CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

For me on CM6 Pulse Port v0.20

+ Darktremor Apps2Sd v2.5.7.2 is working (progs/cache at sd, swap at ext3)

+ JIT enabled successfully in CyanogenMod Settings

- Using Compcache is not good idea - performance is worse than with JIT

- It seems GPS working only in A-GPS mode - device doesn't start to search satellites, it only shows my location by mobile base stations with great error

Guest whackster
So used flib's boot.img?

*Confused*

Yeah, flibble has added a2sd in cm6-rc0-pulse-flash2.zip, only don't know if it is enabled within the boot image (kernel). It should work OTB but for me it didn't.

That's why I flashed the OC kernel, and then dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip, fixed a2sd settings in terminal (reinstall, cachesd) and now it works.

Guest thisweb
So used flib's boot.img?

*Confused*

Ok I used gusthys oc/swap boot image with toms 0.10 system and userdata, fastboot flash in that order. I then flashed A2SD darktremor 2.5.7.2 here: http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtap....5.2-signed.zip. I booted, only after reboot should you install gapps_tiny (sorry i forgot to mension that in previous post) I think there were issues with flshing this before boot in previous roms. I didn't even need to change settings in CM for a2SD to work. Of course Froyo a2sd doesn't work. (I assume at least !!... @tomG?)

Install boot

Guest skandigraun
Flashing this http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/gapp...0930-signed.zip in recovery worked fine for me. It does include market and I have used it no problems. Also if you have your nandroid and want to get sms messages back, go back and install titanium backup and backup that way. It doesn't use vcards and it works very well for me, backs up pretty much everything and restores to every rom I've tried, including wifi settings etc. There are opther SMS backup apps of course that you could try if thats all you want.

Yaaay \o/ That worked, i got Market again, thx :)

Guest DanWilson
Ok I used gusthys oc/swap boot image with toms 0.10 system and userdata, fastboot flash in that order. I then flashed A2SD darktremor 2.5.7.2 here: http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtap....5.2-signed.zip. I booted, only after reboot should you install gapps_tiny (sorry i forgot to mension that in previous post) I think there were issues with flshing this before boot in previous roms. I didn't even need to change settings in CM for a2SD to work. Of course Froyo a2sd doesn't work. (I assume at least !!... @tomG?)

Install boot

I think I was the first with A2SD the last time round, and had the problem with the order. I've flashed the slightly older A2SD that I posted earlier in the thread, but I'm using gapps_full...

And I'm using the boot.img flib liked to in the first flashable zip post.

Thanks to both of you though. :)

Guest hungary
- It seems GPS working only in A-GPS mode - device doesn't start to search satellites, it only shows my location by mobile base stations with great error

+1. My position isnt correct.

Guest thisweb
For me on CM6 Pulse Port v0.20

+ Darktremor Apps2Sd v2.5.7.2 is working (progs/cache at sd, swap at ext3)

+ JIT enabled successfully in CyanogenMod Settings

- Using Compcache is not good idea - performance is worse than with JIT

I did linpack test with compcache and JIT together - got 4.8MFLOPS. Without compcache and just enabled JIT I got 4.9 - not a lot of difference but I found that even though the mflops is fractionally less enabling compcache still seems to make my phone smoother (presumable because it frees more proper ram.) I have swap enabled. Also in CMMod settings > performance settings > Enable Surface Dithering is unchecked. Surface dithering decreases performance - I didn't notice much difference with it enabled anyway.

Should add there is big improvement in MFLOPS with swap enabled. (I use swapper2 app - don't see the point in darktemor's swap - its too fiddly to set up and check if its working and needs swap partitioning to use - another pain especially if you don't use AmonRA!.)

Edited by thisweb

Guest Simon O

Gapps and differences between them

There are two original zips available:

Gapps tiny (2010-09-30)

System space needed: 9.50 MB

com.amazon.mp3.apk

GenieWidget.apk

Gmail.apk

GoogleBackupTransport.apk

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

GoogleFeedback.apk

GooglePartnerSetup.apk

GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

GoogleServicesFramework.apk

HtcCopyright.apk

HtcEmailPolicy.apk

HtcSettings.apk

kickback.apk

LatinImeTutorial.apk

MarketUpdater.apk

MediaUploader.apk

NetworkLocation.apk

OneTimeInitializer.apk

SetupWizard.apk

soundback.apk

Street.apk

Talk.apk

talkback.apk

Vending.apk

VoiceSearch.apk

YouTube.apk

Gapps full (2010-09-30)

System space needed: 21.9 MB

All of the above plus:

CarHomeGoogle.apk

CarHomeLauncher.apk

Facebook.apk

googlevoice.apk

Maps.apk

PassionQuickOffice.apk

Twitter.apk

Special Gapps for Pulse users

Gapps for Pulse (2010-09-30) (17.7 MB)

This contains all applications found in the full gapps but with the larger applications moved to the /data partition. Should resolve issues with people running out of space on /system when installing the Gapps.

System space needed: 9.07 MB

Data space needed: 12.8 MB

Applications moved to data:

com.amazon.mp3.apk

Facebook.apk

googlevoice.apk

Maps.apk

PassionQuickOffice.apk

Twitter.apk

+1. My position isnt correct.

I never actaully checked it got a position. I will look into it.

@ Tom G: Please put back CyanStats

Thats strange. I didn't removed it.

Maybe the newer version by default doesn't include it.

Guest DanWilson

[sNIP]

Damn theres a lot of apps!

I've updated the old 2.2 Discussion thread (so it says CyanogenMod 6 really) All I need to do is update the bugs.

As much as I think it's a good idea (my thread) I don't think it's needed other than for the few new people having problems. It's quite clean here.

Guest hungary
I can't get wifi to connect. It just turns itself on and off as soon as it finds my network. :)

Thats only with modified kernel (boot.img) like overclock, swap, etc. With default boot.img from Tom, its working perfect.

Guest thisweb

There are two original zips available:

Gapps tiny (2010-09-30)

System space needed: 9.50 MB

com.amazon.mp3.apk

GenieWidget.apk

Gmail.apk

GoogleBackupTransport.apk

GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

GoogleFeedback.apk

GooglePartnerSetup.apk

GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

GoogleServicesFramework.apk

HtcCopyright.apk

HtcEmailPolicy.apk

HtcSettings.apk

kickback.apk

LatinImeTutorial.apk

MarketUpdater.apk

MediaUploader.apk

NetworkLocation.apk

OneTimeInitializer.apk

SetupWizard.apk

soundback.apk

Street.apk

Talk.apk

talkback.apk

Vending.apk

VoiceSearch.apk

YouTube.apk

Gapps full (2010-09-30)

System space needed: 21.9 MB

All of the above plus:

CarHomeGoogle.apk

CarHomeLauncher.apk

Facebook.apk

googlevoice.apk

Maps.apk

PassionQuickOffice.apk

Twitter.apk

Special Gapps for Pulse users

Gapps for Pulse (2010-09-30) (17.7 MB)

This contains all applications found in the full gapps but with the larger applications moved to the /data partition. Should resolve issues with people running out of space on /system when installing the Gapps.

System space needed: 9.07 MB

Data space needed: 12.8 MB

Applications moved to data:

com.amazon.mp3.apk

Facebook.apk

googlevoice.apk

Maps.apk

PassionQuickOffice.apk

Twitter.apk

Flib any chance you'd have time to do a 0.20 zip version with OC/Swap kernel and 2.5.7.2 DT_A2SD please. I think this maybe the finale bar a few very minor bug fixes!!! :)

I am so happy... we made it to the end...our pulses have finally graduated with first class honours. Thanks esp to you, TomG and Bobo.

edit: We will need to get the OClock kernal fixed on the wifi issue others are getting. Just noticed that without OC (528Mhz) MFLOPS is 2.1 but with OC (691Mhz) MFLOPS is 4.8 thats more than double performance increase (if Linpack actually means anything that is ... ) BTW is hardware accelleration working @tomG?

Edited by thisweb

Guest DanWilson
Thats only with modified kernel (boot.img) like overclock, swap, etc. With default boot.img from Tom, its working perfect.

Damn. So I have a choice;

Wifi

Or

OC and SWAP

Dammit. Can someone make me a working kernel with OC, SWAP and working Wifi?

Guest TehOsiris
please i can t use fastboot!

who can upload a zip file for this cm6 with bugs fixes for flashing by the recovery?

great thanks

bro its p*ss easy:

dl:

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...gl5iiciea41vu4t

extract same folder as the zip you wana flash (extract that too)

say c:\flash

start->run->cmd

cd.. until you are in <c:\>

cd flash

fastboot-windows flash system system.img

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot

tada, you are done

ps.: testing today, will report back later

Guest Epic-Emodude
Flib any chance you'd have time to do a 0.20 zip version with OC/Swap kernel and 2.5.7.2 DT_A2SD please. I think this maybe the finale bar a few very minor bug fixes!!! :)

I am so happy... we made it to the end...our pulses have finally graduated with first class honours. Thanks esp to you, TomG and Bobo.

edit: We will need to get the OClock kernal fixed on the wifi issue others are getting. Just noticed that without OC (528Mhz) MFLOPS is 2.1 but with OC (691Mhz) MFLOPS is 4.8 thats more than double performance increase (if Linpack actually means anything that is ... ) BTW is hardware accelleration working @tomG?

We're far from the end. We still have a few bugs to fix in CM6. Then we can work on getting a CM kernel ported. Then theres CM 6.1 and then probably a. .35 kernel to port (hopefully these will be easy once we have CM 6 and .34 in the first place). Then theres some other random shizz that people want ported (like MIUI) and other ways to keep making the phone a little better for the next 2 or 3 years untill evryone moved on =)

Guest DanWilson
We're far from the end. We still have a few bugs to fix in CM6. Then we can work on getting a CM kernel ported. Then theres CM 6.1 and then probably a. .35 kernel to port (hopefully these will be easy once we have CM 6 and .34 in the first place). Then theres some other random shizz that people want ported (like MIUI) and other ways to keep making the phone a little better for the next 2 or 3 years untill evryone moved on =)

We are CM6.1 last time I checked. It's Android 2.2.1 we have, newer than my dads Desire! :) ;)