Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Hah, software update is only small. It's the updated boot image.

BUT... i've extracted it already, and for those in the know, this is the contents of default.prop...

#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.tegra.dpy5.mode.width=1920
persist.tegra.dpy5.mode.height=1080
EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT=/mnt/sdcard
ro.opengles.version=131072[/code]

HACKFEST! B)

P

Hah, software update is only small. It's the updated boot image.

BUT... i've extracted it already, and for those in the know, this is the contents of default.prop...

#

# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES

#

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=1

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

persist.tegra.dpy5.mode.width=1920

persist.tegra.dpy5.mode.height=1080

EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT=/mnt/sdcard

ro.opengles.version=131072

HACKFEST! :)

P

anything else of interest? B)

Edited by bewA

Guest debs626

woooohoooooo I couldn't stand the suspense any longer so I phone Dixons, managed to get a DHL tracking code out of em but when I entered it on the site it couldn't find it. Just off the phone from DHL and they inform me I should expect my delivery tomorrow B) :happydance:

I was putting off calling them for fear of knowing that my order had been cancelled.

OMG I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight ...... anyone else feel like its Christmas eve ? lol

Guest swarrans
woooohoooooo I couldn't stand the suspense any longer so I phone Dixons, managed to get a DHL tracking code out of em but when I entered it on the site it couldn't find it. Just off the phone from DHL and they inform me I should expect my delivery tomorrow B) :happydance:

I was putting off calling them for fear of knowing that my order had been cancelled.

OMG I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight ...... anyone else feel like its Christmas eve ? lol

I'm so jealous!

I expect that I will miss out if they release some more tomorrow too as I'll be out most of the day and can't keep checking their website. I guess I'll have to wait until the stock situation improves. At least you lucky guys and galls can tell the rest of us what it's like...

Guest JingleManSweep

So, by the looks of things, DSGi have booked the consignments with DHL ("Parcel data received awaiting collection"), but DHL have yet to collect them. Is it because they still don't have stock?

If they book the consignment with DHL, they can probably close the orders on their system, hence why we received the order confirmation emails this morning, but do we know when they are being collected by DHL?

I think this may be another delay tactic, but then again, I'm quite cynical about this kind of stuff. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that when I get home from work tomorrow night, I can play with my new tablet!

Just had a cancellation email from curry's had mine ordered at 10.10am. I am very upset. Said they would refund my account. U guys who got it are very lucky. So disappointed

Just had a cancellation email from curry's had mine ordered at 10.10am. I am very upset. Said they would refund my account. U guys who got it are very lucky. So disappointed

Guest 5c00ter

Cancellations suck, especially if you've been actively following developments since the Vega hit the press. Try tweeting @AdentVega the guy's name is David Ward and see if it's possible to get any kind of explanation.

So, by the looks of things, DSGi have booked the consignments with DHL ("Parcel data received awaiting collection"), but DHL have yet to collect them. Is it because they still don't have stock?

If they book the consignment with DHL, they can probably close the orders on their system, hence why we received the order confirmation emails this morning, but do we know when they are being collected by DHL?

I think this may be another delay tactic, but then again, I'm quite cynical about this kind of stuff. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that when I get home from work tomorrow night, I can play with my new tablet!

I totally agree with you on this and believe if they had stock DHL would have certainly collected it and updated their system by now. The problem is that we all feel let down by the whole process and now automacticly thinK the worst.

That said DSG are not stupid and they will be reading this thread as much as anybody and more than likley a bit of a giggle behind our backs.

Guest removed-14

Well my DHL tracking shows the parcel moving between depots so don't know about everyone else but unless I get an empty box delivered tomorrow it looks like I might get mine soon.

Cancellations suck, especially if you've been actively following developments since the Vega hit the press. Try tweeting @AdentVega the guy's name is David Ward and see if it's possible to get any kind of explanation.

thanks will try... wont ease the pain though!

I totally agree with you on this and believe if they had stock DHL would have certainly collected it and updated their system by now. The problem is that we all feel let down by the whole process and now automacticly thinK the worst.

That said DSG are not stupid and they will be reading this thread as much as anybody and more than likley a bit of a giggle behind our backs.

Mine too now which is sods law as soon has i post about it. Well i stand corrected and take it all back. well may be all of it but that is what i was sort of saying, a bit like the boy who cryed wolf!. I think we can be forgiven to think the worst in the circumstances.

Edited by T4ylor

Guest TylerDurdenK

Mine's on the move too. Another phone call and the lady confirmed it should get to me tomorrow. Happy Days!

Status 	Date 	Time 	Signatory 	Branch 	Comments

Departed Depot 	22/11/10 	15:34 		HAMS HALL 	

Arrived At Depot 	22/11/10 	15:32 		HAMS HALL 	

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 	22/11/10 			LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE 	

Parcel received after cut off time. 	21/11/10 	13:34 		DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Afternoon All,

First Post!!

Right I have just received an email confirming my order has been cancelled :-(

I placed my order via PC World at approx. 9:30 on the 19th Nov - Order number PCW1******442.

After speaking to both PC World and Currys Sales line this evening - they are both saying NO NEW STOCK until next week!

Not sure whether to believe @AdventVega on twitter!!

How many of you have had their order cancelled?

Mark

Thats not good mate. I would love to know how they decide on which orders get cancelled as is obvious it is not on a last come basis if you ordered at 9.30am

Edited by T4ylor