Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest gillebob
Hi all,

Well all i can say is I'm quite amazed at just how fast this is progressing and of course great credit for all that's been achieved so far to Steve and who ever else is working on this with him but i for one am more then happy to wait until such time as and there is an easy to flash and stable Rom ready. I really don't see the point in asking for things at this time as believe we should let those working on it do what they need to in peace I'm sure as soon as it is ready we will be told and given access to it. Of course the sooner the better but no one is going to suffer if it takes a few days or even weeks as its bound to be quicker and better then from Dell or 02 IMO so well worth what ever the wait is. Really all i can say is great advancements seem to have been made already and I'm looking forward to when its finished when ever that may be.

Marc

Very well said, i'm another noob/lurker waiting patiently and an ex xda winmo flasher :lol:

Guest Stephen Hyde

Ok my test system.img for 2.2 is up

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/builds/system.img

You need boot img from http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/2.2/boot.img

May be wise to wipe /data yourself too before flash

Working

Data/3g

dalvik with jit (linpack score in the 30s at moment

Google apps

sd card mount

Sound is still dodgy and likely not working

Nor working

pretty much everything else :lol:

Testers only please

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest mellytime
steve can u put a list of people who donated to the cause?

Cowballz - no offense but why do YOU need to see who's going to donate to this cause? You seem pretty bitter about something and your questions are ALWAYS off topic. Steve will be taken care of by us all so could you kindly just chill out :lol: ..

hi steve you make a greet job for me im not using me streak at the moment can i try vanilla in french ? if i can in french i will try and tell if i have any problem with it

(sorry for my bad english )

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

The only thing that I would like to know from some one if possible is if this will be for all Streaks or just the 21 Baseband models? and I admit haven't donated to this project yet but will as soon as i know i can use it as I always believe in rewarding Dev's for their hard work as IMO that's just the right thing to do and as you can see i could of gone just ad free here on this Forum but went Plus membership as a sign of my gratitude for all it delivers.

Marc

Guest jnovello
Ok my test system.img for 2.2 is up

Downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/builds/system.img

You need boot img from downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/2.2/boot.img

May be wise to wipe /data yourself too before flash

Working

Data/3g

dalvik with jit (linpack score in the 30s at moment

Google apps

sd card mount

Sound is still dodgy and likely not working

Nor working

pretty much everything else :lol:

Testers only please

Where are the links??

Guest cowballz

Hi all,

The only thing that I would like to know from some one if possible is if this will be for all Streaks or just the 21 Baseband models? and I admit haven't donated to this project yet but will as soon as i know i can use it as I always believe in rewarding Dev's for their hard work as IMO that's just the right thing to do and as you can see i could of gone just ad free here on this Forum but went Plus membership as a sign of my gratitude for all it delivers.

Marc

I havent donated either , waiting to get paid lol :lol: ,once the streak is avalale at bestbuy and att , there going to be a huge title wave of people on here, unfourtunantly not many people know what a dell streak is just yet

Edited by cowballz

I also dont drink lol. And cyanogen just confirmed who the developer of cyanogenmod for streak is.....me

Can you please keep the stock Notification bar cuz i personally really perfer it over the stock status bar (but make the drop down menus that u tap to open hav to pull down to open so its a little like stock Froyo)

Can you please keep the stock Notification bar cuz i personally really perfer it over the stock status bar (but make the drop down menus that u tap to open hav to pull down to open so its a little like stock Froyo)

srry didnt read the whole thread

Guest untrueparadox
Don't mean to stray off topic....what is considered a fair donation? I want to help advance the cause

it really depends who you are. im a student so i don't have too much money; i displayed my appreciation with $5. there are people who are in the position to give $50+ and i'm sure he will continue working on it whether he gets a ton of donation or not. thats what i love about the android community. people do it for the fun, not the money.

Guest spences10
any screen shots Scott ?

Sorry, no screen shots - have gone back to the MoDaCo r2 now as i couldnt get my APNs working last night. I have made a nandroid if you want to flash the boot and system images via fastboot :lol:

I also have to apologise for not thanking StephenD last night for guiding me through loading DJ_Steve's system via adb

Thanks StephenD \o/

Guest Stephen Hyde

the links in post have been fixed :lol:

donations any amount is appreciated i persoanlly dont mind how much but i do like getting credit for my work (as im sure everyone agrees with)

so basicly just donate when/if you can and an amount you feel happy with

hopefullyy i get wifi working tonight also as dells now fixed kernel allows the wifi driver to get a mac address so getting android to see it is the only issue now

i also tried flash 10.1 last night (one of the beta builds) and it works a charm albeit painfully slow over 2g B)

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest parks387
Sorry, no screen shots - have gone back to the MoDaCo r2 now as i couldnt get my APNs working last night. I have made a nandroid if you want to flash the boot and system images via fastboot :lol:

I also have to apologise for not thanking StephenD last night for guiding me through loading DJ_Steve's system via adb

Thanks StephenD \o/

Can you post or PM the files to flash via fastboot. Want to flash one of my streaks to test

Guest 323spoon

I just want to check this before i do anything and brick my phone. If i do a nandroid before i flash the new boot.img and system.img will i be able to do a nandroid restore and get back to what i was on before. Basically does nandroid back up and restore the boot.img?

I'm competent.... to a certain level :lol: