19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shoggot
Ok guys, I find myself in a most peculiar situation.

I installed VISIONary+, and I already had VISIONary, the one from the market. Now, the market one was working just fine, temproot working wonderfully, allowing me to use SetCPU and Titanium Backup.

Yet then I installed the new one, told it to try Permroot. It rebooted just fine. But now, everytime an app tries to get root, it can't, and VISIONary says I'm already rooted. Yet both SetCPU and Titanium Backup say they can't get superuser permissions.

Any ideas about this?

Same situation here. Tmob-G2, was temprooted via Visionary, installed Visionary+, ran permaroot, rebooted, no root love anymore. Attempts to temproot via Visionary or Visionary+ result in 'Your device is already rooted'. Unroot option does nothing. Permaroot option now does nothing. Nothing can get root. Temproot on reboot does nothing.

Guest shoggot
Try installing the 'Superuser' app from the Market if it's not in your launcher.

P

It is. Used it to forget settings for setcpu and gscript. Still couldn't get a su perms dialog to come up for setcpu or gscript.

Edit: Any way to clear it from thinking it has root? If I could re-temproot via old Visionary, I'd be better off.

Edited by shoggot

It is. Used it to forget settings for setcpu and gscript. Still couldn't get a su perms dialog to come up for setcpu or gscript.

Edit: Any way to clear it from thinking it has root? If I could re-temproot via old Visionary, I'd be better off.

The 'root check' is looking for /system/xbin/su...

P

Guest shoggot
The 'root check' is looking for /system/xbin/su...

P

That was installed by visionary+, based on the date, 777 as root:root. When I ran permroot, I was already temprooted, so I guess that makes sense. Also means I can't mv it or rm it. So I think I'm stuck until the next release.

That was installed by visionary+, based on the date, 777 as root:root. When I ran permroot, I was already temprooted, so I guess that makes sense. Also means I can't mv it or rm it. So I think I'm stuck until the next release.

Temproot again using the r13 posted above, then try again.

P

Guest philicibine
philicibine - I've removed the 'already rooted' check in this version - try this - http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/com.mod...aryplus.r13.apk

P

Tried.... thanks 4 getting back so quick!

Temproot worked second time over.... first time just went to black screen... now rebooting from permroot

will try su now

edit: working... thanks! su in terminal now works... thanks

Now for S-OFF..... dont suppose u have an eng-hboot paul???

Edited by philicibine

Guest shoggot

r13 gave me back temproot, thanks.

EDIT: and I tried permroot again... And it worked. Which seems counterintuitive, if all you did is remove the root check?

Edited by shoggot

Guest Ashtear

by the way, with the whole "not rooted can't root" issue, when I try to run su it says "must be suid to work properly". running suid returns "permission denied". Gonna try the r13 now, see what happens...

UPDATE: and I've got temp-root again. Now, what am I supposed to do, attempt permroot, and when it comes up, flash the hboot?

Edited by Ashtear

Guest Zeus1022

I am using r13 and doesnt seem to be rooting the G2

All boxes unticked

Ran temp root

Ran Perm-root

Reboots

Terminal $su

Permission denied

Is there more to this then just what i did??

I did NOT install HBoot.

Trying to root without messing around with the HBoot

TIA

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Guest lambshank
Has any one else had trouble with this (R12) on DHD? when I click attempt to permroot nothing happens? i wonder if it has anything to do with me attempting to root using the method released yesterday. where I gave up half way through when i heard about visionary releasing 1 click root today? any help most appreciated.

I have tried a factory reset also to no avail.

Ok slightly more joy with R13 it is asking for superuser permission when clicking permroot and it is rebooting. However...... Ive still got S-on in the bootloader?????

Guest DrLabRatOry

Everything appeared to go according to plan; temproot, attempt permroot, asks for permission, then reboots. Except now I'm one of the people with "boot problems." Stuck on the Green HTC logo, never recovers. Any suggestions? I have recovery mode, and fastboot works. I tried reflashing pc10img.zip using fastboot, but am getting "FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)" Anyone have a link to a properly signed ROM?

Guest Zeus1022
Everything appeared to go according to plan; temproot, attempt permroot, asks for permission, then reboots. Except now I'm one of the people with "boot problems." Stuck on the Green HTC logo, never recovers. Any suggestions? I have recovery mode, and fastboot works. I tried reflashing pc10img.zip using fastboot, but am getting "FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)" Anyone have a link to a properly signed ROM?

If you place the zip in root of the card, reboot in bootloader and the phone should apply it.

Edited by Zeus1022

Guest Dazweeja
Ok slightly more joy with R13 it is asking for superuser permission when clicking permroot and it is rebooting. However...... Ive still got S-on in the bootloader?????

From the changelog for r12 (post #2 in this thread):

"Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot - you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF."

Guest mohit1234
"Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot - you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF."

how do i do the hboot thing??

plz cud u gve me a short walkthrough

thnx

Guest removed-14
I do plan to look at VISIONary support for the Desire etc., but the NAND lock is gonna be an issue!

P

Thanks Paul. Good to know us Desire owners have not been forgotten about!

I downloaded the app (r11) from the download link in the first post, it is on my SD card. I then downloaded app installer and upon clicking on the downloaded apk file, it gives an error:

Parse Error There is a problem parsing the package

Any thoughts?

False alarm and to answer this poster's question:

Hmm. "Can't parse the package"? after downloading r12 test...

Perhaps this is just me, but I downloaded the apk by following the download link straight from my phone. I ended up mounting my phone on my computer and removed the apk, downloaded it from my computer and then dropped it back onto the SD card. Ran it fine from there.

Then I reopened the app (after rooting) and unchecked "root on reboot" and I rebooted. I believe I am still rooted because I can take a screen shot (lame I know). Is there any other way to tell? Also, how does one know whether or not they're on a perm root?

Edited by Paul

Guest t3chDzyn

First off, thanks for all the work that's gone into this!

I'm having problems getting the permroot. Here's all the details I think you'll need:

T-Mo G2, I have the OTA update but I did the manual flash instead of waiting for it to come OTA

I was using an old version is Visionary to get the temp root, I think it was R2.

I got the R12, did temproot, did permroot. Reboot, nothing.

I uninstalled both R2 and R12, uninstalled Super User, reinstalled just R12. Temproot, permroot, reboot... still nothing.

I've uninstalled both R12 and SU a good half dozen times, trying different combos of temproot, reboot, then temp and perm.

I've also tried the R13 version, still nothing. Temproot is working just fine, but the permroot just doesn't take.

Am I doing something wrong?

First off, thanks for all the work that's gone into this!

I'm having problems getting the permroot. Here's all the details I think you'll need:

T-Mo G2, I have the OTA update but I did the manual flash instead of waiting for it to come OTA

I was using an old version is Visionary to get the temp root, I think it was R2.

I got the R12, did temproot, did permroot. Reboot, nothing.

I uninstalled both R2 and R12, uninstalled Super User, reinstalled just R12. Temproot, permroot, reboot... still nothing.

I've uninstalled both R12 and SU a good half dozen times, trying different combos of temproot, reboot, then temp and perm.

I've also tried the R13 version, still nothing. Temproot is working just fine, but the permroot just doesn't take.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am in the same situation, any solutions pro ? Thanks