Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Maringer
I missed the e2save deal, and in fact they seem to have taken the phone off the site entirely.

Ordered from Carphone Warehouse instead, but they emailed me to say that they're out of stock too. Ah bollocks. Bet the next stock will be all TFT - seems like everywhere has run out of shiny OLED units...

Hmmm. That's an odd one.

I ordered from Carphone Warehouse on-line last night and they have confirmed receipt of the order and processed the charge against my credit card. No other contact from them yet so I wonder if they have sold out yet still charged my card? I'll give them another day or so before contacting them to see what is going on.

Hmmm. That's an odd one.

I ordered from Carphone Warehouse on-line last night and they have confirmed receipt of the order and processed the charge against my credit card. No other contact from them yet so I wonder if they have sold out yet still charged my card? I'll give them another day or so before contacting them to see what is going on.

Strange. I ordered on the 5th, recieved confirmation, then got an email on the 6th:

Thanks for ordering from The Carphone Warehouse.

The item you ordered is out of stock at the moment. Because of this

your order won't arrive on time, but we are expecting new stock to

arrive in the next few days. We're very sorry for any problems this

causes.

Don't really want to order direct from Orange because they only seem to be able to deliver to the cardholder address, and I need it delivered to work. I had my first one ordered from Orange however and it came pretty quickly.

Guest SteveK88

Hi All!

Have you heared that there is a version of blade with 256 MB RAM? Is that true? Because in my home country (Hungary) all I can see is that it has 256 MB built in ram. Thanks! Steve

Guest shadowninty
Hi All!

Have you heared that there is a version of blade with 256 MB RAM? Is that true? Because in my home country (Hungary) all I can see is that it has 256 MB built in ram. Thanks! Steve

Yeah thats unfortunate, but yes its true ;)

Guest SteveK88
Yeah thats unfortunate, but yes its true :P

Thank's for the quick reply. By the way is it fast enough with 256 MB of RAM? Because the comtiva z71 has 256mb ram too, and it performs quite well and I want to buy a Blade today and I don't want to buy a phone which performs bad. Regards.

PS: Sorry for my bad english im out of practice ;)

Edited by SteveK88

Yeah thats unfortunate, but yes its true ;)

Whooah, I missed that one!

Are the new TFT units all 256MB or are they 512MB? If so, I somehow need to get out to the Orange shop fast...

Guest SteveK88
Whooah, I missed that one!

Are the new TFT units all 256MB or are they 512MB? If so, I somehow need to get out to the Orange shop fast...

I don't think every TFT version has 256 MB RAM, but I have to admit that there are units that are "only" have that much.

Guest shadowninty
Thank's for the quick reply. By the way is it fast enough with 256 MB of RAM? Because the comtiva z71 has 256mb ram too, and it performs quite well and I want to buy a Blade today and I don't want to buy a phone which performs bad. Regards.

PS: Sorry for my bad english im out of practice ;)

Android is nicer with more RAM

Hungarian version is rip-off

Only Indian, Greek & Hungarian verions have 256mb RAM

to me the TFT is just awful when compared compared to LED ;)

the sharper text is no compensation for the clarity and vibrancy offered by deep contrast. if i can find what i think is one tommorow in a store i will post some pics up here. potentially need to buy 3! fat chance of finding that many methinks :P

15% off sale 8/9 December plus free delivery and a free Christmas gift box. Bargain!

P

Plus Quidco cash back has been increased to £18 for Orange PAYG between £60 and £150

Unfortunately I ordered mine on Monday.

Edited by noh

Guest Maringer
Strange. I ordered on the 5th, recieved confirmation, then got an email on the 6th:

Thanks for ordering from The Carphone Warehouse.

The item you ordered is out of stock at the moment. Because of this

your order won't arrive on time, but we are expecting new stock to

arrive in the next few days. We're very sorry for any problems this

causes.

Don't really want to order direct from Orange because they only seem to be able to deliver to the cardholder address, and I need it delivered to work. I had my first one ordered from Orange however and it came pretty quickly.

I've just phoned Carphone Warehouse and they tell me that, although the card has been charged, the transaction has not been fully processed as they are out of stock - new stock in 7-10 days.

Needless to say, I've cancelled the order and I'm now waiting for them to process a refund. Looks like any hopes of an OLED screen have now been dashed and I'll contact Orange to order one at the cheaper price. Hmmm. May give my local Orange store a call to see if they are offering the same deal in shop.

Guest manit40

orange has just got a new stock of Sanfranciscos in yesterday so i ordered one for £79 should arrive tomozz i hope its been dispached and a gift box as well free when ya buy any orange mob over £30 i wounder whats in the gift box anyone know.. the orange shops are a waist of time around manchester none had the Sanfrancisco better online or phone 0800 079 2000 hope this helps ppl..... ;)

Edited by manit40

Guest Simon O

These are LCD screened and not OLED now. ZTE are unable to get enough OLED screens from Samsung to cope with demand so they switched over to the LCD. All white phones and new stock of grey are TFT with the same resolution, slightly better pixel density and improved touch controller. Still worth buying.

btw i found out the orange online store draws on a different stockpile to telesales!!!....so phone 08000792000 to order it now!

still in-stock, i just ordered 3. you obviously cannot use quidco over the phone, but it's still £94 inc the £10 top-up.

Edited by Hanks6

Guest interes

Orange gift box: includes a white or black LTD Mens watch , black 'sock' style case, pack of Orange branded playing cards, Orange Rubix puzzle cube and Orange Yo-Yo!

Edited by interes

Orange gift box: includes a white or black LTD Mens watch , black 'sock' style case, pack of Orange branded playing cards, Orange Rubix puzzle cube and Orange Yo-Yo!

they said on the phone they had run out of watches :P

but whatever...gifts are secondary ;)

Guest gambieter
The watches feel cheap and nasty, the phone sock is the only thing worth keeping. ;)

P

Not even that. I made the 14y old daughter from a friend very happy with the sock, as she got a SF and the sock for the Dutch Sinterklaas celebration (our version of secret Santa) :P

I am using a fake leather pouch costing £2 but working like a treat!