Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

how about just merging their stuff straight into existing eclair kernel tree, so original caf files are there and the del stuff as well. that's whatI was planning later

Edited by fards

Guest jayski73
yep bcm is in kernel thats not the issue, its the fact that due to dells removing code it cant retrieve its mac address. and yep proc_comm is in source but the include was hard linked which is what i was showing not the fact files missing

Hi Paul

Dell are really taking the piss now offering a half arsed kernel source, makes you think what corporate termites are running there mobile/handset division, you know what maybe they are doing it on purpose as they don't want to look like idiots because smart guy's like your self will produce a full working 2.2 froyo rom before there half arsed team produce another half arsed rom like 2.1 eclair.

anyway great work your doing Paul

Guest flamingsamurai
Hi Paul

Dell are really taking the piss now offering a half arsed kernel source, makes you think what corporate termites are running there mobile/handset division, you know what maybe they are doing it on purpose as they don't want to look like idiots because smart guy's like your self will produce a full working 2.2 froyo rom before there half arsed team produce another half arsed rom like 2.1 eclair.

Paul? Whos paul here?

Paul? Whos paul here?

lol obviously didnt read the whole thread.. and neither did the guy saying enjoy the 20 beers.. as he doesnt drink... (which i understand because i dont either)

wishing you the best of luck hyde. once ur rom is done my streak will come out of retirement lol..

Edited by SEI87

now i'm subscribe to this thread to see the progress.. good luck and thanks a lot for ur hard work Stephen :lol:

in the meantime, should i temporarily update my Unlocked US Streak 1.6 (6601) to mcr r2 rom? seriously i miss few eclair's apps a lot!

Guest ThatSnazzyiPhoneGuy

Good luck! I'm sick and tired of everyone making fun of me on Twitter because I'm a Streak user. It isn't the N-Gage of 2010 I say! Free Streak! On a serious note, I really appreciate all of the work you are doing, and I can't wait for the release. Sorry Dell is a bunch of dirty buggers only releasing a half baked source code.

Good luck! I'm sick and tired of everyone making fun of me on Twitter because I'm a Streak user. It isn't the N-Gage of 2010 I say! Free Streak! On a serious note, I really appreciate all of the work you are doing, and I can't wait for the release. Sorry Dell is a bunch of dirty buggers only releasing a half baked source code.

regarding to this matter, i wonder what's gonna happen if it is a HTC Streak or Motorola Streak instead of Dell Streak!

Guest jayski73
Hi Paul

Dell are really taking â„¢the piss now offering a half arsed kernel source, makes you think what corporate termites are running there mobile/handset division, you know what maybe they are doing it on purpose as they don't want to look like idiots because smart guy's like your self will produce a full working 2.2 froyo rom before there half arsed team produce another half arsed rom like 2.1 eclair.

sorry steve

Guys my reply was ment for steven hyde! Sorry mate also have been following this topic here and over at xda and cynogen and on twiiter.

Guest vinokirk
lol obviously didnt read the whole thread.. and neither did the guy saying enjoy the 20 beers.. as he doesnt drink... (which i understand because i dont either)

I have read the thread but didnt see anything about not drinking beer :$

Must be my old age (26) :lol:

Well have 20 of something that costs 25p!

For what it's worth I don't drink either B)

Guest Stephen Hyde
I also dont drink lol. And cyanogen just confirmed who the developer of cyanogenmod for streak is.....me

Lol ill just quote meself :lol: seriously though its all cool. Donate links are in my sig for anyone who wants em

Guest spences10
So Stephen, is this dead in the water until we get the rest of the kernal from Dell or are there possibilities of workarounds?

@Stephen Hyde: Brad did'nt seem to think we [we meaning the devs] needed the compete source, and actually seemed a bit pi$$ed that i managed to get the attention of @ChribatDell is it possible to workaround all the edits which are needed?

Anyway received a DM from him today 13:15 saying "Looks like this should be corrected shortly. More information later today we hope. =)"

So the complete/working source shold posted 'soon'

It's a bit pathetic that they had to DM you to say that...

No apologies, no acceptance of any kind of failures.

It's more disappointing now than anything...

--

Shauneh

Guest Stephen Hyde

checking as i type though i doubt ti since the date/time hasnt changed

nope exactly the same source no changes at all. message sent to dellcares

Edited by Stephen Hyde