CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest tessomc

First of all,

Congratulations from Brazil... this is veryyy sweat.. and is working better than fine :(

Just a question, how do i configure my back/home button to open the recent application "window" on long press? it is done in the cyanogenMod settings, but still doesnt work, the one that counts is the AWD Launcher settings, witch i set to NONE.

I've tried search for the anwser but got nothing, mayber the wrong words, dunno.

Thanks in advance, and congrats again!

First of all,

Congratulations from Brazil... this is veryyy sweat.. and is working better than fine :(

Just a question, how do i configure my back/home button to open the recent application "window" on long press? it is done in the cyanogenMod settings, but still doesnt work, the one that counts is the AWD Launcher settings, witch i set to NONE.

I've tried search for the anwser but got nothing, mayber the wrong words, dunno.

Thanks in advance, and congrats again!

The board search will help. You have to edit the key settings. The Pulse has to little buttons.

Guest tessomc
The board search will help. You have to edit the key settings. The Pulse has to little buttons.

Ellia, thanks for the reply, but i seach for what? ive tried and got no luck, maybe my not so good english.. dunno..

tkz

Hi,

Sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but I'we got a question/suggestion regarding MT support on Pulse, and since the "Multitouch possible in theory?" thread is dead for some time now I was hoping some of the people that were active on that thread would be here ...

As far as I remember the problem BB faced with MT was that the touch screen driver never got coordinates of the second pressing point from the FW and that was where the attempt was dropped pending someone getting FW export, but I also seem to remember the distance of the two points to be accessible from driver level - some apps were said to use this feature.

Now, what I was wondering, and was hoping someone who knows much more about this than me (BB, come back?! ;) ) could tell me, was if it would be possible to compose a fake second pressing point coordinate from the first one and the distance? I know you couldn't get the real second point, but wouldn't this be enough for the pinching gesture?

And if it were implemented on the driver level where BB was trying to implement it, wouldn't it be accessible system wide?

To sum up:

I'm proposing the driver when it catches the 1. point ( A, B ) and distance ( X ), to pass through to the system 1. point ( A, B ) and second, fake point ( A+X, B ).

This wouldn't allow for rotating gestures, but would allow pinching ...

I'm sure there is a reason why this can't be done, but was just wondering what it was ... :(

Hoping for explanation?

Thanx

Guest AntonioPT
Hi,

Sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but I'we got a question/suggestion regarding MT support on Pulse, and since the "Multitouch possible in theory?" thread is dead for some time now I was hoping some of the people that were active on that thread would be here ...

As far as I remember the problem BB faced with MT was that the touch screen driver never got coordinates of the second pressing point from the FW and that was where the attempt was dropped pending someone getting FW export, but I also seem to remember the distance of the two points to be accessible from driver level - some apps were said to use this feature.

Now, what I was wondering, and was hoping someone who knows much more about this than me (BB, come back?! ;) ) could tell me, was if it would be possible to compose a fake second pressing point coordinate from the first one and the distance? I know you couldn't get the real second point, but wouldn't this be enough for the pinching gesture?

And if it were implemented on the driver level where BB was trying to implement it, wouldn't it be accessible system wide?

To sum up:

I'm proposing the driver when it catches the 1. point ( A, B ) and distance ( X ), to pass through to the system 1. point ( A, B ) and second, fake point ( A+X, B ).

This wouldn't allow for rotating gestures, but would allow pinching ...

I'm sure there is a reason why this can't be done, but was just wondering what it was ... ;)

Hoping for explanation?

Thanx

I believe that the problem BB faced with MT was that our screen's firmware didn't support dualtouch. He and toti tried multiple times to extract the firmware from other phones, but with no success.

About the distance between the 2 points:

Let's say 1st point is A and 2nd point is B.

If you know the distance between A and B, you can draw a circle around A with radius = distance between A and B. If you pinch in, the radius should decrease, and if you pinch out the radius should increase, so what you're saying should be correct.

If it's really possible to access the distance between A and B (Z, as x and y are coordinates), I'm pretty sure it's possible to implement a fake B point in the driver.

It's not that simple as you present it, (A+X, ;), because coordinates of a circunference (or a point in it) involve x^2 and y^2. I'll do a bit of research to find out what's needed to "generate" a fake B point, mathematically. I have no experience in C coding, someone else has to do that. :(

I have problems with the airport mode. If I use the airport mode and drop all wireless connections the activation of the normal mode fails. There is no pin input and nothing happens. Anyone else noticed this problem?

Guest starkos
I have problems with the airport mode. If I use the airport mode and drop all wireless connections the activation of the normal mode fails. There is no pin input and nothing happens. Anyone else noticed this problem?

Just tested it & it works fine for me; asks for my pin when turning Airplane mode back off

Guest starkos
How do you have switched the mode? Through the power widget?

I don't have it in my notification power bar, so I tested it by holding the red button and selecting Airplane mode from there...

Guest Basher52

How can i restart a2sd und swap?

Terminal says me, that a2sd ist not found, after typing su comand before. My problem causing swap: i downloaded a zipfile from here, but there wasnt a update file inside. Please help me :(

Guest cbs_ghost

I cannot update Google Maps to latest version anymore. Why?

Is it possible to change the transition animation back to the early version of the port? It cause the phone looks laggy sometime.

Guest baotica

My wifi tethering doesn't work.No matter what i do.I guess that it's a wifi mac address problem.Question is, can one go around that problem, so that wifi tethering will work.I tried just about every thing that I could think.I'm at my wits end about this.If someone can help it would be swell.Thanks

My wifi tethering doesn't work.No matter what i do.I guess that it's a wifi mac address problem.Question is, can one go around that problem, so that wifi tethering will work.I tried just about every thing that I could think.I'm at my wits end about this.If someone can help it would be swell.Thanks

Tell us more detail on what you're using and what you've done to try to get it to work. (Otherwise, people are likely to either ignore you or tell you something you already know.)

Hi, I've got some problems.

1. While installing with Clockwork recovery, I've enabled signature verification, and found that my downloadaed gapps zip is corrupted. I've tried to download it many times, and I've got the same. (With disabled signature verification, i can install it.) Is it OK? Is it corrupt for everybody?

2. When I turn WiFi on, I've got an "Unable to scan WiFi networks", and I practically have no WiFi (if I enter an SSID manually, I'm still unable to connect) I there a sollution?

(I'm a beginner)

Edited by KGyST

Guest rulerofkaos
Hi, I've got some problems.

1. While installing with Clockwork recovery, I've enabled signature verification, and found that my downloadaed gapps zip is corrupted. I've tried to download it many times, and I've got the same. (With disabled signature verification, i can install it.) Is it OK? Is it corrupt for everybody?

2. When I turn WiFi on, I've got an "Unable to scan WiFi networks", and I practically have no WiFi (if I enter an SSID manually, I'm still unable to connect) I there a sollution?

(I'm a beginner)

1. I thinks thats normal, because the gapps.zip is not signed. There are tools outside to sign it, but we don't need this, because we got clockworkmod.

2. http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-on-cm6-solved/

Guest i am not a hacker

Hi!

It didn't work for me. I was about to install the first ROM (beta 0.40), and then it said it was aborted, and in brackets, bad. What did i do wrong?

Guest i am not a hacker

Keeps force closing and saying The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I can't go back or do anything! HELP ME