Root LG GT540 with 1 click running 2.1 OS

Guest joestone

Guest craigb87

I'm trying to do this but with no luck. I have downloaded the zip file, unzipped. Connected my phone by USB and set USB debugging. Double clicked root.bat but it keeps saying 'device not found'. What should I try?

Guest EoinSheehy

C:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthec
age-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
168 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)

C:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /da
ta/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tm
p/rageagainstthecage
[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit © 2010 by 743C

[*] checking NPROC limit ...
[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={1712, 1712}
[*] Searching for adb ...
[+] Found adb as PID 1151
[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!
[*]
[*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to
[*] [email protected] so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.
[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,
[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!
[*]
[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
[/codebox]

OK this may be an easy question but what do I do now.

Guest Tulazan

Hello,

First off thanks for the info in this thread and the .bat files.

Now I original followed the How to root your LG GT540 post a while back and the hidden menu work a tread. I then flashed to the UK O2 10C ROM. After that I lost the hidden menu option to ROOT the GT540 so I had to use the Universal Androot method. All seemed good! Then I recently flashed to V20B and tried this method of getting ROOT access back. Even though SU installs fine if I use any APP that needs ROOT it says no! And If I use ADB shell I get the $ prompt then when I try su it says no as well.

Now I am new to Android tweaking so forgive this question... Am I missing something or does it seem like this .bat has only installed SU and my GT540 is not fully ROOTed?

Thanks for any info and keep up the good work!

[EDIT]

Well it looks like I might have worked around this thanks to Titanium Backup. I ran it and it said no root but maybe I should try a different busy box. So i let Titanium do it's thing and put a known working busy box on my phone and it is now all working including ADB shell (ADB $ su -> phone asked if ok I pressed yes -> ADB #).

Once again thanks for the great work you all do here. I look forward to going away and learning so I can come back and contribute in the future! :)

[/EDIT]

Edited by Tulazan

• 2 weeks later...
Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Are you opening the the .bat file using astro file manager or in mass storage mode?

I have tried both and and no joy.

Edit: I entered the lines of code in manually and i got it rooted :P

If you could answer my question though it would be great.

Edited by Atheos

Guest Techkingpin
This topic is made for people who is not able to follow the original guide and want to root their phone.

This guide was made in cooperation with doubletakeit.

!!!! Use it to Your own risk !!!!!!

This is simple method. Download the zip file. Extract it. Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Put Your phone to USB Debugging mode , and double click to root.bat found in the rootgt540 folder. After the phone reboots it is rooted.

To unroot the Phone turn on USB Debugging mode , double click to the unroot.bat in the gt540 folder.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63708l]

Navigate to settings.

Select it.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63709l]

Select application.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63710l]

Turn on USB Debugging mode.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63711l]

My phone wont reboots, why i cant root? everthing is ok but not reboots and nothing then.

Guest Techkingpin
the root.bat should be run on the pc not on the phone.

I run it on the pc but no reboot only usb conection restart and nothing, after few times it will restart but cant start, stays on logo android and i must batery pul out to turn of.

Guest hacker_didko

Succsuful managed to do the proccedure but i have one question . Do I have to do the proccedure for apps to sd every time I remove the sd card from the phone ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dudeman1996_11

Hi, I've followed this before and it worked, but i want to root a different phone, and I follow the instructions exactly, debugging is on, mass storage is off, but when i open root.bat it just does this

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/loca

l/tmp/rageagainstthecage

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagains

tthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and stays like that for ages the phone is plugged in, i've tried different usb ports, but it just wont work, any ideas?

Guest Techkingpin
Hi, I've followed this before and it worked, but i want to root a different phone, and I follow the instructions exactly, debugging is on, mass storage is off, but when i open root.bat it just does this

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/loca

l/tmp/rageagainstthecage

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagains

tthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and stays like that for ages the phone is plugged in, i've tried different usb ports, but it just wont work, any ideas?

try with this its work for me. Download Z4Root.

Edited by Techkingpin

Guest despotovski01
This topic is made for people who is not able to follow the original guide and want to root their phone.

This is simple method. Download the zip file. Extract it. Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Put Your phone to USB Debugging mode , and double click to root.bat found in the rootgt540 folder. After the phone reboots it is rooted.

To unroot the Phone turn on USB Debugging mode , double click to the unroot.bat in the gt540 folder.

Navigate to settings.

Select it.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63709l]

Select application.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63710l]

Turn on USB Debugging mode.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63711l]

What will I get if I root my phone?

Guest sayeed_992
Ok ive created an ext2 partition, copied the apps2sd folder to the sd card that you attatched, yet it says

stderr: failed

stderr: mount: no such file or directory

Can you please let me know...how did u get rid of this problem finally??? I'm stuck here...

• 1 month later...
Guest niraj87

Plz help asap....I'm new to Android tweaking.....My phone fails at rooting on Universal Androot and Z4Root. Finally, I am trying this method of rooting. But, its stuck at adb wait-for-device....tell me wats wrong?

Guest Underdog2k9
Plz help asap....I'm new to Android tweaking.....My phone fails at rooting on Universal Androot and Z4Root. Finally, I am trying this method of rooting. But, its stuck at adb wait-for-device....tell me wats wrong?

Have you plugged your phone at the usb cable and enable debugging mode while running z4 root?

Guest Flow_panda

Hi everyone !

First post and already complaining, but the zip file is packed with a trojan and unfortunetly my pc doesn't want to download it ^^

Any other option to get a 1click root file for my LG please ?

I tried Paul's stability test but I can't get to the end of the process...

Any help is welcome..

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest '(M)OE'WEEZEYY

When i click on root it says error device not found.. and wait for device.

USB debugging mode is on and storage mode is off.

what am i doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

This is a my first post on here and I have just rooted my phone in one click :D

I recently had just updated my lg gt540go 1.6 firmware to LG GT540 2.1 and all still seems to be running fine, the reason I rooted my file is I wanted to run app that needed the phone to be rooted so many thanks for making it easy for me to do it.

I also finally got the LG PC suite working, simply had to go to settings and sd settings and uncheck the use as mass storage only box, Thanx again away to see if I can remote control my android from the pc.....

Thanx again every1 !

Rciky

Guest Diego Rodr
would this have a possibility of bricking my phone?

I almost pee on myself when I ran the script and my phone froze.

I had to take off the battery and disconnect the cable fearing that I was the lucky owner of a shiny paper holder.

Fortunately it booted okay and on the second try everything went smoothly.

Guest Diego Rodr
the root.bat should be run on the pc not on the phone.

This is a good piece of advice. Maybe the original poster could clarify a little more and make the post newbie-proof.

I'm a newbie and I tried transfering the uncompressed folder and running root.bat from a file explorer on the phone. Fortunately I wasn't able and then I figured: why run a .bat in a linux-like environment?

Thanks so much to the original poster (and everyone who contributed). It works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greg69

Thanks dude type person :(

Guest LinxAndroid

just rooted, finally can use Titanium Back Up to delete the things that dont work, like sims3, and apps i hate like Foursquare, etc.

Guest Ajzeaa*

.. i need help about apps2sd on lg gt540. i follow your instruction, i have created ext2, and i have downloaded gscript and apps2sd script.. what i need to do now ? i try root my device, but when i run root.bat , he wrote me "wait-for-device" i turn on usb debugging mode and turn off mass storage only.. can apps2sd work without root ?

Thanks, and sorry for english, i am from serbia .. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wucinac

the first time I successfully root, but when I flash EuropeOpen + FastBoot i cant root phone.

I do not know where I went wrong. Can a little help?