[AlphaRev] Public release S-OFF HTC Desire GSM

Guest IEFtm

Hi everyone.

Here it finally is, the public release for HBOOT reflash for HTC Desire.

Read more on the following page:

alpharev-logo.png

AlphaRev Website.

donate.gif to our device fund :lol:

Enjoy!

In case you need it after the process completes successfully:

Flash your recovery using 'fastboot'. Do not ask here how to use FASTBOOT, there's a million tutorials for it if you just search a bit.

You can get Clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 recovery image for bravo here.

Flash it in fastboot mode, with 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.7-bravo.img'.

See? That's how easy fastboot mode is.

---

Three different partition layouts available, one for AOSP roms (N1Table), one for custom Sense ROMs (Data++), one for Deodexed Sense ROMs (Sense).

In case anyone's wondering: The 1.5 AlphaRev HBOOT version can be identified by the line on top in FASTBOOT/HBOOT mode:

This says --- AlphaRev --- for the latest version.

For the N1Table version, it says: AlphaRev N1Table.

For the Data++ version, it says: AlphaRev Data++.

For the Sense version, it says: -AlphaRev Sense-.

(The old version said: *** AlphaRev ***)

Edited by IEFtm

i use virtualbox for your release...

at step three it ist mentioned to wait at the htc splash screen. but it hangs around about 10 minutes.

i think this isn´t normally ? :/

the linux box says to me "husb 1-0:1.0 : unable to enumerate USB device on port 1.

Guest JetSerge
Sorry for my newbieness.....but what does it actually do? ...why should one use it?

It unlocks NAND so that you can write into /system partition. You can also flash radio, custom kernel, custom recovery, any unsigned ROM directly via fastboot without ClockWorks Rom Manager.

When you can write to /system, MetaMorph, AdFree and other apps that require access to this partition will just work. You don't need to reboot into recovery in order to delete/change/add files. Superuser will be able to update su binary automatically, Busybox Installer from Market will have no problems installing the most recent version directly into /system/bin or /system/xbin, etc.

While most users probably don't need it, it's very useful for developers. You can change system configs on the fly, add and load custom kernel modules without reboot and so on.

Basically, it will make your phone fully unlocked, just like Nexus One dev phone.

It unlocks NAND so that you can write into /system partition. You can also flash radio, custom kernel, custom recovery, any unsigned ROM directly via fastboot without ClockWorks Rom Manager.

When you can write to /system, MetaMorph, AdFree and other apps that require access to this partition will just work. You don't need to reboot into recovery in order to delete/change/add files. Superuser will be able to update su binary automatically, Busybox Installer from Market will have no problems installing the most recent version directly into /system/bin or /system/xbin, etc.

While most users probably don't need it, it's very useful for developers. You can change system configs on the fly, add and load custom kernel modules without reboot and so on.

Basically, it will make your phone fully unlocked, just like Nexus One dev phone.

So if I were to bake a ROM.zip file, rather than rebooting into Recovery and installing from the zip or installing via ROM manager...what would the process be? I'm wondering whether I may overcomplicate things for myself by doing this...

Send me a link if it's already detailed elsewhere.

Thanks

Guest gubacsek

FINALLY! \o/

This is what i was waiting for :lol: It gives me the feeling of having full control over my phone.

I used a virtual machine, and it worked fine. The manual didn't mentioned it, but i had to reflash a ROM after it was done.

Guest volatile_ink

Wow. How easy was that? Just switched off security on my desire and got the latest hboot.

Credit to the dev's for this hack, looking forward to sharing some boot screens :lol:

Guest JetSerge
So if I were to bake a ROM.zip file, rather than rebooting into Recovery and installing from the zip or installing via ROM manager...what would the process be? I'm wondering whether I may overcomplicate things for myself by doing this...

Send me a link if it's already detailed elsewhere.

Baked ROM is much easier to install from the Rom Manager or recovery. fastboot allows to flash separate partitions, you can change only kernel or radio. Again, it's mostly for the developers, not for normal users.

Baked ROM is much easier to install from the Rom Manager or recovery. fastboot allows to flash separate partitions, you can change only kernel or radio. Again, it's mostly for the developers, not for normal users.

Cool, will leave off doing this for now, burn a cd and hold on to it should I ever require it.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Ok, so I couldn't resist and went for it. Wahey, the Joker is on my splash :lol:

Edited by BashyUK

Guest sucramco

I am 100% sure when I rooted my friends new phone the other day it already said s-off at the top. I made a big deal out of it to him, although was not really that bothered. What amazed me, it was bought last Friday from T-mobile in Lowestoft and it still had HBOOT 0.75 aswell. I will check this out tomorrow.

I am not sure which screen it has, but it is not the same as my launch model. When you look at it from an angle there are no diagonal lines in the light and the screen does not look smooth, sort of wavey.

It rooted easy though.

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused as to what state my phone needs to be in before i plug it into the usb.

Should it be turned off?

on in recovery?

fully powered and usable? (e.g. HTC Sense has loaded)

Thanks for replying.

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused as to what state my phone needs to be in before i plug it into the usb.

Should it be turned off?

on in recovery?

fully powered and usable? (e.g. HTC Sense has loaded)

Thanks for replying.

Fully powered and usable yes :lol:

Guest Subject Delta
i use virtualbox for your release...

at step three it ist mentioned to wait at the htc splash screen. but it hangs around about 10 minutes.

i think this isn´t normally ? :/

the linux box says to me "husb 1-0:1.0 : unable to enumerate USB device on port 1.

Did you click the drop down USB menu and re-enable the device? when I did it in Virtualbox I had to re-enable the device from that menu every time it rebooted

Did you click the drop down USB menu and re-enable the device? when I did it in Virtualbox I had to re-enable the device from that menu every time it rebooted

I've completed whole process using virutalbox. Had to set usb filters and re-enable the device each time it rebooted but it worked.

FINALLY! \o/

This is what i was waiting for :lol: It gives me the feeling of having full control over my phone.

I used a virtual machine, and it worked fine. The manual didn't mentioned it, but i had to reflash a ROM after it was done.

Quick question - does nandroid back-up HBOOT as well? I'm thinking about patching HBOOT as shown here then restoring everything through nandroid - will this overwrite the patched HBOOT?

Iain