DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Shouldn't take more that about 3 minutes.

You went back into recovery and used the Factory Reset that I told you to?

Yes i realised what you said as first screen adn did that however its does not boot up again..

MVNK

Last try.. remove the battery, count to 10 then replace ...

Yes i realised what you said as first screen adn did that however its does not boot up again..

MVNK

Last try.. remove the battery, count to 10 then replace ...

I am only getting the dell logo...with all three button on right glowing ...

IS this called BRICKED ?? Can i remove / un-install clockworkMod recovery

MVNK

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

MVNK

Are you sure your not looking at the back cover?

Guest spleisher

Pardon the stupid question if this has already been addressed, what's the current status of the front camera? Is there any way to access it from the UI? I know there wasn't early on, but I don't see anything about it under known issues.

Thanks so much!

As an aside, for those of you who might be running 1.6 and reading this thread for research: The difference this ROM makes in terms of smoothness, polish, and overall usefulness of the Streak is nothing short of STRIKING. Seriously, it's like a whole different phone, performance-wise (not to mention all the new apps and functionality options).

Very, very well done!

Guest Vano3408

Hi there. Again want to use another post to say big thanks to Stephen and other people who help him in Froyo for Streak.

A lot of posts with bugs reported in this thread and people still keep testing, but I think it is already tested almost everything so I would list all common bugs of V1 from 16.10.2010 in this post:

1. G-sensor

G-sensor stops working time to time and ultimately screen’s auto orientation after running certain applications. I noticed that it is mainly after video and music playing applications. Only rebooting makes it workable again. This is really serious bug and I hope it will get priority in the list of to be fixed.

2. Camera:

a. 3gp recording in low quality on 720p as well as on other resolutions.

b. When video quality set to “Custom” and resolution set to “720P”, when trying to record, Camcoder stops responding and goes to FTC. Only reboot make it workable back.

c. “The file is audio only” text appears after several seconds of playback in the left side of recorded video

3. I was not able to send mms message though my APN setting is correct. (Cytamobile-Vodafone Cyprus), however I was not able to send MMS on older 2.1 and 1.6 builds.

4. YouTube application:

I have been experimenting with large number of youtube videos and come up with following:

• 75% of videos playing with distorted colors and green line in top of screen

• 20% of videos playing fine

• 5% is not playing at all “this video cannot be played” message

I presume all this connected to type of video downloading from Youtube. Like .avi/.mov/.wmv playing with colors distortion and green line in top, .3gp/.mp4 Playing ok, other types not playing at all

5. Music player:

a. When playing MP3 and press pause got message “Sorry the player is not support this type of audio file” and playing stopped.

6. Wireless hot spot tethering problem. Portable wi-fi hotspot option press once – get error, press again – option activated, but not really work. Press again – get error and all further clicks om option got error. If to enable wi-fi or disable data connection in this state device is hang up or reboot by itself..

Guest thehodapp
Pardon the stupid question if this has already been addressed, what's the current status of the front camera? Is there any way to access it from the UI? I know there wasn't early on, but I don't see anything about it under known issues.

It's not usable in the camera app but Fring can detect and use it just fine.

Guest nickp82

I might have a few solutions to some of these...

1) I don't get the rotation sticking problem at all on my Streak, but I did try using the G-sensor calibration tool in EMList a while back. Perhaps that fixed it for me? Worth a try anyway...

2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards - I agree, will be nice when camera.apk works properly as a whole.

You can fix problem 5 for now by installing Music Mod from the market (free) and making it default player. It adds extra features to the Froyo player as well as fixing the pause problem. :)

Hi there. Again want to use another post to say big thanks to Stephen and other people who help him in Froyo for Streak.

A lot of posts with bugs reported in this thread and people still keep testing, but I think it is already tested almost everything so I would list all common bugs of V1 from 16.10.2010 in this post:

1. G-sensor

G-sensor stops working time to time and ultimately screen’s auto orientation after running certain applications. I noticed that it is mainly after video and music playing applications. Only rebooting makes it workable again. This is really serious bug and I hope it will get priority in the list of to be fixed.

2. Camera:

a. 3gp recording in low quality on 720p as well as on other resolutions.

b. When video quality set to “Custom” and resolution set to “720P”, when trying to record, Camcoder stops responding and goes to FTC. Only reboot make it workable back.

c. “The file is audio only” text appears after several seconds of playback in the left side of recorded video

3. I was not able to send mms message though my APN setting is correct. (Cytamobile-Vodafone Cyprus), however I was not able to send MMS on older 2.1 and 1.6 builds.

4. YouTube application:

I have been experimenting with large number of youtube videos and come up with following:

• 75% of videos playing with distorted colors and green line in top of screen

• 20% of videos playing fine

• 5% is not playing at all “this video cannot be played” message

I presume all this connected to type of video downloading from Youtube. Like .avi/.mov/.wmv playing with colors distortion and green line in top, .3gp/.mp4 Playing ok, other types not playing at all

5. Music player:

a. When playing MP3 and press pause got message “Sorry the player is not support this type of audio file” and playing stopped.

6. Wireless hot spot tethering problem. Portable wi-fi hotspot option press once – get error, press again – option activated, but not really work. Press again – get error and all further clicks om option got error. If to enable wi-fi or disable data connection in this state device is hang up or reboot by itself..

Guest Andy Wofford

MVNK

I had the same issue - factory reset from clockworkmod and it wouldn't boot. Just stuck on the Dell logo. As they said - do the factory reset from the first screen. I did it once and that worked for me. It took several minutes of waiting past the boot screen - but it finally came up. Hopefully yours works for you too.

1) was on v2 of Steve's 2.2 - decided to upgrade for the market fixes

2) downloaded update - put in microsd card

3) rebooted - went into clockwork (via update.pkg)

4) chose to install update from zip on sd card - picked latest one

5) did a clockworkmod factory reset on advice from front page of forum - this shouldn't be advised - could not boot past dell logo

6) restarted and did a factory reset from initial screen (vol up/down, power, first white screen)

7) booted into v1!

Guest ClippinWings
I had the same issue - factory reset from clockworkmod and it wouldn't boot. Just stuck on the Dell logo. As they said - do the factory reset from the first screen. I did it once and that worked for me. It took several minutes of waiting past the boot screen - but it finally came up. Hopefully yours works for you too.

5) did a clockworkmod factory reset on advice from front page of forum - this shouldn't be advised - could not boot past dell logo

6) restarted and did a factory reset from initial screen (vol up/down, power, first white screen)

7) booted into v1!

Same issue here...

Waiting on factory reset now....

Guest ClippinWings

7) booted into v1!

Same issue here...

Waiting on factory reset now....

And....

FROYO!!!!

You the man... both of you!!!

Guest Vano3408

1) I don't get the rotation sticking problem at all on my Streak, but I did try using the G-sensor calibration tool in EMList a while back. Perhaps that fixed it for me? Worth a try anyway...

2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards - I agree, will be nice when camera.apk works properly as a whole.

You can fix problem 5 for now by installing Music Mod from the market (free) and making it default player. It adds extra features to the Froyo player as well as fixing the pause problem. :)

Thank you nickp82

Reg. 2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards

seems i missed this post, can you please give a link or direct where it is ?

head into irc and ill help out

STEVE You are a Whizard.... it took just three minutes for Steve to clarify... For any others getting the same issue....

If you are lost...

reboot with volume buttons pressed....

Go into ClockMOD menu and

Format the system / data / user ... and restart

Again

In the first Screen reset factory option 1..... adn reboot and wait for 10-15 minutes its all glory.... then set your market for data...enjoy ..Thanks a Ton Steve ....

Guest digthemlows
Thank you nickp82

Reg. 2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards

seems i missed this post, can you please give a link or direct where it is ?

I didn't see that either............anyone have it??

Guest sukicat

Is it right to get to the EMlist you type

*#*#307#*#*

And Music Mod works a treat.

Edited by sukicat

Guest StefanCh

MVNK

i had the same problem - wiping the dalvik cache did the trick

S

Guest Radimus

I ignored the initial instruction on going to 2.1 from stock AT&T 1.6...

I had just setup Clockwork, copied v1 of 2.2 zip to sdcard

booted into cockwork selected zip from SD, watched the loading animation

deleted cache

restarted from clockwork

went back to initial recovery mode (white screen), selected factory reset

rebooted to dell logo, where it sat for 15 + minutes and no progress (yes, I'm looking at the front of my streak, because I can see the 3 LEDs are lit)

Suggestions? I have redone the above process 3 times, including pulling the battery between reboots.

Guest Stephen Hyde

for one go to 2.1, and two try formatting data system and cache in clockwork then reflashing the zip and after you hit reboot in clockwork hold the 2 volume keys to go straight back to recovery menu then choose factory reset

re-flash 6941 stock recovery with fastboot

update to 2.1

re-flash clockwork

update to froyo v1

I ignored the initial instruction on going to 2.1 from stock AT&T 1.6...

I had just setup Clockwork, copied v1 of 2.2 zip to sdcard

booted into cockwork selected zip from SD, watched the loading animation

deleted cache

restarted from clockwork

went back to initial recovery mode (white screen), selected factory reset

rebooted to dell logo, where it sat for 15 + minutes and no progress (yes, I'm looking at the front of my streak, because I can see the 3 LEDs are lit)

Suggestions? I have redone the above process 3 times, including pulling the battery between reboots.

Guest Vano3408

reg. 1) I did sensor calibration. But it sticked again just after I run AndroStream and streamed several minutes of video from my PC....

Guest Radimus
for one go to 2.1, and two try formatting data system and cache in clockwork then reflashing the zip and after you hit reboot in clockwork hold the 2 volume keys to go straight back to recovery menu then choose factory reset

"Formatting DATA"

"Formatting SYSTEM"

"Formatting CACHE"

"Installing: SDCARD:Update-Release-v1.zip"

"Install from sdcard complete"

"Reboot system now"

"1. Factory Reset"

Dell logo

Waiting hoping :) .... 10 minutes...

How do I get 1.6 back since the clockwork will not do the pkg files now?

and then for me to actually follow directions to go to o2 1.6, o2 2.1, then 2.2.

Guest yosemite-sam

just a quick question on where everyone is up to, im using SFB 3.0 lol (steve's froyo build!) with the black notification bar.

have i missed any updates since this one? Ive only seen people reverting back to the grey one.

its all been great for me, no problems what so ever. steve you're a diamond and fards is a real gem too.

Read my last message... you don't need to go to 1.6, just 2.1... you need to flash the 6941 stock recovery..

"Formatting DATA"

"Formatting SYSTEM"

"Formatting CACHE"

"Installing: SDCARD:Update-Release-v1.zip"

"Install from sdcard complete"

"Reboot system now"

"1. Factory Reset"

Dell logo

Waiting hoping :) .... 10 minutes...

How do I get 1.6 back since the clockwork will not do the pkg files now?

and then for me to actually follow directions to go to o2 1.6, o2 2.1, then 2.2.