Which ROM?

Guest Jay3gsm

Guest Jay3gsm

I recently changed my Desire to a stock Android ROM, worked well, exactly as I wanted. But now I'm selling the phone, so need to stick it back to the original HTC ROM. Last time I did this all I needed to do was stick the serial number in on the HTC website (resetting a Hero) and it gave me the right ROM. Doesn't seem that easy now. I've found a place to download a HTC ROM, but I'm not sure which I should get. I think this Desire was originally on Voda, although there was absolutely no branding on it, anywhere.

The serial number is ht04rpl01184, is there any place that can confirm the correct ROM that anyone here knows of? Tried a Google search, not much joy this time. I'm just wondering if this was a Voda device, will it only take the Voda version, or will the generic Desire ROM work? I'm guessing as it's the official ROM, it needs to be the right version?

Many thanks

Jay

Serial number is irrelevent, was it branded when you got it or was it on generic FW?

EDIT: You say Vodafone, did it have a Vodafone splash screen when you first turned it on? If so, you'll need the Vodafone RUU file. What HBOOT are you on at present?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Jay3gsm

There was definitely no Voda splash screen, it was a HTC screen, which makes me think it is a generic firmware, the only Voda thing I recall seeing was a Vodafone Scene option, other than that, nothing. Current HBoot is 0.93.0001

I guess if I download a generic GSM Desire RUU and it isn't the right one, it will just refuse to load?