Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest insurgente

I was hoping to get one from Pre Pay Wizard, as they give a 12 month warranty...but they're out of stock and I got this e-mail back from them

Currently Orange are experiencing stock problems with the San Francisco. We've been given an estimated time frame of Q1 of 2011, however we're constantly trying to be able to obtain some before Christmas. What we would advise is sign up to our newsletter or keep checking back on the site to know when it's back in stock.

Enjoy your weekend!

Best wishes,

Prepay Wizard

:P

Guest peejay2000

I was wanting to have a look at one in the flesh to check out the camera (I know there's a thread with some samples, but wanted to see more internal shots because of the lack of flash). But first Orange shop said it was too small to stock demo phones. And second Orange shop said they only stocked demos of contract phones, not pay as you go - and this applied to all Orange stores.

So... if you want to see one in the flesh before buying, I guess you need to want until Orange start selling them on contract. According to the website, this is happening "Soon" for the white version.

Guest scoobydoo99

Word of warning for anyone ordering from Play.com.

Play are now very strict about their warranty period, as the are based in Jersey, they operate under Jersey consumer law.

If your goods go faulty, Play will refund/replace if it's within 28 days of your purchase. Outside the 28 days, you still have your 12 month guarantee, but Play refer you to the manufacturer instead and Play wash their hands of you.

If you don't believe me, it is on their website or do a quick google.

I've just been through this with a Belkin router, never again will I buy any tech from Play.com.

Guest t0mm13b
Do Orange accept Non-UK (Irish in this case) Credit Card numbers for online ordering

Hey shadowninty from the irish boards :P

You need to have a UK residence address for that but hey, you could always use borderlinx.com :D

:D

Guest shadowninty
Hey shadowninty from the irish boards :D

You need to have a UK residence address for that but hey, you could always use borderlinx.com :D

:lol:

Yeah das me :lol:

I know about Orange only delivering to UK :P

As for Borderlinx, the reviews they got were fairly terrible :D

I was looking at DealHunter.ie (€25 to Cork, but hell support the local economy ;)) :D

Besides twas the card I was worryin about :D

Edited by shadowninty

Guest t0mm13b
Yeah das me :D

I know about Orange only delivering to UK :P

As for Borderlinx, the reviews they got were fairly terrible :D

I was looking at DealHunter.ie (€25 to Cork, but hell support the local economy :lol:) :D

Besides twas the card I was worryin about :D

Yeah, was trying to use my BoI Laser/Maestro card which was declined... ;) As for Dealhunter.ie - nice find!!! :lol:

Guest Smirgelis

Hello everyone,

I'm not from UK, but i'm going to Edinburgh this week - where i can buy san francisco? As i read somewhere here that now SF orange activation costs 20 pounds which is a little steep considering i will not use the service. Is there any way to get it for 100p, or at least 110? I have a valid ISIC student ID - can this card be used for a discount? Thanks for advice. P.S. If ordering online, how fast the shipping is?

Guest gambieter
Hello everyone,

I'm not from UK, but i'm going to Edinburgh this week - where i can buy san francisco?

There is a store locator on the Orange website.

As i read somewhere here that now SF orange activation costs 20 pounds which is a little steep considering i will not use the service. Is there any way to get it for 100p, or at least 110? I have a valid ISIC student ID - can this card be used for a discount? Thanks for advice. P.S. If ordering online, how fast the shipping is?

You should see it as a part of the price you are paying for the phone. Maybe you can sell the SIM + the £20 to someone else, but why bother? It is just a phone for £119. Still a bargain.

Online: try it. Many of your questions are easily answered with a bit of effort :P

Guest orangephone
Hello UK citizens :P

Putting myself in line if anyone trustworthy is able or willing to get a ZTE Blade (san fran) and deliver it to me here in Sweden. Found a few people that was able to do it a while ago, now their account is unable to recieve PMs or they doesn't respond.

So, if anyone is willing to do me a huge favour, please send me a PM! :D That would be highly appreciated!

Regards, Oskar

Hi,

I know I mentioned to people before I would try to sort something out with them but for one of the phones I had it had to get a replacement handset which took some time.

I have put one up on eBay. I have no idea how much it would cost to send to Sweden though. Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh and how much does the box weigh again?

Guest orangephone
Hello, is there somebody kind enough from Birmingham who would buy the £99 SF for me from play.com, to be personally collected on 11-12th December (coming over for some Xmas shopping)? They only deliver to UK billing addresses and I understand the Orange in-store price has now gone up to £99+20? Would of course give you sth extra for the trouble and leave the SIM with you. Anyone willing to help pls PM me and let's agree outside the forum, much appreciated. PS: Hope like this my post is not against the direct trade rules, apologies and please delete if it is.

I know someone in Birmingham who is selling one due to being eligible for upgrade (and can choose to get it on upgrade too).

Guest suriya83
Hello, is there somebody kind enough from Birmingham who would buy the £99 SF for me from play.com, to be personally collected on 11-12th December (coming over for some Xmas shopping)? They only deliver to UK billing addresses and I understand the Orange in-store price has now gone up to £99+20? Would of course give you sth extra for the trouble and leave the SIM with you. Anyone willing to help pls PM me and let's agree outside the forum, much appreciated. PS: Hope like this my post is not against the direct trade rules, apologies and please delete if it is.

on their site they say they deliver also to other countries. I was thinking about ordering one but after seeing this Play.com Reviews i'm not sure anymore.

btw it seems that play.com ships from jersey, so there may be the risk of high custom dutys?

Edited by suriya83

Guest insurgente

I've held off from buying from play.com due to the issues raised above. I want to buy off Pre Pay Wizard but they're now out of stock :/

Picked up an Orange PAYG sim the other day for 50p and tried to use that to get the Orange discount but having no luck no far.... I'm guessing now is too late and they're all going to demand 3 months activation. Don't think I quite have the balls to keep ringing up 10 or 12 times :/

Edited by insurgente

Hi,

I know I mentioned to people before I would try to sort something out with them but for one of the phones I had it had to get a replacement handset which took some time.

I have put one up on eBay. I have no idea how much it would cost to send to Sweden though. Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh and how much does the box weigh again?

Ok, I can imagine that being kind of irritating :/ altough, if you're up for it, that would be highly appreciated!

And you will get some money yourself for the trouble, ofcourse :D

Don't really know about the cost, but I feel that I've been reading that it cost somewhere around 10-20£. I at least remembered that I tought it was very cheap :P

Please send me a PM for further discussions! :D

Guest orangephone
Ok, I can imagine that being kind of irritating :/ altough, if you're up for it, that would be highly appreciated!

And you will get some money yourself for the trouble, ofcourse :D

Don't really know about the cost, but I feel that I've been reading that it cost somewhere around 10-20£. I at least remembered that I tought it was very cheap :P

Please send me a PM for further discussions! :D

PM me for the eBay link. Actually I just saw that you have asked me to PM you so I will do that.

Just got my phone to Lithuania using Borderlinx. Very fast service I must say. I bought phone from ebay, Borderlinx received it yesterday and today I already got it from DHL.