N1 won't accept any ROM image

Guest Mr Pockets151

Guest Mr Pockets151

So a buddy sent me his N1 that had been stuck in a boot loop. I asked him to give me the details of what the phone had been through. Of course he didn't know squat!

When I got the N1 it didn't boot to recovery but it did boot to bootloader. I was finally able to flash Aman_RA recovery thru adb. Now I can boot into recovery. I've tried flashing 3 different roms (all MD5 checks pass) but the N1 one shoots out different errors for each ROM. For ex. Missing wallpaper/desire.jpg or some other weird error.

I've been searching for 2 weeks. When I enter bootloader mode and hboot, the device looks for a PASSDIAG.zip. I dl a stock image from the developer.htc site and renamed it to PASSDIAG.zip. If finds it but then gives error about missing PASSDIAG.nbh or image not being the right one.

If I use adb to wipe the cache (in bootloader mode) it works fine, but when I try to wipe userdata I get the "FAILED" to wipe error. Fastboot windows-devices gives me HTCxxxxxxxx so i know it communicates. And i was able to flash recovery twice. No problems .

EDIT: IF YOU NOTICE IN THE SECOND IMAGE THE BLUE STATUS BAR SHOWS UP AND GOES TO THE TOP AS IF IT ACTUALLY WAS DOING SOMETHING

I tried to flash an image using fastboot and adb (flash userdata userdata.img ) but it just hangs for ever.

I just can't flash an Os on this thing. Trully, bricked me thinks?

Anyone have any suggestions for me?? Thanks.

post-381853-1286380613_thumb.jpg

post-381853-1286380626_thumb.jpg

post-381853-1286380638_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Pockets151

Guest crawler9

First either rename your passdiag.zip file our delete it from the sd card. Then download the stock file for build EPF30, put it on the root of the sd card, and rename it passimg.zip Power the phone on while holding volume down. It will (should) go through a similar process as what is currently happening to your passdiag file but should then ask you if you want to start the update. It's possible you may get an error saying main version is older. please report back and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my Nexus One

Guest Mr Pockets151
First either rename your passdiag.zip file our delete it from the sd card. Then download the stock file for build EPF30, put it on the root of the sd card, and rename it passimg.zip Power the phone on while holding volume down. It will (should) go through a similar process as what is currently happening to your passdiag file but should then ask you if you want to start the update. It's possible you may get an error saying main version is older. please report back and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my Nexus One

I tried flashing the image. And I got one error on system update. So I tried this command and got

fastboot erase system

erasing 'system'.... FAILED <remote: not allowed>

this error.

When I do

fastboot oem unlock

I get

device already UNLOCKED!

post-381853-1286896904_thumb.jpg

Guest crawler9
I tried flashing the image. And I got one error on system update. So I tried this command and got

this error.

When I do

I get

Try flashing a custom recovery (if you don't already have one) and wiping the system partition from there. I'm not sure if Amon RA's recovery supports this; I've always used ClockworkMod. Anyway, afternoon wiping the system partition there, wipe everything else, just for good measure, including dalvik cache. Then try using the passing method again and see if you get different results. You might also want to try to download the passing file again to make sure it isn't corrupt.

Cheers!

crawler9

Sent from my Nexus.

Guest Mr Pockets151
Try flashing a custom recovery (if you don't already have one) and wiping the system partition from there. I'm not sure if Amon RA's recovery supports this; I've always used ClockworkMod. Anyway, afternoon wiping the system partition there, wipe everything else, just for good measure, including dalvik cache. Then try using the passing method again and see if you get different results. You might also want to try to download the passing file again to make sure it isn't corrupt.

Cheers!

crawler9

Sent from my Nexus.

Is there anyway to flash the clockwordmod recovery other than using ROM manager?

Guest crawler9
Is there anyway to flash the clockwordmod recovery other than using ROM manager?

Sure there is. You can find the recovery image if you Google clockworkmod recovery. To install it, put it in the directory your fastboot is in and run "fastboot flash recovery *.img" after adjusting "*.img" to match then of the name of the file you download.

Cheers!

crawler9

Sent from my Nexus.