DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest TimoBeil

Hi,

I think the question has not been asked:

which causes the folder "Snapshots" on the memory card? This Folder is there since froyo. There are thousands of log files in it. Various File Explorer crashes when viewing. I don't think it is spyware. Any ideas?

Thank you

Guest Warpedflash
Hi,

I think the question has not been asked:

which causes the folder "Snapshots" on the memory card? This Folder is there since froyo. There are thousands of log files in it. Various File Explorer crashes when viewing. I don't think it is spyware. Any ideas?

Thank you

I asked DJ_Steve this apparently its a necessary folder for froyo atm

Guest jamesturley28
I did this with the AT&T version, still no luck. I tried deleted the default ATT US and ATT MMS one and just adding the AT&T listed in your link, still can't receive sms.

Yeah i had same problem. First do factory restart. Then reboot and delete both pre installed apns then reboot once more. Install apns as listed on above thread or at&t if thats ur service provider. Save both. Then once more reboot handset. Plz give it a few hours for mms to kick in as took mine 5 hours to send mms to myself and recieve. Hope this helps

Guest JaysFreaky
I reverted back to 2.1 then back to 2.2v1 with this baseband

GAUSB1A120621-US

Still cant send or receive SMS

Under data APN i have the two defaults which are names ATT US and ATT MMS then the one everyone said to add names AT&T (which has green dot)

SMS didnt work when i reverted back to 2.1 either

Anyone have any ideas?

I'd either try flashing v1 release or call AT&T then. Reverting back to 2.1 and then upgrading to beta 2, 3 or release 1 should have everything working, but if it's not sending on 2.1, you may have an issue with your plan or hardware.

I installed the first manual 2.2 like you did and reverted back to 2.1 to downgrade my baseband. Flashed the betas and release with no problem. My AT&T APNs automatically filled in, as well.

Guest Shurafa

Just wanted to say thank you Steve! Just made a donation.

Updated to 2.2 Release 1 yesterday. Love the black theme. Market issues seem to be fixed (had to reset data cache and reboot first after update).

All in all job very well done...

Guest jnovello

Yup. Back on V.3 Went to bed full charge and woke up with less than 10% used with all wifi and live wallpapers running. Battery is soooom much better.

Guest Spike8585
Yup. Back on V.3 Went to bed full charge and woke up with less than 10% used with all wifi and live wallpapers running. Battery is soooom much better.

What do you lose by going to V3? I went straight from US 1.6 to v1 2.2. Battery seems to be better than 1.6, but I still cannot get a full day out of it.

Guest streakr

:P hi all again!!

...just for u guys have that slider problem still in steve`s amazing 2.2 for streak: go and do the calibrate from the screen twice with also the low volume button for start the process!! the streak use than double time for calibrate, and this does the trick for me!! now its just fXXX nice to use :D

Edited by streakr

Guest jnovello
What do you lose by going to V3? I went straight from US 1.6 to v1 2.2. Battery seems to be better than 1.6, but I still cannot get a full day out of it.

I didn't notice anyone having the issue that I was having, which was full battery drain after about three hours. Going back to V.3 the only thing I notice is the drop down text is white instead of read. ( no big deal to me) Also Swype needs to force close no matter what version I install.I'm sure there's more, but I'm not seeing it yet. The overnight battery life is worth it to me, and I'm still at 76% after 5 hours.

Guest jsm7483
I didn't notice anyone having the issue that I was having, which was full battery drain after about three hours. Going back to V.3 the only thing I notice is the drop down text is white instead of read. ( no big deal to me) Also Swype needs to force close no matter what version I install.I'm sure there's more, but I'm not seeing it yet. The overnight battery life is worth it to me, and I'm still at 76% after 5 hours.

And market apps that are protected do not show up in the market. The final version shows protected apps in market.

Guest jnovello
And market apps that are protected do not show up in the market. The final version shows protected apps in market.

Like what? At first only 2 of my apps showed, but after I cleared the cache they all came back.

I'd either try flashing v1 release or call AT&T then. Reverting back to 2.1 and then upgrading to beta 2, 3 or release 1 should have everything working, but if it's not sending on 2.1, you may have an issue with your plan or hardware.

I installed the first manual 2.2 like you did and reverted back to 2.1 to downgrade my baseband. Flashed the betas and release with no problem. My AT&T APNs automatically filled in, as well.

Yep for some reason AT&T had to disable my SMS plan then restart it. Thanks, I would have spent a week messing with settings/Os/baseband versions and never thought it to be an AT&T issue.

I'm on V.3 again now and mines exactly the same battery lasts longer then any other version wether from Dell/O2/any other v from Stephen Hyde, must say though i had the most minor of problems when i updated to any of these froyo versions it's going to take a hell of a lot of convincing to install any official Dell froyo, don't see a any point when we seem to have some excellent devs here.

So...my Streak has been acting up. It freezes randomly, sometimes rebooting itself but mostly requiring a battery pull. I am running the v1.0 on an AT&T Streak....has anyone else had similar issues? If there are any log files I can post or look at to see what is causing this, I would be glad to do so...just let me know which ones.

Guest tonymenocal

Hey guys!

Today when I installed launcher pro, I noticed that the stock Dell music widget is now working... Did you fix this in V1 release or is this lp's doing???

really liking launcher pro with resiziable widgets... this is very very cool as the lp qidgets including calender fit the whole screen!! wish I had a sense dock theme... =-)

Edited by tonymenocal

Guest outsidah
I'm on V.3 again now and mines exactly the same battery lasts longer then any other version wether from Dell/O2/any other v from Stephen Hyde, must say though i had the most minor of problems when i updated to any of these froyo versions it's going to take a hell of a lot of convincing to install any official Dell froyo, don't see a any point when we seem to have some excellent devs here.

I am actually really looking forward to Dell Froyo being out to hopefully help sort out many of the small, annoying issues with Steve's 2.2 build. I know this 2.2 build took much manual labor to hack together so I'm thinking an actual 2.2 from Dell would only help Steve's 2.2 get even better!

The most annoying thing for me is not being able to get my call waiting working right now.

Guest miker71
So...my Streak has been acting up. It freezes randomly, sometimes rebooting itself but mostly requiring a battery pull. I am running the v1.0 on an AT&T Streak....has anyone else had similar issues? If there are any log files I can post or look at to see what is causing this, I would be glad to do so...just let me know which ones.

been solid as a rock here - far more stable than the official ROMs ever were for me.