ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Universa androot works, but the busybox installer from the market doesn't. After androoting install Titanium Backup and use that to install busybox from the Problems menu.

Has anyone noticed any impact on battery life?

not yet,but i turn off data when not in use.i get about 5 days out of the battery on r4 rom.took about 5 full charges of the battery to get full output.angry birds kills battery power tho.. :P

Guest BigD18t

Lovely Rom, and great for an alpha build, the market wont let me download apps which is anoying as i cant really go any further with it, hopefully a cure for that soon.

Anyone got any Linpack scores yet? Want to know how it compares to stock 2.1

i got 7.294 mflops,11.49 secs,norm res 5.68

but never did it on 2.1,so cant comment....

Guest birdibird

Really amazing rom, I'm very very impressed.

Everything is working, restored my apps, changed density back to 240 with LCDDensity.

Beautiful rom, and fast!!!

Kudos to all who worked on this

:P :D

Edited by birdibird

Guest magicpork
That's because the chinese don't need it :P

(sorry couldn't help myself)

lol cant agree more..those chinese in my class can do maths quicker than i use calculator!

good jobs guys! gonna test it tonight

Guest dadashi

can't I just do an update without wiping everything away?

I'm going to hate installing everything again....

AND, do we finally get flash in the browser?

Edited by dadashi

Guest challengedavid

had a quick play with this earlier, looks nice and very fast

but restored r4 as i think the alpha build is good but i want maybe a r2 or r3 before full time install

very impressed all the same, keep up the good work!!!

Edited by challengedavid

Awesome, just rewiped and reflashed the ROM and everything seems to be working, including the Market.

Was just wondering though, when trying to change the LCD Density using the afore mentioned App, it says it cant continue do to my device not being rooted.

I think I have read earlier on in the post that there is something wrong with Root on this ROM, which is fair enough, its Alpha.

Just wondering, would anyone be able to guide me with regards to getting a functioning Root on this ROM as I intend to use this ROM fulltime.

Thanks. :P

Guest zerosignull

Stephen, did u add the wipe commands to the install script for Clockwork recovery? I think this is what Paul has done in his newer scripts to clear out the partitions before more stuff is installed onto them.

Awesome, just rewiped and reflashed the ROM and everything seems to be working, including the Market.

Was just wondering though, when trying to change the LCD Density using the afore mentioned App, it says it cant continue do to my device not being rooted.

I think I have read earlier on in the post that there is something wrong with Root on this ROM, which is fair enough, its Alpha.

Just wondering, would anyone be able to guide me with regards to getting a functioning Root on this ROM as I intend to use this ROM fulltime.

Thanks. :P

download universal androot(1.6.2 beta worked for me) and superuser perms.run superuser and click problems,to download buzybox.worked a treat here :D

Guest Ashenfall

'Download unsuccessful' when I try to install things via the Market - shame :P

Wonder what the common pattern is - for example, my Google account is a @gmail.com, from before they switched to googlemail.com in the UK (now other people can switch to gmail.com though).

EDIT: also noticed it's missing 'Clock', which I've been using for alarms).

(and many thanks for your work on this, as well as other devs who have looked into getting it working).

Edited by Ashenfall

Guest ritterkeks

really good work, I didn't think it would work so fast. :P

like my previous speakers, I want to wait with flashing until the first problems are sorted out. so thank you to all alpha-testers.

but please open a new thread for each alpha n (and then hopefully beta)

so that we can follow the progress and can track problems without reading exp(3*n) pages...

Guest tiggerlator

@ ashenfall-Check if you are signed into gtalk, i think its been mentiond that this has something to do with market.

Edited by tiggerlator

Guest BigD18t
@ ashenfall-Check if you are signed into gtalk, i think its been mentiond that this has something to do with market.

i cant sign into my google acount at all for now, so it wont sign into talk either.