8150 Froyo > 8110

Guest jam_p

Hi, the official website of Huawei has firmware 8150 Froyo. Click

I want to flash your 8110 this firmware. Are there differences in the loader? Do not want to kill your phone)

Sorry for bad English.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi, the official website of Huawei has firmware 8150 Froyo. Click

I want to flash your 8110 this firmware. Are there differences in the loader? Do not want to kill your phone)

Sorry for bad English.

There is a thread for this allready but I'll try to summarize some things...

1. Your phone won't accept the UPDATE.APP unless you rename it to UPDATA.APP (I've done this on my U8100 but it left me without any phone network and it is potentionally dangerous to do a full flash as it replaces other things in the phone than just the boot.img and the system/data partitions). I do NOT recommend doing this.

2. The boot.img and system/data partitions can be extracted and put together as a zip file that can be flashed with a recovery image. I've done this and it works, at least on a U8100 with two exceptions... Wifi isn't working and the touchscreen calibration is a bit off so it's hard to use it. I've tried several approaches in getting the calibration app from the 2.1 ROM to work on the 2.2 ROM but it seems the 2.2 doesn't work with the 2.1 app. U8150 has a capacitive screen and likely uses a different driver.

3. I've tried both the first U8150 ROM and one of the later ones released and both have the same issues...

So basicly it can be used but the touchscreen issue will drive you crazy eventually... Now if Huawei released the kernel source for the U8150 kernel then we could fix at least the touchscreen but so far Huawei has not been very helpful. :)

Edited by kallt_kaffe

With Wi-fi problem is not so significant as to the display. Wi-Fi was treated back in the 8230 change in the config, what exactly do not remember. A screen in 8150 seem too resistive.

Not once noticed a similar thread in the forum. I will monitor it. This topic can be closed. Sorry.

Guest Gjole86

if the screent is resistive then it kinda must have calibration app. also about U8150 there were rummors that is multitouch capable (only capacitive screens can dual/multitouch)