DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest PaulVlagsma

Froyo on Streak working FINE (using Wifi) with O2 locked Streak in Sydney, AU.

Froyo on Streak working FINE using Virgin Modile 3G/H in Sydney, AU.

20 mins fiddling with Qualcomm drivers on Windows7 64 bits (thanks Dunhamzzz) with different USB ports, then 85 seconds QDLtool.exe upload.

Both Streaks booted in less than 2 minutes.

Install of 2nd Streak took less than 5 minutes total! flash, flash, flash, run.

And froyo is FAST.

Thank you, DJSteve!

Edited by PaulVlagsma

Guest vinokirk
I am using the rebelsim2, can anyone confirm for sure that it wont work?

Thanks!

going thru some tests now :) havent got it working yet tho...

Guest 323spoon
going thru some tests now :) havent got it working yet tho...

keep at it vinokirk, you'll be a legend up there with Steve if you get it working ;)

Guest Johnston411

after a couple of hours use it seems to be a very impressive first froyo :)

only bugs i've come across are the swype keyboard not swyping and the auto rotate not working occasionally (only needs a reboot to fix.

Anyone else got the swype issue or even a fix?

Nice work Steve

Guest Dunhamzzz
after a couple of hours use it seems to be a very impressive first froyo :)

only bugs i've come across are the swype keyboard not swyping and the auto rotate not working occasionally (only needs a reboot to fix.

Anyone else got the swype issue or even a fix?

Nice work Steve

I think it's a swype build included with the streak, maybe reinstalling the beta would sort it.

Guest spacecat46
IT WORKS!!! expect a fix soon...

Thinking of doing this tonight, is it about the same as upgrading from the 1.6 unlocked dell uk to the 2.1 6941 rom.......or is it harder?

IT WORKS!!! expect a fix soon...

Sounds good :)

Did you modify the rom or the firmware on the rebel simcard?

Think I will still wait a little longer, as this is my main phone and want it stable, re the random reboots.

Guest Johnston411
I think it's a swype build included with the streak, maybe reinstalling the beta would sort it.

the one i used previously worked a treat in 2.1 but i can't remove the preinstalled version so i can't install it.

i'll have to brush up on adb and see if i can remove it that way.

Guest punkrckriot

I know the market issues have been mentioned but this one is new to me... Market says i have Neocore downloaded, but i can not open or uninstall. It is not under my installed apps in application settings either. tried factory reset and all that but no go. probably just my unit though im sure

Guest homeiss

As others have said. I noticed last night while trying to install apps, some are not showing up in the market. For example: Google maps, skype, fring, nimbuzz, etc.

Other than that I've had no problems.

Edited by homeiss

Guest spences10
I know the market issues have been mentioned but this one is new to me... Market says i have Neocore downloaded, but i can not open or uninstall. It is not under my installed apps in application settings either. tried factory reset and all that but no go. probably just my unit though im sure

Neocore is an engineering app i think, to use it try looking at this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ght=engineering

Will do the same myself now, and yes it works :)

Guest Alkiera

US 1.6 (6601) Streak. Flashed the 3 files after doing a Nandroid backup. Did not do the baseband thing, wanted to check out FroYo without doing something I don't understand and possibly irreversible to my primary cellphone.

Phone would not boot, even given 5+ minutes. Normally phone lights buttons, then solid Dell logo, logo flashes once, then goes to animated logo. With Froyo images, after the button lights, there'd be a white flash at the bottom of the screen as the solid Dell logo came up, and then it'd stick there.

adb would not recognize the phone was connected, not sure how to figure out how far through the boot process it was, other than I never got the flash in the logo, or the animated logo, to come up. Will it boot without the baseband update?

As a side note, I'm running the recovery image off Paul's link here. (Tried a bunch of others, none of them worked) Don't know if that matters.

Finally gave up, booted to recovery and did Nandroid restore; for some reason phone was back to first-boot state; no google acct set up, all my wallpaper/widget settings gone, old SMS msgs cleared, etc. Is this a normal result of Nandroid restore? It was... unexpected to me. Didn't lose much, had apps backed up via Astro, got the rest of what I needed through AppBrain, which is awesome.

I'm pretty much an Android noob, but I'm a technical person, software engineer by trade. I'm not as comfortable working this close to the hardware, unfortunately. Any ideas?

Guest RedSlug

Having a hell of a job installing the drivers. Tried using a WinXP machine (I have Win7 normally) and after turning on the Streak with the vol up button pressed, windows pops up a windows asking to install the drivers, it wont find it automatically and whatever folder I browse to, windows says it cannot install the driver.

What is the right folder? I have..

C:\streak\streakflash\streakflash\Driver\Driver_2.067\Win32\WinXP

or

C:\streak\streakflash\streakflash\Driver\Driver_Android_V0P3\WinXP\i386

But either way neither folder would work.

-----

On my WIn7 machine, the machine just beeps twice and does not ask me to install anything.

Edited by RedSlug

Guest rahulkadukar
Having a hell of a job installing the drivers. Tried using a WinXP machine (I have Win7 normally) and after turning on the Streak with the vol up button pressed, windows pops up a windows asking to install the drivers, it wont find it automatically and whatever folder I browse to, windows says it cannot install the driver.

or

-----

On my WIn7 machine, the machine just beeps twice and does not ask me to install anything.

Same here, it simply does not work, any kind of help would be welcome but apart from that the rest of the build is a dream come true

EDIT : It works now.

Edited by rahulkadukar

Guest Dunhamzzz

or

-----

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-strea...build-beta.html

See the second post, (by me) you want the Driver_2.067 one, qcser.inf