DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest nickp82
To get this out of the way...

THE 720P CAMERA FIX IS UNSTABLE AND HAS BROKEN SOME USERS WIFI, WHEN IT IS READY IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT RELEASE

Please think... if Steve pushed out 3 updates in 4 days there is a reason the camera fix isnt out yet... If you want to help testing then you can ask fards but he dosent want 100 people moaning at him that xyz is now broken because of teh camera :D

So patience people there will be an update when the camera is sorted out and working properly

:P +1

To get this out of the way...

THE 720P CAMERA FIX IS UNSTABLE AND HAS BROKEN SOME USERS WIFI, WHEN IT IS READY IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT RELEASE

Please think... if Steve pushed out 3 updates in 4 days there is a reason the camera fix isnt out yet... If you want to help testing then you can ask fards but he dosent want 100 people moaning at him that xyz is now broken because of teh camera :D

So patience people there will be an update when the camera is sorted out and working properly

Yup, considering the amount of people crying and wailing on here b because of very very minor things that don't really matter, how much fuss would there be if I did something that broke 70% of peoples core functionality :P

The latest fix is definitely working for me, on the Eng baseband.. yet doesn't on the 8105 baseband for others. I do have a fix for the 720p on that but sometimes wifi won't connect, but there's no real pattern to it..

Still working on it and a few other improvements, fbset is a clue to what I'm playing with...

Guest Spike8585

I finally upgraded from US 1.6 to Steves 2.2. Wow its fast.

One thing I have noticed that I haven't seen on here (though I haven't read every one of the 88 pages), is that with mp3 playback there are a few bugs.

When playing a track, if I get a notification, it get a message saying that the mp3 file is unsupported. Re-selecting the file allows it to play, but the location within the track (listen to Coast to Coast AM on the train, 45min track), as it did in the US 1.6.

If I use the remote on the headset, the same error occurs, though intermittently.

Very minor, just thought I'd mention it, as I hadn't seen it on here, and I hate taking out my Streak in certain areas of my commute. :P

Thanks Steve, this build it pretty amazing.

Guest alert_bri

One thing I have noticed that I haven't seen on here (though I haven't read every one of the 88 pages), is that with mp3 playback there are a few bugs.

When playing a track, if I get a notification, it get a message saying that the mp3 file is unsupported. Re-selecting the file allows it to play, but the location within the track (listen to Coast to Coast AM on the train, 45min track), as it did in the US 1.6.

If I use the remote on the headset, the same error occurs, though intermittently.

Very minor, just thought I'd mention it, as I hadn't seen it on here, and I hate taking out my Streak in certain areas of my commute. :D

Maybe worth you adding it to the bug tracking sheet - don't have the link to hand but it's out there.

Agree, this build is beautifully fast and smooth. Remember to send a donation to Stephen folks! :P

Cheers

Brian

Guest parcsalooc

Very minor, just thought I'd mention it, as I hadn't seen it on here, and I hate taking out my Streak in certain areas of my commute. :P

Try the work around. Look up Music Mod (Froyo Only) in the market. It is a heavily modified version of the stock music app. That is if that is what you are having issues w/. Solves the mp3 unsupported error when pausing.

Guest Spike8585
Try the work around. Look up Music Mod (Froyo Only) in the market. It is a heavily modified version of the stock music app. That is if that is what you are having issues w/. Solves the mp3 unsupported error when pausing.

Awesome, thanks, I will check that out.

This is the official announcement of my Froyo ROM for dell streak.

THIS RELEASE IS NOW IN MY OPINION STABLE ENOUGH TO TRANSITION FROM BETA STATUS TO A PROPER RELEASE LEVEL

so further to this i have named my new release version 1.0. it still has bugs but none of them are serious enough to warrant remaining beta

the update process is now very simple to do but it does require that you are using a 2.1 firmware first

I'd love to take advantage of your hard work, Stephen, but I'm having issues with the process. I get the clockworkmod recovery installed fine, and it seems like the upgrade to 2.2 is going on OK, but after rebooting it then goes to the Dell logo and gets no further.

I'm thinking the upgrade process should take a lot longer than it does on my Streak (42 sec.), but maybe that's normal. Also, I'm not sure if it's normal, but when it goes into clockwork recovery, I get an "E:Can't find MISC:" message.

I have the US Streak, and it's on build 8105. I'm using recovery.alt.zip and the new update.zip.

Any help would be appreciated. If it makes any difference my wife is from Watford (near London). :-)

Edited by mcmc08

Guest Stephen Hyde
I'd love to take advantage of your hard work, Stephen, but I'm having issues with the process. I get the clockworkmod recovery installed fine, and it seems like the upgrade to 2.2 is going on OK, but after rebooting it then goes to the Dell logo and gets no further.

I'm thinking the upgrade process should take a lot longer than it does on my Streak (42 sec.), but maybe that's normal. Also, I'm not sure if it's normal, but when it goes into clockwork recovery, I get an "E:Can't find MISC:" message.

I have the US Streak, and it's on build 8105. I'm using recovery.alt.zip and the new update.zip.

Any help would be appreciated. If it makes any difference my wife is from Watford (near London). :-)

ok for those of you stuck at dell logo do the following - IT WILL wipe all data;

go into clockworkmod

select partitions menu

format /system

format /data

format /cache

go back to main menu

choose select zip from sd

select the update zip from sdcard and flash it,

select to reboot now from clockwork menu and then HOLD both volume keys down immediately after choosing reboot option, keep held until you return to the 4 option recovery menu,

choose factory reset

wait patiently for a bit

Guest parcsalooc
I swear if I see another "I'm getting the E:\misc error, is this okay" post, I may snap. :P

But... But.... But.....But...... my screen goes black lawlz :D

Edited by parcsalooc

Guest PJBonoVox
I swear if I see another "I'm getting the E:\misc error, is this okay" post, I may snap. :P

Yep. This is 82 pages of crap because people won't try something for themselves-- They have to be watched and ask questions at every step. And then whine that a camera won't record 720p because they installed a custom ROM that no-one exactly forced them to install. Agh.

If you're not technically adept enough to follow the basic steps required to get this working, or even think for yourself it's probably best to just leave it.

Guest maskaler
Yep. This is 82 pages of crap because people won't try something for themselves-- They have to be watched and ask questions at every step. And then whine that a camera won't record 720p because they installed a custom ROM that no-one exactly forced them to install. Agh.

If you're not technically adept enough to follow the basic steps required to get this working, or even think for yourself it's probably best to just leave it.

I wouldn't consider a lot of these posts (mine included re 720p) "whining" - had I known that it had issues, I wouldn't keep asking for build.props and config lines. It's a long, long thread and posts get swallowed up and buried in a matter of minutes. I don't think the majority of people have asked questions in an unreasonable manner, and with the help of a few <b> tags and some people quoting posts I think everyone now knows the situation with the camera and the "whining", as you so eloquently refer to it, should die down.

I'd also say that some of these posts involve people trying it for themselves who then become fearful of bricking their devices and so come to ask for help. Just because you may not have experienced any difficulties, it doesn't mean those who do, or those who ask questions, are technically inept, nor do they deserve to be treated impolitely or condescended to.

Guest User Error

ok, so, still having issues with sms, same as with the 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 builds. I have stock messaging notifications off, auto retrieve off, i'm using handcent and still getting stock notification sound/icon. i tried deleting mms.apk, tried messing with the permissions, stock mms default is off, replaced mms.apk with the small mms fix apk found on xda and still no joy. i know i'm not the only one having/had this issue. has anyone found a solution? it's not a major bug by any means, just a minor annoyance, but i thought i'd toss it out there again and see if there was a fix.

Guest JaysFreaky

The first post should be edited with a basic FAQ. You know, if you get stuck at the dell logo after flashing, restore to factory defaults. Don't worry about the E: error. Crap like that. If people are still asking after that, they have no business flashing and deserve their bricks.

Guest popetodd
The first post should be edited with a basic FAQ. You know, if you get stuck at the dell logo after flashing, restore to factory defaults. Don't worry about the E: error. Crap like that. If people are still asking after that, they have no business flashing and deserve their bricks.

+1, but until then they will be posting and will require the responses helping them.

Calling them names, whinging about them and generally abusing them will not make it stop and only makes you look unreasonable, irrational and angry.

Guest PJBonoVox
I wouldn't consider a lot of these posts (mine included re 720p) "whining"

Agreed, my wording was bad-- It was really just a swipe at the fact that most people don't seem to read if their issue is already reported and then subsequently report it as if it were a new issue. Not aimed at you, for sure. Just a general thing.

Guest JaysFreaky
+1, but until then they will be posting and will require the responses helping them.

Calling them names, whinging about them and generally abusing them will not make it stop and only makes you look unreasonable, irrational and angry.

I'm not trying to come off that way, but I can only take so much of reading the same stuff over and over.

Guest OrionBG

Why on Earth will somebody use the Streak's S..T Camera for 720P Recordings is beyond me! I've seen clips in 720P made with the 2.1 Roms and they are awful!!! I also have a Galaxy S and the clips it makes are a million times better than the Streak's! Even for Still photos the camera is not even of normal quality! The last I'll use mine is to shoot photos with it!

Guest popetodd

@JaysFreaky

I know, me too. :P

I've had to bite my tongue more than a few times and just walk away from the keyboard.

A couple of the devs had a bad night the other night as well and decided to play attack the questioner, they were none too happy when I pointed out their error and they decided to escalate it.

Oh well, we are only human. :D

Edited by popetodd

hey, someone else try this. instead of pressing the menu icon to bring up the menu swipe up. the icon dissapears forever. along with the two quicklaunch icons beside it

pretty annoying as i use a milestone as my secondary and i keep having to restart the streak.

Edited by SEI87

Guest Amdathlonuk
hey, someone else try this. instead of pressing the menu icon to bring up the menu swipe up. the icon dissapears forever. along with the two quicklaunch icons beside it

pretty annoying as i use a milestone as my secondary and i keep having to restart the streak.

Nope........

I think you'll find that your ADW launcher is configured that way, I bet if you swipe down at the bottom of the screen they will reappear.

It is opening the 'hidden' dock bar when you're swiping up, go into the settings and change the preferences.

Guest Adilson

Is anyone having problems to use Bluetooth? I was trying to pair with my car's system and despite the fact it does find the car, it says it can't pair. I was able to pair with my other Android phone (A motorola milestone) and a earphone. The funny thing is that my car is paired with the same Milestone.