HDC HD7 availability

Guest The_Undertaker

Guest The_Undertaker

Hi,

Am trying to get my hands on one of these for the 21st but everyone I speak to at O2 doesn't know much about it which isn't so good for MS or HTC.

The first guy I spoke to at O2 customer services tried telling me about the Noka N8 and the Sony X whatever it is :)

I tried ringing a few local stores today and some said 'yeah, we may have it later in the month but can't confirm' and others said 'yeah, don't know if or when we're getting it'

Any better ideas on where to get it for the 21st?

TIA,

The_Undertaker

Guest VulakAerr
I've had the same issue, no one seems to be listing them so It's either a a mass release on the 21st or there is a stock issue.

I find this really strange. Everyone I spoke to at Orange made a big deal of it. They've been sent on sales training for the device and everything. Why aren't other carriers doing the same?

Guest jmoney2000
I find this really strange. Everyone I spoke to at Orange made a big deal of it. They've been sent on sales training for the device and everything. Why aren't other carriers doing the same?

yeah called carphonewarehouse and they said not til November.

not sure why. just saw a double decker bus that had a big promo.

in UK til end of week. Hoping it comes out.

anybody know of good place to get it off contract? or only o2 will get it?

also wanted to know if it will work on tmobile 3g frequencies in US.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
The HD7 is an O2 exclusive, and should be available from today!

P

I rang around a few stores, after insisiting they checked their computer if the person hadn't heard of it the small branches got none, larger branches near me got 2 each yesterday. 5 days delivery leadtime on the website.

For those wanting to unlock - none of the logs server guys have got any unlock codes yet but when they do it'll be £30 for an unlock code. Contract / payg stock is the same with a flyer inside to tell you how to change apn for payg, and they are locked to o2 but have settings for Tesco, giffgaff, and a couple other o2 MVNO's.

m.s

yeah called carphonewarehouse and they said not til November.

not sure why. just saw a double decker bus that had a big promo.

in UK til end of week. Hoping it comes out.

anybody know of good place to get it off contract? or only o2 will get it?

also wanted to know if it will work on tmobile 3g frequencies in US.

Ring a few shops near you but you'll struggle for an unlock code just yet.

http://o2.asymmetry.co.uk/

Tmobile USA uses 1700/2100 for 3G.

o2 uk uses 2100 for 3G.

HTC give the specs as:

HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

So it'll work where t-mobile have a 2100 freq 3g network once you unlock it.

HTH.

M.S

so i got my HD7 today.. i called 4 shops and only i had it in stock in my area... and they got 2 delivered..lol

Yeah, way to go o2 / microsoft for a high profile launch huh? Apple and their hypemachine / fanbois must be quaking in their boots... how many iphone 4's do you think were sold in the months leading up to the handset being availble through 'pre-orders' and the resultant hype? Probably more than the HD7 will ever sell in total :-(

iphone 4's were unavailable on launch day due to overwhelming demand. HD7's are unavailable due to overwhelming apathy and the stores that do have them receiving 2 units to sell.

Where's this big budget launch microsoft / others touted in the press?.....

M.S

Guest Kiwi Dave
Yeah, way to go o2 / microsoft for a high profile launch huh? Apple and their hypemachine / fanbois must be quaking in their boots... how many iphone 4's do you think were sold in the months leading up to the handset being availble through 'pre-orders' and the resultant hype? Probably more than the HD7 will ever sell in total :-(

iphone 4's were unavailable on launch day due to overwhelming demand. HD7's are unavailable due to overwhelming apathy and the stores that do have them receiving 2 units to sell.

Where's this big budget launch microsoft / others touted in the press?.....

M.S

from what I've heard this is more an issue with the supply from HTC, rather than anything either O2 or Microsoft have control over.

Looks to be europe wide, I know there are supply issues in Ireland as well as the UK.

from what I've heard this is more an issue with the supply from HTC, rather than anything either O2 or Microsoft have control over.

Looks to be europe wide, I know there are supply issues in Ireland as well as the UK.

No launch point of sale from o2, complete lack of advertising from microsoft.... I only knew it was out as I've been checking - contrast that with all the news items, print articles , blogs, and advertising for the iphone 4 launch!

Device supply down to HTC is fair enough but they aren't the only ones launching handsets today, and I have a feeling there's a mountain in a warehouse somewhere ( trying to decode my seriel using the hex convert method hasn't worked to give me a build date). Lack of PR is a microsoft/HTC/o2 issue ( in that order), lack of training/knowledge instore is down to o2/microsoft. The store I bought from had 2 at 9am and 2 when I walked in to buy one at lunchtime. That isn't down to a supply issue from HTC.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest BrumBrum74

So if I can find someone to buy this as Pay and Go I can get it for £380 in the UK and unlock cost $25US?

Sounds like a great deal. Just want to make sure unlock works first.

So if I can find someone to buy this as Pay and Go I can get it for £380 in the UK and unlock cost $25US?

Sounds like a great deal. Just want to make sure unlock works first.

You'll need to buy the phone @ £379, plus top up the payg sim for £10 (which will only work for calls etc and is non refundable or transferrable) then unlock it for another £16 or so making £405.

The unlock works fine - I have done it and have used t-mobile in my HD7.

M.S

Guest dealerstealer
You'll need to buy the phone @ £379, plus top up the payg sim for £10 (which will only work for calls etc and is non refundable or transferrable) then unlock it for another £16 or so making £405.

The unlock works fine - I have done it and have used t-mobile in my HD7.

M.S

if the phone is bought online or over the phone do DO NOT need to top up the payg sim, saving you £10! you only have to pay £10 when you buy the handset on payg INSTORE,

hopes this helps a few!

Guest awarner

I chased up my order yesterday after getting an order confirmation to then be told it is out of stock but we have taken your money thank you very much.

Not happy as I had to go through three different departments and four people and finally a supervisor before I could speak to somone who actually knew what they were talking about regarding the order. One operator even tried to tell me there was a delay because I was porting my number, which I had never agreed to in the first place. Fortunately they were wrong and no porting is taking place.

Guest awarner

Forgot to add, SIM free (in other words they sell it to existing customers) they have plenty of stock in aparently, even though it's the same device box that ships as the SIM card is in a seperate packet from what I am led to believe.

Guest colonel_butt
Any branding on the outside of the HD7? Saying O2 on it?

no

only splash screen on boot and O2 theme

when you unlock, the connection setup asks for your provider, then sets up automatically