Orange San Francisco review

Guest PaulOBrien

@ Paul: How's the screen plastic(glasst?) quality? Is it safe to use it without a protector? I' planning to buy a pouch, but not sure about the protector..

Hard plastic I would assume... couldn't really comment on the robustness, altho I NEVER used screen protectors. :lol:

P

Guest Blasphemous

I'm a noob here. But looking around it's a brilliant site. I'll be back quite often!

Thank you Paul for all the info so far. On the strength of your posts on this phone I purchased one today. I've literally just purchased the unlock code and unlocked it too. I've got an O2 Sim. The phone works fine but there's no Data? (I have Unlimited on my plan). I haven't tried texting, MMS and/or email yet. Is there something else I need to do to get my Data (internet), working?

Thank you once again Paul and thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Blas.

Guest Blasphemous
You need to set up your internet settings in the settings app... if you need help please start a seperate thread. :lol:

P

Cheers Paul. Will have a look.

Your a star.

Guest batch_2001

Thanks fr the review, that's the Mrs birthday present sorted out - at this price if she doesn't like it its not a HTC Desire sized dent in the pocket - and I get to change my pulse :lol:

Guest eyespy (aka Steve)

Top review Paul. I've had the phone a few days and what impresses me the most is the speed of internet browsing - I find it lightning fast both over WiFi and 3G+ - add in the superb screen and the internet experience on this device is very nice :lol:

Bit of a downer about the FM radio only playing over headphones - could this be fixed with a software mod?

Guest Borderland

Great review. I would like to have seen the GPSr in action.

As soon as I read that they can be unlocked and rooted it was a no-brainer. I'm off to get one asap.

Many thanks.

Guest simonduz

Hello all. I live in the US and my famliy and I are on the AT&T network. I was wondering if they deliver orders for this phone to the US and when unlocked will it work with AT&T data plans? I was hoping to get my kids each one as an early Christmas present.

Guest mark2410
Hello all. I live in the US and my famliy and I are on the AT&T network. I was wondering if they deliver orders for this phone to the US and when unlocked will it work with AT&T data plans? I was hoping to get my kids each one as an early Christmas present.

well orange wont but there is ebay or if you know anyone in the UK who could buy and send to you

Guest Chaz_UK

That review was a pleasure to read and had I not already gotten one, it would have pushed me over the edge to get one! There is nothing I disagree with what you say Paul.

Well done! :lol:

Guest tigermain

Great article, I bought one last night sadly so missed the discounts mentioned here (oh well its a business expense)

I've bought my for a testing device, does anyone know why ZTE usb driver will work with it under Windows 7?

I plugged it into my PC and it failed to find the driver, I need it for USB debugging.

Very impressed with the device considering the price tag!

Guest Sere83

Yeah nice review, many thanks. Went in to my local orange shop today and had a go with a working diaplay model, great device, still can't believe the price. I have to say my Hero looked like a sad state next to that AMOLED display. Think I may have to get one...

Multi touch support too! which incidently was smoother than my hero, in fact everthing about this device was smoother than my hero.

Just wondered could anyone do some video tests?

I ran a 420x320 3GP file which worked well, thought for a second it had native xvid support, forgot i'd converted the videos.

Edited by Sere83

Guest hillmie87

bought the phone after reading this review. I approve of the review, but my problem with the phone so far is that it's a bit laggy (compared to my iphone 3gs and htc desire). But it isn't a big of an issue though.

Guest flash2004
bought the phone after reading this review. I approve of the review, but my problem with the phone so far is that it's a bit laggy (compared to my iphone 3gs and htc desire). But it isn't a big of an issue though.

Clearly you havent used the Tmobile pulse :lol: (which is of a comparable level £100 phone)

Guest norman123

Can ayone who has the htc widfire and the SF or has used both tell me which one is better? thankyou:)

Edited by norman123

Guest norman123

hello, i just read the review of the san francisco, and it looks like a decent phone, however im buying a phone soon and im stuck between the SF and the htc wildfire:/ can anyone who has used or has both phones tell me which one is better and, why? thankyou very much:)

Guest rahvamees

Thank you Paul for excellent write-up. After reading review I couldn't resist and had to order one. Went via Topcashback for potential £12 plus found a voucher code "5offPAYGOct" expires 08 Oct that gives you another fiver off. So hopefully will receive my new phone on Tuesday and will hunt for unlock code.

Rgds.

Alex