CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest mikeb90

hi guys... ehmmm if someone could answer:

is either someone developing this release of Cyanogen mod or it's in stall? of course... i know tha people like toti are giving their help, but i was talking about a new release.

couse i've read that Tom will not give his afford to improve it, becouse he is on the sanfran nowadays....

Edited by mikeb90

Guest totiadrenalin
hi guys... ehmmm if someone could answer:

is either someone developing this release of Cyanogen mod or it's in stall? of course... i know tha people like toti are giving their help, but i was talking about a new release.

cаuse I've read that Tom will not give his afford to improve it, becouse he is on the sanfran nowadays....

I'm on N97 from now on.

I bought me a new toy.

I'm in love with my PULSE and Android of course.

But I want to check How fare has Nokia come with there OS.

This is very nice phone.

I don't like that it's мuch thicker and heavier than the pulse, but still not up so bad.

Actually with 128MB RAM and ARM 11 434 MHz processor.

Symbian is quite faster than Android.

I do not want to offend, but despite everything.

For me the best OS for the smartphone will remain Android.

Nokia and Symbian are sang songs.

Just interested.

Is there any chance to put Android rom in this expensive toy, called Nokia n97?

The praise is 32 GB inbuilt memory.

Still too expensive.

300 euros for a toy?

Really expensive toy?!

EDIT:

For me, every piece of equipment that is not productivity, is a toy.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest spanner44
I'm on N97 from now on.

I bought me a new toy.

This is very nice phone.

I don't like that it's мuch thicker and heavier than the pulse, but still not up so bad.

Actually with 128MB RAM and ARM 11 434 MHz processor.

Symbian is quite faster than Android.

I do not want to offend, but despite everything.

For me the best OS for the smartphone will remain Android.

Nokia and Symbian are sang songs.

Just interested.

Is there any chance to put Android rom in this expensive toy, called Nokia n97?

Still too expensive.

300 euros for a toy?

Really expensive toy?!

So sad to see you depart, as I enjoyed reading your words of wisdom and inspiration, and helpful advice. I think you will be sadly missed here.

Guest ahmeds2000x

hey i have a pulse and i am from libya so i really need arabic support i manged to get the fonts working just fine but still it's not a full support there is library that makes it a full support but it only works on nexus one CyanogenMod and some other HTC phones any help please and can i know this rom is ported from any device so i can try the ported from device library thanks

I am having the same feeling but did not really test this.

I will try that right now B)

edit: I tried that. After the camera app crashed, the phone lost 20% battery in 20 minutes

and i did not even use it during that time and the screen was certainly off. So this is really one root cause for battery drain.

Which camera app are you using now?

I'm now using Camera360.

However, it can also crash, because the problem is solved by reducing the resolution down to 2mp instead of the full 3mp. In my experimentation, all camera apps crash at 3mp.

So my guess is that using the built-in camera app is fine, as long as you reduce the resolution, but that is only a guess.

Incidentally, there is a setting that can be added to the build.prop to set the default (starting) camera resolution. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I saw it in the Ideos' build.prop, and had made a mental note of it. So if there is no real fix in sight, the workaround for rom builders might be to set the resolution lower in build.prop, so users don't immediately run into this problem the first time they try to use the camera.

Edited by twrock

I'm on N97 from now on.

I bought me a new toy.

This is very nice phone.

Still too expensive.

300 euros for a toy?

Really expensive toy?!

Symbian is truly vile. I had a brief sojourn with a Nokia N82, horrible. Initial impressions were good but the OS is just SO very poor that it drove me mad. In the last couple of weeks I had turned it on again when I was fiddling with my Pulse and it just reminded my how truly terrible Symbian is. I suspect you may not stick with the N97 very long..........

Guest spanner44
I'm now using Camera360.

However, it can also crash, because the problem is solved by reducing the resolution down to 2mp instead of the full 3mp. In my experimentation, all camera apps crash at 3mp.

So my guess is that using the built-in camera app is fine, as long as you reduce the resolution, but that is only a guess.

Incidentally, there is a setting that can be added to the build.prop to set the default (starting) camera resolution. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I saw it in the Ideos' build.prop, and had made a mental note of it. So if there is no real fix in sight, the workaround for rom builders might be to set the resolution lower in build.prop, so users don't immediately run into this problem the first time they try to use the camera.

I mostly use Camera360 for my day to day photos and haven't had any problems with it crashing with multiple photos at the higher 3MP setting.

Personally, I would rather keep with the limitations that we have and know about instead of lowering the quality of the camera by downgrading it to 2MP, and try and solve the problem of why it crashes. It would also be nice if a fix could be found for the front facing camera, although I fear that this has now been overlooked.

Guest Nuno Cesar

Hi,

after i install this rom i can´t synchronized with pc suite... the pc recognizes the terminal and i´ve already install the drivers (U8230) that came with phone cd but when i launch the pc suite it can´t find the terminal.

I forgot to save all my contacts and calendar because i believed that it will syncro with outlook 2010...

Help me please...

Best regards,

Nuno César

Guest jonnybird
Hi,

after i install this rom i can´t synchronized with pc suite... the pc recognizes the terminal and i´ve already install the drivers (U8230) that came with phone cd but when i launch the pc suite it can´t find the terminal.

I forgot to save all my contacts and calendar because i believed that it will syncro with outlook 2010...

Help me please...

Best regards,

Nuno César

Boas Nuno,

Dei uma resposta mas não era o que pretendias, pois eu só tenho dificuldade mesmo na ligação usb, que poderá ter a ver com a tua sincronização tb.

Só consigo ligar-m por usb em modo recovery

I gave an answer but not what you intended, because I only have difficulty even in the usb connection, which may have to do with your sync too.

I can only connect by usb m in recovery mode

Edited by jonnybird

Guest protocold

I hope Tom can at least share his work on a github so that those of us who want to work on it can take it up further. I sent him a PM and still waiting for his reply.

Guest suriya83
Hi,

Help me please...

Best regards,

Nuno César

ohh man.... why don't you use gmail?

Hi guys,

I have one problem, after installing 0.30, the phone works fine, but i cannot connect it to my computer via usb, it is just charging but not connecting, so i cannot transfer some stuffs like music etc. any solutions please.

RE: After mounting it in recovery and rebooted now is working fine and can be mounted

Edited by kranga

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi,

Help me please...

Best regards,

Nuno César

Hey!

I'm still with my Pulse.

I'll never leave it.

I lov Android.

Just I need bigger internal memory.

And about the sync with the computer?

Well the problem is with the build.prop.

The manufactor is google.

which need to be T-mobile and platform Huawei

Host Google

and Id need to be Pulse not U8220/Pulse

so open the build.prob from some flbmod rom and reedit the build.prop from this cm6 rom.

That's you will get working sync with your pc.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey just a quick question, is anyone else in talks with the official cm developers about making this official or has it died down when tom went onto doing better things