19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest o4kareg

By information from Russian users, VISIONary+ r14 works perfect with the following devices:

Archos

70 Internet tablet

HTC

Desire HD 2.2 (1.32), Desire Z 2.2 (1.32)

Huawei

U8230, U8500

LG

GT540 Optimus 2.1

Not working:

Google

Nexus One

HTC

Desire, Desire HD 2.2 (1.72), Desire Z 2.2 (1.72), Wildfire

Sony Ericsson

Xperia X10

Temproot enabled for Desire SLCD

Edited by o4kareg

Guest straian
By information from Russian users, VISIONary+ r14 works perfect with the following devices:

Archos

70 Internet tablet

HTC

Desire HD 2.2 (1.32), Desire Z 2.2 (1.32)

Huawei

U8230, U8500

LG

GT540 Optimus 2.1

Not working:

Google

Nexus One

HTC

Desire, Desire HD 2.2 (1.72), Desire Z 2.2 (1.72), Wildfire

Sony Ericsson

Xperia X10

Temproot enabled for Desire SLCD

HTC wildfire with Hboot 1.01.0001 *Froyo 2.2.1 OTA its not working

Guest o4kareg

ADDED:

Acer Stream (4,005,02_EMEA GEN1, 2.2b) - temproot

LG Optimus One P500 2.2.1 - NOT working

Guest merecumbe

Hya there dear community

Does the Visionary+ V.14 work with the following givens ... ?

Android-Version: 2.2.1

Baseband-Version: 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2

Kernel-Version: 2.6.32.21-g1e30168

Build-Number: 1.75.163.2 CL301245 release-keys

Software-Number: 1.75.163.2

Any help is much appreciated

Sharing is caring!

S. aka M.

Guest o4kareg
Hya there dear community

Does the Visionary+ V.14 work with the following givens ... ?

Software-Number: 1.75.163.2

no. you should downgrade to 1.32 first

Guest slaps09

Firstly hello to everyone and thank you to Paul for Visionary+. Great app.

I'm a bit new to the whole rooting side of android but have a some small queries. I have succesfully installed the Visionary app from the first post link. I have succesfully Temproot on boot as i can now access root folder through ESexplorer and Titanium backup etc.

The single most important reason i have rooted is to get rid of all the stock apps that came with my HTC Desire. IE teeter, facebook, gmail, footprints etc etc. i have tried to uninstall them but no joy.

Would there be anything else i'm comletley missing here maybe. Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Guest djkonik

Hello

I am new here, and I cant root my HTC DESIRE HD SOFT 1.37.771.3

When I press temproot now I am geting new window rooting device and nothing happens (even after 5 minutes)

Of course my phone is connected to PC to have debugging on

Any ideas

Please help

PS I am using VISIONary r14

Guest o4kareg
to get rid of all the stock apps that came with my HTC Desire. IE teeter, facebook, gmail, footprints etc etc. i have tried to uninstall them but no joy.

you should perform NAND unlock first. Some PDAs have it, and until you perform the unlock, you'll never delete these apps.

also, I recommend you not to remove any google soft, eg. Gmail, system won't work properly if these apps will be uninstalled.

if you want to remove them just to free the space at system paritition, you won't succeed. That is because there's actually two mount points: / (root) and /system. If you free some space at /system, you won't see more free space inside the root paritition of your device. But you may free the space at / by moving your manually installed apps to /system/app, so they won't be deleted after wipe.

Guest o4kareg
Hello

I am new here, and I cant root my HTC DESIRE HD SOFT 1.37.771.3

When I press temproot now I am geting new window rooting device and nothing happens (even after 5 minutes)

Of course my phone is connected to PC to have debugging on

Any ideas

Please help

PS I am using VISIONary r14

you may disconnect the device from PC, all the actions may be performed when it's disconnected. Maybe, that is the case

Guest djkonik
you may disconnect the device from PC, all the actions may be performed when it's disconnected. Maybe, that is the case

Yes but how to start debugging on with out connection to the PC

Because as far I understand it must be on

Guest Evilhamsterman

I have a T-Mobile G2 that I just purchased with the following stats

Android: 2.2

Baseband version: 12.28b.60.140.eU_26.03.02.26_M

Kernel: 2.6.32.17-g9ab3677

Build: 1.22.531.8 CL277427 release-keys

I installed Visionary and was able to successfully temproot but then I got ambitious and attempted to permroot it. The permroot failed and now every time I try to temproot Visionary gets stuck in a loop on the second phase and never succeeds. I tried resetting the phone to factory but that didn't help.

Guest warrior1

Hi hope someone can answer this question..

I have a G2 from T-mobile UK running 2.1 update 1, software no. 3.31.110.1

Would I be able to use this Visionary app to root the phone and what rom would you reccomend.

Many thanks in advance

Edited by warrior1

Guest KuifjePDX

I installed and ran the latest revision of VISIONary on my MyTouch 4G, enabled the USB Debugging and successfully temprooted it. Titanium Backup was able to run without errors. Yet, I still am not able to remove the bloatware T-Mobile put on the phone. I want to get rid of the likes of Monopoly, Asphalt 5, Yahoo Mail and Messenger, etc. but the uninstall buttons are still grayed out. How do I remove these pesky little programs that just sit there idle and consume memory?

Guest Wicked68

I'm new to the rooting process, but I know the basics and am trying out temp root first. I had 1 question about temp root. We can't install custom ROMs with temp root, right? Because you have to reboot the phone when installing them. What about if you use Rom Manager? Still can't install Roms? Would appreciate an answer. Thanks.

Edited by Wicked68

Guest warrior1
I'm new to the rooting process, but I know the basics and am trying out temp root first. I had 1 question about temp root. We can't install custom ROMs with temp root, right? Because you have to reboot the phone when installing them. What about if you use Rom Manager? Still can't install Roms? Would appreciate an answer. Thanks.

I maybe wrong but you can put a new rom on but if the phone gets re-booted you will loose the rom as it switches back to the stock rom buy default, hense the "temp" root.

Maybe some0ne will prove me right/wrong!

Hello!

I have Desire HD for two months now, all was fine expept last week, wi-fi stopped working.. i read a lot of forums and it seems deleting one system file may solve the problem, so I wanted to perform temp rooting, delete the file and be happy again.

I installed VISIOnary+ r14 on my factory resetted device, enabled USB debugging and tried to perform temp root. It says something like "performing rooting" displaying yellow icon.. few seconds after it disappers.. black screen and task panel (clocks, signal level) is only visible.. I waited about 15 minutes and nothing was changed, next thing I tried was an attempt to do temp root on boot - same result.

Sorry for bad english -.-

Can anyone help please?

Guest mulle78

PERMROOT is not working with Visionary+ r14 on my desire, only temproot works perfectly. And also temproot at boot don't works. I've also problems to permroot with unrevoked.

BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-0.93.0001

MICROP-051d

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101

But the Erasesize is 20000 and not 40000.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...583&page=31

Has anybody an idea for this problem? I'm not able to install persistent a recovery system and also not able to flash a custom rom.

Edited by mulle78

Guest ryzomd301

HELP...HELP....HELP.....PLEASE HELP

I have the T-mobile G2 and I did an over the air upgrade in December of 2010, ever since then the only version of VISIONARY that work on my phone was "Visionary R7" I have search all over the web trying to find the "Visionary R7" so far I have yet to find it...that is why I am posting on this forum......By the way I have tried the latest version of Visionary "R14" but it doesn't work, I have also tried Visionary "R3" "R11" "R12" and "13" and they all don't work on my OTA upgraded T-mobile G2....

So if anyone know where I can download "Visionary R7" please let me know...

Or

If someone know of a way to either Temporary or permanently root the G2 without Visionary please let me know as well

Thanks so much for your kind help......

Edited by ryzomd301