Post your Home screen!

Guest Spooke

Pretty sure I uploaded a PSD for the walls in a previous post( not sure, losing track now!) do you want me to upload another? Is it the PSD you're wanting?

Changed my home screen,lock screen and some of the walls.

o0Jlm.jpg

Pretty darn minimal now!

I like my new widget locker mod, too. looks snazzy. HA.

i found png's but not psd's

psd's with only layer for the Screen Labels would do fine if they are heavy :P

also, i tried to setup application screen with that wooden shelf you have done.

not able to align icons to appropriate places at all.

i have tried with muticon, bettercut and desktop visualizer but no help.

Right, I'll upload the PSD tonight then.

I had to size the application shelf to the exact size for the icon set i used. I'll add the shelf image to the PSD too, then setup the screen on your phone how you want it (putting the icons on the screen). Take a screenshot, drop the screenshot over the application shelf PSD, set some transparency and transform the shelves into line with your icons! easy peasy.... Or you could do it the really simple way. Make your icons part of the wallpaper in photoshop. then put a blank.png over them.

Right, I'll upload the PSD tonight then.

I had to size the application shelf to the exact size for the icon set i used. I'll add the shelf image to the PSD too, then setup the screen on your phone how you want it (putting the icons on the screen). Take a screenshot, drop the screenshot over the application shelf PSD, set some transparency and transform the shelves into line with your icons! easy peasy.... Or you could do it the really simple way. Make your icons part of the wallpaper in photoshop. then put a blank.png over them.

really good ideas in general there. i had given up and settled for the following

desk2c.jpg

Guest suriya83
My latest theme, more of the icon as wallpaper.

zFoPr.png

I'll just go into a little detail about the widgets used and stuff.

lockscreen: Widget locker, poweramp, sms unreadcount

Home page: modded analog clock, desktop visualizer for the icons, fancy widget and weather with miui skins, minimalistic text, widgetoid and switcherpro.

what is switcherpro and were can i find it?

Guest mankulito
I ADORE that menu/app screen, how can i have it?!!?!

how do i get icons/widgets like that? (facebook, messaging etc..)??!!?

i use photoshop and transparent icons on top of that

homescreen PSD!

Enjoy, let me know how you get on with your app drawer!

Guest samuelharris
My latest theme, more of the icon as wallpaper.

zFoPr.png

I'll just go into a little detail about the widgets used and stuff.

lockscreen: Widget locker, poweramp, sms unreadcount

Home page: modded analog clock, desktop visualizer for the icons, fancy widget and weather with miui skins, minimalistic text, widgetoid and switcherpro.

atoma RSS reader

The background is just a black image, so all the tags are done with desktop visualizer. Still need to finish media and social pages (need to download a facebook app to use with ADW EX)

Might upload theme when i get chance, have to make some other icons first, though!

Sorry if I am just missing something stupid; but how are you displaying the background image are you still using multipicture live, or desktop visualiser; as surely you would have to overlay the minimalistic text widgets and other desktop visualiser widgets on top of the original desktop visualiser widget and I can't work out how to do that.

Thanks

As a side note I'm using ADW Ex as my current launcher.

Edited by samuelharris

Sorry if I am just missing something stupid; but how are you displaying the background image are you still using multipicture live, or desktop visualiser; as surely you would have to overlay the minimalistic text widgets and other desktop visualiser widgets on top of the original desktop visualiser widget and I can't work out how to do that.

Thanks

As a side note I'm using ADW Ex as my current launcher.

Hey, the image you quoted there I used dekstop visualizer over a black background, but I found that multipicture livewallpaper runs (slightly) smoother than having those massive desktop visualizer icons. So yeah, I use multilive picture wallpaper and put minimalistic text over, usually.

Here is a batch of wallpapers I made for my recent theme. walls I made it so the page tags line up with helvetiker free font I use in minimalistic text.

Guest wolverine73

Gone for a green theme - mostly made with 'minamilistic text' and 'desktop visualiser' - the - internet, media, system and games icons are custom made png's and open relevant shortcuts in apps organiser. Power Amp is the music widget. ive managed to get it down to 2 screen which im chuffed about. :P

post-799639-1297526043_thumb.png post-799639-1297526063_thumb.png

Guest dasforsyth
Impressed with the stock Gingerbread UI on my Nexus S, I've gone for the Gingerbread look thanks to kallt_kaffe's excellent Japanese Jellyfish ROM & Frankish's superb themes.

Also using:

Gingerbread Launcher

NexusKang free live wallpaper with stock Gingerbread background.

Beautiful Widgets.

I'm also using the stock Nexus S ringtones with my SanFran too.

Nothing special but it's what I like! I absolutely love this phone tho. :D

Hey Chaz...I was under the impression from your screen shots that I could use multiple wallpapers (a different one for each homescreen). Found that I can't :D.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this with my nexus s, have you (or anyone else) found a solution for multiple wallpapers on Nexus S handsets? I've tried Multipicture Live Wallpaper and Multiple Wallpaper but neither work (both just take one of the images and display it on ALL the homescreens.

Any help would be appreciated.....

dave

Guest That-Guy
Hey Chaz...I was under the impression from your screen shots that I could use multiple wallpapers (a different one for each homescreen). Found that I can't :D.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this with my nexus s, have you (or anyone else) found a solution for multiple wallpapers on Nexus S handsets? I've tried Multipicture Live Wallpaper and Multiple Wallpaper but neither work (both just take one of the images and display it on ALL the homescreens.

Any help would be appreciated.....

dave

Maybe this will help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8650899

Guest samuelharris

post-807399-1297708094_thumb.jpg

Taken inspiration from taine0's design, mostly minimalistic text and I have used widgitsoid, Frankish's GenerationX Theme and 0x90 mod for the notice bar.

Edited by samuelharris

Guest achromic

Wow! Compared to some of the screens I've seen here, mines, well, bland :D

The thing is, all the apps are within easy reach, and they're the ones I use the most :D

The wallpaper changes every 5 mins or so (I can't remember the time, and its nice to wake up to a different wallpaper every morning @ 5am), and, it all sits on top of Launcher Pro

ztebladehomescreen.jpg

Latest theme

E2RBa.jpg

Changed all the tags and wallpapers.

ADW with multipicture live wallpaper and minimlastic text for the clock on each page.

Lockscreen:widget locker with custom slider mod, SMSunreadicons and phantom music widget

Widgets left to right

Customized HDicons with reflection> custom SMS unreadcount icons, widgetsoid, minimalistic text>Transparent music playerpro mod, more custom HDicons>one seven, transparent facebook>AtomaRSS

Walls can be found here

Guest Xenon0816
Latest theme

E2RBa.jpg

ADW with multipicture live wallpaper and minimlastic text for the clock on each page.

Lockscreen:widget locker with custom slider mod, SMSunreadicons and phantom music widget

Widgets left to right

Customized HDicons with reflection> custom SMS unreadcount icons, widgetsoid, minimalistic text>Transparent music playerpro mod, more custom HDicons>one seven, transparent facebook>AtomaRSS

Walls can be found here

Nice! I like your themes very much! Thanks as well for sharing a guide on how to make such themes!

Guest Andoidian
Latest theme

Widgets left to right

Walls can be found here

Can I ask what this does to your device's performance? (since it's having to show a new image each screen etc, tons of icons and different widgets).

Edited by Andoidian

Can I ask what this does to your device's performance? (since it's having to show a new image each screen etc, tons of icons and different widgets).

I don't have any problems with the speed of my blade, it's not as fast as if you just had a plain background and no icons, but it really doesn't make it too slow to use. At the moment I have 7 screens because I use 2 for experimental themeing and it can get a little slow scrolling to the end, but with 5 it's all good. If you tried it and the performance wasn't what you like, you could save the background images as JPEGS or something, reducing the file and memory usage, probably improve the speed slightly.

edit: also apart from the applications page, theres very few widgets used. Not including minimalistic text cause that uses very little memory, theres only 5 for all the screens.

Edited by taine0

Guest BritishBob
Been working on a wallpaper, thought this might be the place to share it!

Nice. Personally I would have had the Android dude going the other way. But that's me being picky. :D