Introducing... the Samsung Omnia 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Samsung have announced their Windows Phone 7 equipped Samsung Omnia 7, the only OLED equipped device for the WP7 launch.

The press details are below, further details and comment to follow.

Head on over to http://Omnia7.MoDaCo.com to discuss! Is this your choice of WP7 handset?

P

Samsung OMNIA 7 Delivers Breakthrough Entertainment for Your Life in Motion

Samsung's First Phone with Windows® Phone 7 to bring more choices for consumers to meet their lifestyles

October 11, 2010, SEOUL, Korea – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a global leader in mobile technology, today announced the launch of the Samsung OMNIA 7 (Model: GT-I8700). Designed for a lifestyle in motion, the smartphone will be the first device to launch from Samsung with Microsoft's Windows® Phone 7 platform across Europe and Asia. Samsung OMNIA 7 supports a 4-inch SUPER AMOLED touch screen, 1GHz application processor and a 5 megapixel camera. The phone offers an unparalleled entertainment experience directly on the mobile with Xbox LIVE® features and games, and Zune® music and video. The OMNIA 7 will be available in select markets during the holiday 2010 timeframe.

"The Samsung OMNIA 7 is our first Windows Phone 7 smartphone and we anticipate that consumers will be drawn to the premium entertainment experience. The device demonstrates our commitment to satisfying consumers with a choice of platforms that fit diverse needs," said JK Shin, president and head of the Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics. "We are excited to partner with Microsoft for this milestone," he said.

"Samsung has been a key partner to Microsoft in bringing Windows Phones to customers all over the world," said Andy Lees, President of the Mobile Communications Business at Microsoft. "Their launch of the Samsung OMNIA 7, a new Windows Phone, marks a significant step in delivering to customers a different kind of phone that will stand out amongst the competition. We are thrilled to continue our strong partnership and embark on this journey with a smartphone industry leader."

Breakthrough hardware

Featuring Samsung's crisp and clear 4-inch SUPER AMOLED touch screen, the OMNIA 7 delivers a brilliant viewing experience, even outdoors. With surround sound and clear voice quality, users can talk to a friend or conduct a conference call as if they're in the same room. The OMNIA 7's good looks and metallic body make it a stylish companion for any setting and the phone's minimalist design and clean finish will entice consumers who don't want compromise style for technology.

Ultimate entertainment

With Samsung OMNIA 7, users can access Xbox LIVE® and Zune® directly on the mobile for the ultimate entertainment experience. Gamers will enjoy a diverse lineup of titles through Xbox LIVE whilst multimedia buffs will be keen to access a host of video and music content through Zune. The OMNIA 7 enables users to automatically synch content from their PC via Wi-Fi so that they can enjoy music and videos anywhere.

Life in motion

Samsung OMNIA 7 offers a different kind of experience that lets users keep up with lifestyle. Users will love the intuitive, dynamic user interface of Windows Phone 7 whilst the Windows Phone Hubs help them to organize information and simplify tasks. The phone's customizable Start Screen features live Tiles that display real-time updates from the web, news, appointments, or social media status directly to the home screen.

Enhanced media sharing is another feature of a life in motion. On the OMNIA 7, users will have access to an expanded catalog of social networking and photo sharing sites and can share images and media files with friends with a single touch. The device even includes a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash so that you capture, create and share your life in motion.

Guest thelondonthing
I want it on Voda, not even a mention of WP7 on the UK site at the moment :)

You and me both - I've been saving my upgrade for months in anticipation of a WP7 handset. Looks like we're both out of luck though - the image below would seem to suggest that Vodafone's handsets will be restricted to the Trophy and Optimus:

DSCF7115.jpg

Other than offering the choice of two brands - HTC or LG - I don't really see the point in offering these two near-identical handsets; there's very little to differentiate them, other than each one having its own fairly drab hardware design.

I've got a HD2 at the moment, and neither Trophy nor Optimus seem like much of a step up from that. The Omnia 7 would be something though, given that it's got the fairly large AMOLED screen (even if, for me, all the other specs are pretty similar to my current device) - but it doesn't look like Vodafone will be stocking it if that slide is to be believed.

It's also still not possible to pre-order the Omnia 7 from 3, even though Monday's press release said it would be available to pre-order via www.three.co.uk/windowsphone from 12 October - however, that page is still only showing the same 'prize draw' page that's been up there for weeks. Tedious.

Guest Astracat_95
MAy have to see what the third party sellers are offering, it was the only way I got my Omnia 2 on Voda in the first place.

Same here, I got my Omnia II on T-Mobile via third party resellers, you are more likely to get better deals that way anyway.

So I'd certainly be keeping my eye on that again.

I'd have one on T-Mobile or Orange ;-)

Edited by Astracat_95

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon Z

Dear Buddies ,

If someone knew how to reset Omnia II I8000 ,Please! kindly share with me. I wanted to reset my phone to get back factory option because I can't open GPRS system .:(:( That's pretty bad for me .

If you can ,Please ! kindly give me a favor :) :) :(

• 3 months later...
Dear Buddies ,

If someone knew how to reset Omnia II I8000 ,Please! kindly share with me. I wanted to reset my phone to get back factory option because I can't open GPRS system .:):( That's pretty bad for me .

If you can ,Please ! kindly give me a favor :D :D :)

this is not the correct place you are asking this but ,

since you are newbie

there is it ,

1. Turn OFF the phone;

2. Press VolumeUp and Lock buttons (do not release);

3. Press Call/Green and then HangUp/Red (do not release all buttons);

4. Phone should Vibrate and turn on;

5. Count to 3 and release all buttons;

You will have a choice to FORMAT or CANCEL the operation

and please see the correct place for posting

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bad question,I have a Omnia 7 and I hate this OS:UI,app,game,rom....I wonder if any one can cook a 6.x windows mobile rom or a Android for this Omnia7?It is very usefull for me.Thank in advance!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.