Access Point Name (APN) settings for UK mobile network providers.

Guest billyhl

Seeing as a few people seem to be having problems with APN settings :-

To input a new APN click "MENU" on front of phone, click "settings" on the bottom right of the screen

click "Wireless and Networks" at the top of the screen, Click "Mobile Networks" at the bottom of the screen,

Click "Access Point Names" at the bottom of the screen. Click "MENU" on the front of the phone and select "New APN" on the screen,

Enter details of network settings below and then click "MENU" on the front of phone and "Save"

Hope this helps some people

Regards to all Billyhl.

Settings taken from unlocked-dongle website to help people out.

Whichever mobile network you use, try setting the APN to 'Dynamic' initially and use the appropriate username \ password below. If it doesn't work change to 'Static' and manually enter the APN setting.

All settings are case sensitive!

Vodafone

APN (contract): internet

APN (PAYG): pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username: web

Password: web

Orange

APN: orangeinternet

Username: leave blank

Password: leave blank

O2

APN (contract): mobile.o2.co.uk

APN (PAYG): m-bb.o2.co.uk

T-Mobile

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Three

APN: 3internet

Tesco Mobile (uses the O2 network)

APN: prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Username: tescowap

Password: password

Virgin Mobile (uses the T-Mobile network)

APN: goto.virginmobile.uk

Username: user

BT Mobile (uses the Vodafone network)

APN: btmobile2.bt.com

Username: bt

Password: bt

ASDA Mobile (uses the Vodafone network)

APN: asdamobiles.co.uk

Edited by billyhl

These are the Access Point Name settings not the Multimedia Message Settings.

Cant you get the O2 mms settings by sending a text to 2020 i believe?? could be wrong so someone please confirm

Regards to all Billyhl.

Edited by billyhl

This is what I've been using on my san francisco with my iphone pay monthly contract sim (not tested mms settings)

O2 UK

Cellular Data

APN: idata.o2.co.uk

Username: vertigo

MMS

APN: idata.o2.co.uk

Username: vertigo

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

MMS Max Message Size: 307200

MMS UA Prof URL: (blank)

source: my iphone's settings & link

Guest Davie1888
These are the Access Point Name settings not the Multimedia Message Settings.

Cant you get the O2 mms settings by sending a text to 2020 i believe?? could be wrong so someone please confirm

Regards to all Billyhl.

Ah!!! ok m8, no can't get settings that way, o2 can't send them to android phones.

I'm going to Hong Kong tomorrow, and thought I'd look on appbrain for a tube map or anything HK related, and came across HK APN. Apparently it's an app to configure APNs for all the HK networks. I don't suppose there a similar app for the UK. I did have a look, but couldn't see anything, although there's one for Italy too.

Guest Simon O
I'm going to Hong Kong tomorrow, and thought I'd look on appbrain for a tube map or anything HK related, and came across HK APN. Apparently it's an app to configure APNs for all the HK networks. I don't suppose there a similar app for the UK. I did have a look, but couldn't see anything, although there's one for Italy too.

I guess what you could do is install "APN Backup & Restore" from the market then download this zip and extract it to your SD card.ApnBackupRestore.zip

It's a copy of the custom APN config I'm using on my phone and should have APN information for most networks. If not it can be edited quite simply.

Once extracted open the app and click restore.

Thanks fibble, have just done that. 400+ APN's!! Last time I swapped my Virgin sim back to the Orange sim, and back to Virgin again, the phone seem to have lost the APN settings for Virgin. I had copied the Virgin settings to a notepad file on my SD card, so that I could enter them on my return to the UK. Your way seems to be a lot easier!! It did seem to remember the settings for Orange though. From my limited knowledge, this is something to do with the apf.conf?

Edited by synet

Guest binz_81
I guess what you could do is install "APN Backup & Restore" from the market then download this zip and extract it to your SD card.ApnBackupRestore.zip

It's a copy of the custom APN config I'm using on my phone and should have APN information for most networks. If not it can be edited quite simply.

Once extracted open the app and click restore.

Been trying to get my mms working for the past few days now with no luck. Just done exactly what you said and selected vodafone uk in my APN settings and voila...now working.

I cant thank you enough! :)

Guest yorkieboy
Seeing as a few people seem to be having problems with APN settings :-

To input a new APN click "MENU" on front of phone, click "settings" on the bottom right of the screen

click "Wireless and Networks" at the top of the screen, Click "Mobile Networks" at the bottom of the screen,

Click "Access Point Names" at the bottom of the screen. Click "MENU" on the front of the phone and select "New APN" on the screen,

Enter details of network settings below and then click "MENU" on the front of phone and "Save"

Hope this helps some people

Regards to all Billyhl.

Settings taken from unlocked-dongle website to help people out.

Whichever mobile network you use, try setting the APN to 'Dynamic' initially and use the appropriate username \ password below. If it doesn't work change to 'Static' and manually enter the APN setting.

All settings are case sensitive!

Vodafone

Orange

APN: orangeinternet

O2

APN (contract): mobile.o2.co.uk

APN (PAYG): m-bb.o2.co.uk

T-Mobile

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Three

APN: 3internet

Tesco Mobile (uses the O2 network)

Virgin Mobile (uses the T-Mobile network)

APN: goto.virginmobile.uk

Username: user

BT Mobile (uses the Vodafone network)

APN: btmobile2.bt.com

Username: bt

Password: bt

ASDA Mobile (uses the Vodafone network)

APN: asdamobiles.co.uk

Hi,

Newbee here..love the phone but..

Currently running r2 which is fine ..apart from Problem is…Cant get any internet via my Vodafone monthly account.

- was previously using iPhone 2g with this card Ok. I have only changed settings as above

Vodafone

But can only get the triangle in top left no connection available. Do i need to ask Vodafone to allow this APN?

Vodafone tec are non too helpful and passed me around not even knowing what I meant when I asked them to confirm what APN settings were required as obviously ZTE is not one of their handset types so therefore no need to know!

So, in order to get settings, am I correct in thinking that Paul’s r3 will put the correct settings in for me if I flash to that? Or am I just illustrating my “newbee-ness” ?

all replies welcome, perhaps an idiots guide?.

thanks

Guest delboymel

Hi there. My Internet connection is fine over wifi. As I'm on voda contract, I have created the apn as per above. When I'm out and about to pick up a voda 3G do I just need to ensure my "data connection" is activated? Do I also need to activate "data roaming" as well please? Cheers!

The APN setting for Vodafone UK can be found here: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/56720-ht...-vodafone-live/ it covers mobile internet and MMS.

Name: Vodafone UK

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12

MMS Port: 8799

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

APN Type: *

You'll need to turn your phone off then on again for MMS to kick in.

Guest DarrylUK
All i do is drag this into what ever rom i'm usings etc folder.

apns-conf.xml

I'm running R3 and it doesn't list any APNs. I've sold my san fran and I want to add O2 APN settings but it's not letting me save any settings. Anyone come across this?

Guest merlin617

These are the Tesco PAYG setting as given to me and tested working from TescoMobile as laid out on the phone, Tesco use the O2 network

Name: Tesco WAP

Proxy: 193.113.200.195

Port: 8080

Server: - not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8080

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication type: PAP

APN Type: default (you type default)

Edited by merlin617

Hi guys

I'm bit confused by these APN settings and was wondering if anyone can help. I'm on o2 (pay monthly)

I've got the data settings working fine - but when people send me business cards - its saying that it can't download the data (as it's coming in as an mms).

going into APN - it seems that you cna only have one selected at a time - is that right - so do i need to switch apn every time i get an mms (no biggie as doesnt happen that often)

also - anyone know the correct settings for mms - as it doesnt seem to be working for me still

any help much appreciated

Edited by vik1

Guest merlin617
Hi guys

I'm bit confused by these APN settings and was wondering if anyone can help. I'm on o2 (pay monthly)

I've got the data settings working fine - but when people send me business cards - its saying that it can't download the data (as it's coming in as an mms).

going into APN - it seems that you cna only have one selected at a time - is that right - so do i need to switch apn every time i get an mms (no biggie as doesnt happen that often)

also - anyone know the correct settings for mms - as it doesnt seem to be working for me still

any help much appreciated

Vic1 have you tried my MMS settings above they look as though they are straight from O2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest targetbsp

Asda web and mms apn's. (This was a problem post but is now updated to correct details for future users)

for the web

apn: asdamobiles.co.uk

proxy:

port:

username: web

password: web

server:

mmsc:

mms proxy:

mms port:

mcc: 234

mnc: 15

authentication type:

apn type: default

for mms

apn: asdamobiles.co.uk

proxy:

port:

username: wap

password: wap

server:

mmsc: http://mms.asdamobiles.co.uk/servlets/mms

mms proxy: 212.183.137.012

mms port: 8799

mcc: 234

mnc: 15

authentication type:

apn type: mms

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Aside from the fact my mms doesn't work... and considering you can only select one apn... am I meant to just be using the wap/mms one? My first thoughts upon getting the phone is 'i want to play with the internet. ah! web. that sounds right'. Should I just be using the wap username rather than web? I'm not sure what the difference is.

Guest MrBelter

The ones on the T-Mobile site are shown as:

1. Press the Menu key

2. Tap on Settings

3. Tap on Wireless & Networks to select.

4. Scroll down and tap on Mobile networks

5. Tap on Access Point Names to select.

6. Press the Menu key

7. Tap on New APN

8. Tap Name then enter T-Mobile MMS select OK

9. Tap APN then enter general.t-mobile.uk select OK

10. Tap Username then enter t-mobile select OK

11. Tap Password then enter tm select OK

12. Tap MMSC then enter http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002 select OK

13. Tap MMS proxy then enter 149.254.201.135 select OK

14. Tap MMS port then enter 8080 select OK

15. Tap APN type then enter mms select OK

16. Press the Menu key

17. Tap Save

18. Press the Home key

1. Press the Menu key

2. Tap on Settings

3. Tap on Wireless & Networks to select.

4. Scroll down and tap on Mobile networks

5. Tap on Access Point Names to select.

6. Press the Menu key

7. Tap on New APN

8. Tap Name then enter T-Mobile Internet select OK

9. Tap APN then enter general.t-mobile.uk select OK

10. Tap Username then enter t-mobile select OK

11. Tap Password then enter tm select OK

12. Tap APN type then enter default select OK

13. Press the Menu key

14. Tap Save

15. Press the Home Key

But the MMS doesnt seem to work :rolleyes:

EDIT:

MMS seems to work 100% fine now so it must have just been having a bad day when i tried it first time around.

Edited by MrBelter

Guest targetbsp

Fixed my mms! I made 2 changes (based on some vodafone settings) Not sure which fixed it but one did. I changed the apn type from default to mms and I put a leading zero before the 12 in 212.183.137.12. Asdas setup page doesn't have that but the vodafone forum post suggested it was required.