

To be fair, new batteries seem to take a few days to 'break in' - when I got my SF the battery life was abysmal but it was fine after a few charges.

Brilliant advise as usual !! This forum rocks \m/

reserved it on the argos website this morning after reading this and got it during lunchtime. managed to get a grey one - will it be a tft or oled - have to wait and see.

it's sold out on orange, and their sales and customer service is next to useless, busy and RUDE.

tried to get it on play but they only have white but since end november they have been delaying the dispatch , latest dispatch date being 1st january, 2011.

so Argos is a good option guys.

Cool. Let us know whether it is TFT or OLED, that's worth knowing.

Edited by gwebb

out of the 3 grey SFs i received from orange, 1 seems to have an issue for the upper third of the screen. a large section of washed out/unusual pixels when on a solid, coloured background, like pink or blue. not noticable under most circumstances, but definitely a fault with the TFT.

after having to deal with the dreaded orange cust services again (something as simple as having arranging a swap for a faulty handset took over an hour and multiple calls to resolve) replacement is coming tommorow. if it is a OLED unit i will be over the moon, but i highly doubt it as they said the replacement will be boxed. someone else said they got a OLED unit as a replacement. we'll see.

but the other phones are fine and overall i couldn't be happier. amazing handset for the price and gorgeous screen, regardless of it now being TFT.

replacement unit is OLED :)

as someone had described - orange guy came with tatty box etc. i also made sure to swap the batteries in case the replacement came with a crappy one. result!

Edited by Hanks6

Hi,

New member here. No doubt most of you guys are from HotUKDeals and AV Forums :)

I purchased the phone after reading all the rave reviews and fantastic support from Paul, so I decided to buy the best value for money phone you can get atm.

Guest heavyduty00

just got my invoice statement by post today

said it cost me 85 quid ish total

70 ish for phone excl vat

dont think they charged me for the £10 top up lol

Guest swordtail
ADVERTISING SPAM £99.99 incl £10 topup on their site and ebay ...

Use code VCPG3 for £3 off on their site

I bought two from there arrived yesterday Both were OLED don't know if they have any stock left though.

Does any know if Argos ones are OLED or TFT ? (Planning on getting another for the wife).

Got a grey one in Argos in Richmond today (they had 3 in stock). B08 and OLED screen. Looks lovely. Very happy with the phone so far as an upgrade from the Pulse.

Guest dustofnations

Orange on-line shop is now only selling the grey San Franciso with contracts :-(. PAYG is listed as "out of stock". The white one is available, but afaik none of those are OLED screens (TFT variety only).

I'm unsure as to whether you could get a grey PAYG one by phoning them though, might be worth trying.

Guest androidfish

I feel bizarrely out of place. My San Fran has an OLED display, but I'm half wondering whether I should sell it and get an LCD one (sharper and potentially longer lifespan being more important to me than the brighter colours on the OLED). :)

Got a grey one in Argos in Richmond today (they had 3 in stock). B08 and OLED screen. Looks lovely. Very happy with the phone so far as an upgrade from the Pulse.

Isn't B08 TFT screens?