19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

I haven't tried visionary on my Desire, but I think it would probably fail due to the same reasons unrevoked fails for me. I recently had a mainboard swap due to the navigation / reboot issue. Before the swap unrevoked worked flawlessly. Now, unrevoked tells me 'Validation Error: Backup CID is missing'. Something to do with misc.img ?

Guest phunkycow

I must be blind... Am I the only one not being able to see the link for Visionary in the first post? :rolleyes:

Edit: NVM, apparently it's blocked as I'm at work; that's why i can't see it.

Edited by phunkycow

Guest removed-14
Paul,

I haven't tried visionary on my Desire, but I think it would probably fail due to the same reasons unrevoked fails for me. I recently had a mainboard swap due to the navigation / reboot issue. Before the swap unrevoked worked flawlessly. Now, unrevoked tells me 'Validation Error: Backup CID is missing'. Something to do with misc.img ?

As Paul isn't answering my questions I take it from what you have said that it is unlikely this will be working any time soon.

r12 test version online! :rolleyes:

P

Changelog

r12 [test version]

• Temproot is now the default
  • Added option to try to Permroot (test on Desire HD, Desire Z and G2)
  • After permroot, required kernel module is placed in /data/local for your convenience
  • Added option to unroot
  • Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot - you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF.

Guest mohit1234

i have the r10 version of visionary right now

so do i need to uninstall it b4 installing r12 or can i install r12 over it??

is the r12 working or is it still unstable?

Guest phateless
VISIONary.png
VISIONary (so named since we're playing with the HTC Vision here right? :rolleyes:) is an application you install on your device which gives you an icon in your launcher.
  • Click the icon (or have it run on boot!)
  • Rooted.

There is another little nicety in there too, in that when the root is finished, VISIONary optionally launches /data/local/visionary.sh (if it exists), so if you have any stuff you want to happen every time you root, put it in there!

Update: VISIONary has been suspended from the Android Market (oops!), so you need to download it below. For version integrity and usage tracking, please do NOT mirror this elsewhere.

• r11 (current stable version) - DOWNLOAD
    • r12 (test version - see changelog below for details) - DOWNLOAD

USB DEBUGGING MUST BE ENABLED FOR VISIONARY TO WORK!

Finally, if you would like to support VISIONary (and other MoDaCo work), please consider signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free / MoDaCo Plus account.

Enjoy!

P

do we know if R12 works on MT4G (Glacier)?

Guest gwanatu

Perm root not working for my G2. I tried it 3 times. I temp rooted before perm rooting, and temp root has always worked fine. Do I need to do anything else that I'm missing?

Guest Xeroproject
Perm root not working for my G2. I tried it 3 times. I temp rooted before perm rooting, and temp root has always worked fine. Do I need to do anything else that I'm missing?

Same here.

Temp root->Perm root->reboot and I don't have root on reboot, which I'm not sure if I should or not, so I don't really want to go forward and possibly brick a phone because I don't have enough info.

Guest Xeroproject

Paul, assuming I can get this working (following the guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833965 ). Is there a paypal or something I can drop you a token of appreciation come payday?

As for whatever issue is going on, I checked my data/local via root explorer and it doesn't seem to be copying the files over on my G2.

-edit-

Seems 5th times a charm? Now showing wpthis-lovinglymadeforyoubymodaco.ko in data/local, but no copy of the hboot-eng.img as Unforgiven suggests should be there. I'm going to assume he's wrong and that needs to be dropped manually in data/local

Edited by Xeroproject

Guest Ashtear

Ok guys, I find myself in a most peculiar situation.

I installed VISIONary+, and I already had VISIONary, the one from the market. Now, the market one was working just fine, temproot working wonderfully, allowing me to use SetCPU and Titanium Backup.

Yet then I installed the new one, told it to try Permroot. It rebooted just fine. But now, everytime an app tries to get root, it can't, and VISIONary says I'm already rooted. Yet both SetCPU and Titanium Backup say they can't get superuser permissions.

Any ideas about this?

Guest lambshank

Has any one else had trouble with this (R12) on DHD? when I click attempt to permroot nothing happens? i wonder if it has anything to do with me attempting to root using the method released yesterday. where I gave up half way through when i heard about visionary releasing 1 click root today? any help most appreciated.

I have tried a factory reset also to no avail.

Guest GodDriven

CONFIRMED! CONFIRMED!

r12 Works on the MyTouch 4G.. Without a flaw..

Now.. please wait until @gankin from XDA and Paul communicate to have the bits and peices needed to make it official so we can have a App for the Touch baked.. :huh: (Please Paul)

I just wanted to take the plunge, as I always do.. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Guest philicibine
Ok guys, I find myself in a most peculiar situation.

I installed VISIONary+, and I already had VISIONary, the one from the market. Now, the market one was working just fine, temproot working wonderfully, allowing me to use SetCPU and Titanium Backup.

Yet then I installed the new one, told it to try Permroot. It rebooted just fine. But now, everytime an app tries to get root, it can't, and VISIONary says I'm already rooted. Yet both SetCPU and Titanium Backup say they can't get superuser permissions.

Any ideas about this?

Having same issue here.... tried factory reset.. now superuser app is gone, and nothing can get superuser permissions??

going to run an ruu and retry

edit: desireZ btw :rolleyes:

Edited by philicibine

Guest gwanatu

Perm root refuses to work here. I tried with the r/w setting on as well when temp rooting and perm root still doesn't work (don't know if that would have any effect anyway).