WinXP/7 ZTE Blade drivers and ADB

Guest jsplace

Guest jsplace

For those who have had problems installing drivers and getting adb to work for their Blade I have pulled the necessary files from my SDK installation that should get you going.

The .rar contains the r3 android driver, latest adb from the SDK and a modified .inf file to allow the Blade to be recognised by Windows in both ADB and bootloader modes.

I have had sucess with this both in WinXP and Win7 using exactly the same files.

Enjoy and please let me know if it works for you :lol:

http://www.easy-share.com/1912504577/usb_driver.zip

~6.5Mb

EDIT: Sorry for the REALLY crapps hosting, if someone could please upload to somewhere sensible it would be appreciated!

EDIT2: Quick HowTo. (How I did it)

1. Download the file above and extract to a folder of your choice.

2. With your phone ON and fully booted, connect to PC with USB cable.

New Hardware wizard should start. (See below if it doesn't)

3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files.

Click next and the wizard should install 2 devices. (SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface)

4. Unplug the phone from the pc and restart phone in bootloader mode (Power on with Volume up key pressed)

Phone should stay on Green Android screen.

5. Plug in phone again and wizard should detect new hardware. Again point wizard to folder where you extracted files and SingleBootloader device should be installed.

6. Job done B) Reboot phone and all should be working.

IF NEW HARDWARE WIZARD DOES NOT START.

1. Open device manager and right click on The exclamation (Think it says HSUSB?)

2. Select Update driver

3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files. Select next and driver will be installed.

4. Repeat step 3 for the other HSUSB device with exclamation.

5. Reboot into bootloader, rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps B)

Big thanks to Matty P for hosting this on his site too :lol:

Here is his link (Fixed)

http://www.matthewpickering.co.cc/usb_driver.zip

Rapidshare etc just wont work for me for some reason....

Edited by jsplace

Guest Matty-p
For those who have had problems installing drivers and getting adb to work for their Blade I have pulled the necessary files from my SDK installation that should get you going.

The .rar contains the r3 android driver, latest adb from the SDK and a modified .inf file to allow the Blade to be recognised by Windows in both ADB and bootloader modes.

I have had sucess with this both in WinXP and Win7 using exactly the same files.

Enjoy and please let me know if it works for you :lol:

~6.5Mb

EDIT: Sorry for the REALLY crapps hosting, if someone could please upload to somewhere sensible it would be appreciated!

sticking a readme in there for beginers may not be a bad idea

also heres a reupload on my site so you dont have to click and wait click and wait like on the current file hoster just click safe file when the window comes up http://www.matthewpickering.co.cc/usb_driver.zip

Just done this and am only getting the one entry in device manager on the first bit - Android Composite ADB Interface???

Edited by synet

Guest Scatterbug
3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files.

Click next and the wizard should install 2 devices. (SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface)

Having browsed to your provided drivers my Win7 (64 bit) Device Manager has two entries under 'Android Phone': Android ADB Interface and Android Composite ADB Interface. Is this the same as SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface or have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by Scatterbug

Guest jsplace
Having browsed to your provided drivers my Win7 (64 bit) Device Manager has two entries under 'Android Phone': Android ADB Interface and Android Composite ADB Interface. Is this the same as SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface or have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

Nope you havent done anything wrong, that should work fine :)

Thanks for the mirror rotten & the op for supplying, all went well, but phone is stuck in bootloader mode, won't turn off, any fix?

Fixed, removed battery then replace, started up fine.

Edited by goods

Guest StevenHarperUK

Thanks for sorting out these divers. A lot of people are struggling on windows, I have linked this thread in my guide on sorting out the MoDoCo ROM.

Great work

I've updated my modified drivers to fully support 32bit and 64bit Windows Vista & Windows 7 as well as 32bit XP and Windows 2000. http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

You will probably need to install the drivers manually from the device manager. Ignore any warnings about them being unsigned.

First post - having picked up a SF yesterday, I'm having a play :)

Anyhow: Flibblesan's driver pack didn't work under 32-bit Vista, sadly - the modem driver is installed, but Vista then can't find the driver for "ZTE HSUSB". JSPlace's driver pack did the job, but I had to download it from Matty P's link, as the free hosting thing completely failed to work...

Edited by j00ce

Guest rgunning

Hi, I followed this, after step 5 the phone has stuck on the Green Android screen and won't reboot. Any ideas? I don't want to pull the battery in case I brick the handset?

Enjoy and please let me know if it works for you :)

~6.5Mb

EDIT2: Quick HowTo. (How I did it)

1. Download the file above and extract to a folder of your choice.

2. With your phone ON and fully booted, connect to PC with USB cable.

New Hardware wizard should start. (See below if it doesn't)

4. Unplug the phone from the pc and restart phone in bootloader mode (Power on with Volume up key pressed)

Phone should stay on Green Android screen.

5. Plug in phone again and wizard should detect new hardware. Again point wizard to folder where you extracted files and SingleBootloader device should be installed.

6. Job done :) Reboot phone and all should be working.

IF NEW HARDWARE WIZARD DOES NOT START.

1. Open device manager and right click on The exclamation (Think it says HSUSB?)

2. Select Update driver

3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files. Select next and driver will be installed.

4. Repeat step 3 for the other HSUSB device with exclamation.

5. Reboot into bootloader, rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps :)

Big thanks to Matty P for hosting this on his site too :D

Here is his link (Fixed)

http://www.matthewpickering.co.cc/usb_driver.zip

Guest jsplace
Hi, I followed this, after step 5 the phone has stuck on the Green Android screen and won't reboot. Any ideas? I don't want to pull the battery in case I brick the handset?

Open a command prompt in the folder where you have fastboot/adb (and the drivers) just type "fastboot reboot"

Phone should restart, pulling battery at this point tho is safe, you are not flashing anything :)

Edited by jsplace

Guest rgunning

Excellent, much appreciated.

Open a command prompt in the folder where you have fastboot/adb (and the drivers) just type "fastboot reboot"

Phone should restart, pulling battery at this point tho is safe, you are not flashing anything :)