CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest biron_w
How can i restart a2sd und swap?

Terminal says me, that a2sd ist not found, after typing su comand before. My problem causing swap: i downloaded a zipfile from here, but there wasnt a update file inside. Please help me :unsure:

Have you got rom manager on your phone? There is some sort of issue with rom manager and a2sd. You need to delete rom manager with something like EStrongs file explorer.

Guest AntonioPT
Can you add the necessary modules into the kernel (netfilter owner module), to earn the program DroidWall?

My modified kernel enables netfilter owner module for droidwall support. Download boot.img from here (it's in the prebuilt folder). Flash it with fastboot.

Guest i am not a hacker

Ok, i just did the flashing process again and it is fine. But now i have another problem.

My phone is REALLY laggy! My notification bar doesn't even move down smoothly at all! I don't which overclock app to use or how to use it. Please with my lagginess.

Guest exitium

i have another problem... i connect to wifi network and everything is great, working like a charm, but when screen goes off wifi connection is lost... is there a way to keep connection up and running even with phone in idle state?

and one more thing, i get low storage space error, i put all my apps on sd card, but some apps are partially moved... is there a way to move WHOLE app on sd card?

Edited by exitium

Guest megadiva
My modified kernel enables netfilter owner module for droidwall support. Download boot.img from here (it's in the prebuilt folder). Flash it with fastboot.

D:\fastboot>fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

sending 'boot' (2596 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

DroidWall only works to ban or allow all traffic, but can not ban a specific application - crashes. I noticed that TrafficCounter and TrafficStats show only the total traffic, but do not show traffic by application, as it should.

Maybe it's related problems?

Edited by megadiva

D:\fastboot>fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

sending 'boot' (2596 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

I get the same on debian linux. "sending 'boot' ... OKAY" sounds successfull. but then "writing 'boot'... FAILED" sounds confusing. i've tried it multiple times, with the same result. is this a problem, antonio/anyone?

DroidWall only works to ban or allow all traffic, but can not ban a specific application - crashes. I noticed that TrafficCounter and TrafficStats show only the total traffic, but do not show traffic by application, as it should.

Maybe it's related problems?

Now this is is more of a concern. Either it works or not! Seems like, the kernel is not stable.

Now, where do I get a stable kernel to replace this?

Guest AntonioPT
I get the same on debian linux. "sending 'boot' ... OKAY" sounds successfull. but then "writing 'boot'... FAILED" sounds confusing. i've tried it multiple times, with the same result. is this a problem, antonio/anyone?

Now this is is more of a concern. Either it works or not! Seems like, the kernel is not stable.

Now, where do I get a stable kernel to replace this?

I already replied to you on your thread, but I'll just say one more thing: the commit I reffered to on my other reply is stable and works without a problem in any Pulse (including FULL DroidWall support).

I already replied to you on your thread, but I'll just say one more thing: the commit I reffered to on my other reply is stable and works without a problem in any Pulse (including FULL DroidWall support).

ah thanks, exactly what i was looking for!

i didn't want to clutter up this thread with issues unrealted to tom's rom. hence, i created a new post for kernel issues. perhaps i'll re-title that to something more generic.

Guest pulse_sj
It keeps force closing. Once it had started it kept force closing. Why is this? I can't do anything.

u need to do factory reset in clockwork recovery before you flash the rom, the same thing was happening to me

Guest megadiva

kernel, as proposed in the subject line "cm6 kernel issues" leading to a cyclic reboot.

at the kernel of CM0.4 DroidWall issue such a message, if you select at least one application:

9d5862c31240.png

and another request to you next version add the attachment. no it does not run navigation software Navitel, very popular in Russia

navitel_lib.zip_signed.zip

Edited by megadiva

Guest exitium
i have another problem... i connect to wifi network and everything is great, working like a charm, but when screen goes off wifi connection is lost... is there a way to keep connection up and running even with phone in idle state?

and one more thing, i get low storage space error, i put all my apps on sd card, but some apps are partially moved... is there a way to move WHOLE app on sd card?

anyone? :unsure:

anyone? :D

For the Wifi Problem use Blade Wifi Fix from Market! It doesnt keep the connection up all the time, but i reconnects it straight after waking up the phone (from what i understand..)

And for the Low Storage thing: Have you moved Dalvik Cache to SD as well? If not try in Terminal: su, a2sd cachesd (or use the Ultimate USer Guide, sticky, theres a list of useful a2sd commands) Even then not the whole app is moved, but you should see a drastic change in storage B)

Hope this helps :P

Edited by mrand

Hi, I've just finished installing CM6, and most things work. I've some questions remained:

1. The whole custom ROM installing process was started because of low storage, and this is that never works. On a Hungarian page I've found that I'll need flb kernel and a DarkTremor installed for a working a2sd, do I need them?

2. These stuffs are installed through Clockwork (or, in the original text, through AmonRA), does this erase the system (like apps), or is this a simple file-copy? I've used Clockwork only to install custom roms, that meant deleting the whole system.

3. I've got the two frequently mentioned problems, the nonworking motion detection (It's quite hard to type when keyboard in is portrait orientation), and the unstable WiFi turning down when display is off. Is there a sollution for them?

4. Can I partition the memory card from my phone? AmonRA could do it, but for me, always with problematic results, partitions didn't want to be mounted. In Clockworks, I haven't seen such options,

Thx

(newbie)

Guest exitium
For the Wifi Problem use Blade Wifi Fix from Market! It doesnt keep the connection up all the time, but i reconnects it straight after waking up the phone (from what i understand..)

And for the Low Storage thing: Have you moved Dalvik Cache to SD as well? If not try in Terminal: su, a2sd cachesd (or use the Ultimate USer Guide, sticky, theres a list of useful a2sd commands) Even then not the whole app is moved, but you should see a drastic change in storage B)

Hope this helps :D

thnx for wifi, i think its okay now ^^ but for a2sd problem, i tried that earlier, but in phone there isn't a2sd installed... apps are put on sd card through application manager, but dalvik cache can't be moved because i don't have a2sd in my phone :/ can u try to copy a2sd files from your mobile through root explorer and send it here :P ?

Guest malvekx

Hey! I've the CM in my Huawei U8230, and I can't read any SD Card, I insert it and the phone just say "It's secure to remove the SD Card" :s

Can someone help me, please?

thnx for wifi, i think its okay now ^^ but for a2sd problem, i tried that earlier, but in phone there isn't a2sd installed... apps are put on sd card through application manager, but dalvik cache can't be moved because i don't have a2sd in my phone :/ can u try to copy a2sd files from your mobile through root explorer and send it here :D ?

I´m really not an expert in all this stuff, but as far as i know there aren´t any files for a2sd.. It is included in this rom and you can check and re/activate it through the Terminal Emulator App! So, if you downloaded this app, read the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide and the FAQ at the first page of this thread. You can check your a2sd and swap aswell in Terminal by typing su, a2sd check or free or a2sd reinstall (if i remember right i had to do this once, but please read the guide and use the commands from there :P)

Hope its working now for you!

Edit: Oh, and of course you have to partition your (hopefully fast) SD accordingly, to use a2sd at all.. i´m using RomManager to do this!

Edited by mrand

Guest exitium
I´m really not an expert in all this stuff, but as far as i know there aren´t any files for a2sd.. It is included in this rom and you can check and re/activate it through the Terminal Emulator App! So, if you downloaded this app, read the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide and the FAQ at the first page of this thread. You can check your a2sd and swap aswell in Terminal by typing su, a2sd check or free or a2sd reinstall (if i remember right i had to do this once, but please read the guide and use the commands from there :D)

Hope its working now for you!

Edit: Oh, and of course you have to partition your (hopefully fast) SD accordingly, to use a2sd at all.. i´m using RomManager to do this!

yeah, thanks, but, for some unknown reason, there wasn't a2sd app in phone, i tried through terminal and he couldn't find a2sd... oh well, i installed AIO r4 version of cyanogen and there it was... so everything is okay now ^^

once again, thank u for that wifi fix, it worked :P

yeah, thanks, but, for some unknown reason, there wasn't a2sd app in phone, i tried through terminal and he couldn't find a2sd... oh well, i installed AIO r4 version of cyanogen and there it was... so everything is okay now ^^

once again, thank u for that wifi fix, it worked :D

no problem! i was just repeating what Richard says in the FAQ of CM AIO thread :P

Guest JimMorrison723
no problem! i was just repeating what Richard says in the FAQ of CM AIO thread :D

Hy !

I am using flb 1.7oc, and i have a question. Is this Mod faster than it?

Hy !

I am using flb 1.7oc, and i have a question. Is this Mod faster than it?

Well, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn´t :P

I personally think its much better, faster and definitely has more tweaks and nice options.

My pulse is faster and much more fun to use since CM :D

But as mentioned in the Gingerbread thread, why not do a Nandroid to Back up your current system and then try this one without risks?

You can use Titanium Backup to save your apps and marketlinks separately and there are also apps for backing up and restoring Sms and stuff..

Hope this helps, Cheers

Guest JimMorrison723
Well, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn´t :P

I personally think its much better, faster and definitely has more tweaks and nice options.

My pulse is faster and much more fun to use since CM :D

But as mentioned in the Gingerbread thread, why not do a Nandroid to Back up your current system and then try this one without risks?

You can use Titanium Backup to save your apps and marketlinks separately and there are also apps for backing up and restoring Sms and stuff..

Hope this helps, Cheers

Thanks mate ! I'll try it out.

Thanks !