15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi,

my build number is:

YESSS_P729W1.0.0B01

i wanna update it to android 2.2 which is not supported by the branding company (Hofer in Austria), so i wanted to use a custom rom but i do not know which kind of display etc. it is.

Best Regards,

a man with a new phone :(

Best bet is to choose an ROM based on the ROM thats on your phone.

However because 2.2 is only based on the Chinese leak, then you will have to use that.

It does work on both ole/tft - Just check that it supports the amount of RAM your device has.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Problem solved. I mvoed the SD-card to my old phone, downloaded and transferred another ROM (Fillyjonk RLS3) and installed it with clockwork. Yes, the phone finally works again! Now I just need to understand what I've actually done and whats in this ROM really...

Good work.

1 : You installed Clockwork in the Recovery part of your device.

2 : You installed a ROM in the main part of your device.

3 : You cleared the cache and the data off your device

thats it

Guest StevenHarperUK
http://android.podtwo.com which hosts the stock roms in the guide will not resolve.

e.g. http://android.podtwo.com/roms/stock/OUK_P...date_signed.zip

Same for me - It appears to be down.

If you want to try another ROM but can't get clockwork (as its also hosted on android.podtwo.com) you can use Sebastians Clockwork build for now.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

However don't use sebs build if you have a v880 based device - read the thread for more info.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest christiancheer
Hi,

my build number is:

YESSS_P729W1.0.0B01

i wanna update it to android 2.2 which is not supported by the branding company (Hofer in Austria), so i wanted to use a custom rom but i do not know which kind of display etc. it is.

Best Regards,

a man with a new phone :(

Hi! I got the same phone from Hofer. I installed the "MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Alpha3-4 (based on new Chinese leak)". At first it didn't work (got stuck in the "Setup wizard crashed"-loop). Then I installed the "Frankdroid r1 New Froyo Leak" ROM (had a lot of bugs and app crashes), and after that re-installed the MoDaCo ROM without wiping the data or doing a factory reset. Now it's working quite well!

Greets, Chris

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi! I got the same phone from Hofer. I installed the "MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Alpha3-4 (based on new Chinese leak)". At first it didn't work (got stuck in the "Setup wizard crashed"-loop). Then I installed the "Frankdroid r1 New Froyo Leak" ROM (had a lot of bugs and app crashes), and after that re-installed the MoDaCo ROM without wiping the data or doing a factory reset. Now it's working quite well!

Greets, Chris

You must factory reset and clear cache when changing to another ROM - its probably why you saw so much instability when trying 2.2.

Good to see you have got a ROM thats good for you.

Guest spaceguy

hay , i just have a smal question about the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Alpha 4. is there an app2sd support preinstalled?

thanks for the help in advance

//spaceguy

Guest christiancheer
You must factory reset and clear cache when changing to another ROM - its probably why you saw so much instability when trying 2.2.

Good to see you have got a ROM thats good for you.

I did both several times when fist trying the MoDaCo ROM, but I always got stuck in that loop. OK i will try resetting (should i reinstall the ROM?) and report if it works... :(

And btw thanks for the tutorial, had no idea at first! Thumbs up!

greets christian

Guest The Governor

Fantastic guide, after my elementary mistake installing Clockwork (not being in the right directory in DOS!) I was away, installed the only TFT ROM and addons and all is good :(

Is the Facebook feature I have on my HTC Desire Z 2.2 phone (i.e. that is can use a whole screen for status updates etc) a 2.2 exclusive "mode". The Facebook app widget on this only shows a single status update at a time and shows them in time order...? OR is there another app I'm missing?

Edited by The Governor

Guest StevenHarperUK
hay , i just have a smal question about the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Alpha 4. is there an app2sd support preinstalled?

thanks for the help in advance

//spaceguy

A2SD is not in any of the ROMS (2.2) this is because it is not needed.

I think I am going to add the App Move2SD to the guide.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enable...installlocation

If you have a 2.2 ROM then you have the option in settings then manage apps to move app to SD

This feature is enabled / disabled by the developers of each app.

The App (Move2SD; linked above) allows you to move ANY app to the SD card - this is ok for anything that is not a WIDGET or a LIVE WALLPAPER.

But you should test the apps after moving them (you can easily move them back).

All Move2SD does it to allow you to move ANY apps you like (you have to launch Move2SD and choose this)

Move2SD Requires Root.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Fantastic guide, after my elementary mistake installing Clockwork (not being in the right directory in DOS!) I was away, installed the only TFT ROM and addons and all is good :(

Is the Facebook feature I have on my HTC Desire Z 2.2 phone (i.e. that is can use a whole screen for status updates etc) a 2.2 exclusive "mode". The Facebook app widget on this only shows a single status update at a time and shows them in time order...? OR is there another app I'm missing?

I believe what you are describing is a Sense Widget - they are part of the HTC ROM, some people have extracted them and made them into APK's however the legality of this is dubious.

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

25th December - Added section on Unlocking for ANY SIM - Link to Free tool (APK) - thanks Arr Too

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest spaceguy

hay again, thanks for the help . now if you please can help me again. i've done everything in stage 1 installing clockwork mod using a pc. everything goes fine but when i try to boot into clockwork mod by using volume down and power button i never get an uppside down android logo, the phone just does a normale bootup....

what do you think the probleme is?

thanks for the help in advance:)

post-798208-1293371019_thumb.png

Guest StevenHarperUK
hay again, thanks for the help . now if you please can help me again. i've done everything in stage 1 installing clockwork mod using a pc. everything goes fine but when i try to boot into clockwork mod by using volume down and power button i never get an uppside down android logo, the phone just does a normale bootup....

what do you think the probleme is?

thanks for the help in advance:)

post-798208-1293371019_thumb.png

The output and file is perfect, you have definitely flashed the recovery ROM correctly.

Take the battery out of the phone and try again, keep the DOWN Volume button held as you turn on the phone, release the power button, but keep the Volume down held, until you see the clockwork screen.

You will see the green android, then a black screen, then the android again for a split second, then recovery.

Even if you had not flashed recovery correctly, you should see the standard ZTE Recovery (which is just a screen with the letters ZTE on) but it does nothing.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest spaceguy
The output and file is perfect, you have definitely flashed the recovery ROM correctly.

Take the battery out of the phone and try again, keep the DOWN Volume button held as you turn on the phone, release the power button, but keep the Volume down held, until you see the clockwork screen.

You will see the green android, then a black screen, then the android again for a split second, then recovery.

Even if you had not flashed recovery correctly, you should see the standard ZTE Recovery (which is just a screen with the letters ZTE on) but it does nothing.

thank you soooo much, it worked . thanks again:)

Latest Update

27th December - Added de-softened Alpha r0.2 based on new Chinese R15 by Sebastian404 - Well done Seb

thanks mate! and I do confirm some usb cable cannot get the job done..... everyone try to stick with the cable comes with the phone!!!

hi, i downloaded and installed properly custom bladevillain rom on my new zte blade. most of stuff works great but i have some problems.

first of all navigation and Maps dont work. it just doesnt find my location...

second and most annoying problem is with wifi and mobile internet. when i connected on the internet through mobile internet (3g+), the internet didnt work in default browser. i tried connecting with wifi and internet still didnt work in default browser. i tried to go to market and i managed to go through 3g+, so i downloaded dolphin browser and finnaly internet worked in dolphin, when i was connected through 3g+. but on the other hand, when i connect with wifi, internet doesnt work in dolphin. it says its connected and all of that, but there is no sign of internet. please help smile.gif

Guest StevenHarperUK
hi, i downloaded and installed properly custom bladevillain rom on my new zte blade. most of stuff works great but i have some problems.

first of all navigation and Maps dont work. it just doesnt find my location...

second and most annoying problem is with wifi and mobile internet. when i connected on the internet through mobile internet (3g+), the internet didnt work in default browser. i tried connecting with wifi and internet still didnt work in default browser. i tried to go to market and i managed to go through 3g+, so i downloaded dolphin browser and finnaly internet worked in dolphin, when i was connected through 3g+. but on the other hand, when i connect with wifi, internet doesnt work in dolphin. it says its connected and all of that, but there is no sign of internet. please help smile.gif

Did you clear cache and factory reset ?

Guest tonimeloni

hello,

today my zte blade (tft-version) came. i'd installed this rom link

what do you prefer to me...

for an fast, stable rom?

when i reinstall a new rom, are my contacts, picture... delete?

i have some other questions:

messaging is quite difficult (small figures and numbers)

is there any posibility to make them bigger? also the ü,ä,ö are not in there!

i hav an usb-adapter with output 5.15v and 500mA...

could i take that to load my phone?

thank you!