Updated (2.2 style) Market for Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Over the past few days / weeks i've seen reports of Android 2.1 devices 'magically' receiving a Market update that updates functionality to be on par with Android 2.2 devices, namely adding autoupdate, a comments tab and a few other enhancements.

Thanks to my new best friend Liam Haynes (:() we now have the APK that is making this magic happen, so if you are on Android 2.1, you can accelerate this gradual automated process by performing the installation manually!

Install the APK below in the usual way (copy to your device and click on it in a file explorer or 'adb install -r com.android.vending.apk') and you're set! :) I have tested this on a Dell Streak and an Orange San Francisco and it works great!

Big kudos to Google for the 'bit by bit' Android updates too! ;)

P

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)

bloody extension problems again. It's downloading as a zip instead of an apk. If you get this please rename the extension from .zip to .apk and all will be fine. :)

sorry to bother everyone but am a new user and this is my first android phone -organge san fransisco (a big improvement over my old feature phone :) ;) )

anyways i downloaded the link it says APK at the end but i dont really know what to do, can some one please help me and talk me through the process

thanks

Guest Mohants

Hi Paul,

I have different issue,

I have a HTC legend(Rooted), before i install this market update, whenever i download apps from market it shows insuffiecient storage, now i installed this update i realised there is no insuffiecient storage error, that means the apps are downloading to SD!!!!!!!!!

But after starting downloading the downloading always remains in 0%,

Pls help me to solve this issue

Guest DistortedLoop

Nice!!!!

Just installed this on my Galaxy S i9000. One of the few things I was missing from FroYo on my N1 is now on my SGS, so I don't mind waiting a git longer for 2.2.

It downloaded as a zip file for me, but I just did the adb install option with the zip and it installed just fine.

Guest englishpunk

Seems to work nicely enough on my Hero running MoDaCo R5 and "Teknologist" kernel, hopefully will resolve the Market crashes etc. this ROM suffers from still :)

Guest knudsen81
Didn't install on X10 Mini Pro (1.6), rooted btw, so maybe no good for pre-2.1 phones :-(

I have a mini pro here in denmark, and my market have changed of its self, so i have the update all and auto update

Guest rog0978
I have a mini pro here in denmark, and my market have changed of its self, so i have the update all and auto update

Is your mini rooted? If yes, could you copy the market .apk and provide it here?

sorry to bother everyone but am a new user and this is my first android phone -organge san fransisco (a big improvement over my old feature phone :) :) )

anyways i downloaded the link it says APK at the end but i dont really know what to do, can some one please help me and talk me through the process

thanks

Facing the same issue. Please help us.