phone low on storage?

Guest rafithegreat

Guest rafithegreat

hi there.. as title says, my desire claims the phone storage is low - what would be the best method to free up space? i have moved as many apps as i can to the sd card, yet it still gives me this alert... i've got astro installed and i couldn't find anything that weighed a significant amount of mb's that warranted a move to the sd card.. what would you suggest moving from the phone to the sd card to free up phone space..?

Guest doktorko
hi there.. as title says, my desire claims the phone storage is low - what would be the best method to free up space? i have moved as many apps as i can to the sd card, yet it still gives me this alert... i've got astro installed and i couldn't find anything that weighed a significant amount of mb's that warranted a move to the sd card.. what would you suggest moving from the phone to the sd card to free up phone space..?

as you might find here on this forum, everyone recommends app2sd+ rather than native froyo sd move, because froyo sd moves applications only, not app data. So best way is to bake new rom with app2sd+ enabled and install that one - there is an active thread from yesterday where you can find some more info, or search forum.

Astro is good tool for file operations, however if you want to see memory usage etc, use quick system info - it is for free and you can find it on the market.

Guest navodwickra

CLEAR CACHE!

If you're baking with APPS2SD+ make sure you partition your card correctly with clockword mod first.

You'll wiped your SD though, so make sure you back it up first