Is there a problem with the market?

Guest feckineejit

Guest shpal

Are there market problems again or is it me. Just got back from holiday and there are 8 apps with updates but whenI try to update I get the message "download unsuccessful". Also unable to install any new apps - just the the same message. Thanks.

Guest m_w_clarke
Are there market problems again or is it me. Just got back from holiday and there are 8 apps with updates but whenI try to update I get the message "download unsuccessful". Also unable to install any new apps - just the the same message. Thanks.

Funny you should say that. I havent, but my mate at work has. It started at the beginning of the week with him.

He has an HTC Hero, with 2.2.

We have both tried everything, apart from factory reset, to get it back working. This includes;

Clearing market cache

Clearing market cache + data

Clearing all Google apps cache + data

Trying to force update his market (he has an older version, that hasnt updated to the new for some reason) - this failed

Force removing Market, with Titanium, and then adding back again

All these failed.

The ONLY thing we can now think of is that there is something wrong with his google account, linked to it. But we cant remove and add it again without a factory reset (according to "account & sync")

Guest shpal
Funny you should say that. I havent, but my mate at work has. It started at the beginning of the week with him.

He has an HTC Hero, with 2.2.

We have both tried everything, apart from factory reset, to get it back working. This includes;

Clearing market cache

Clearing market cache + data

Clearing all Google apps cache + data

Trying to force update his market (he has an older version, that hasnt updated to the new for some reason) - this failed

Force removing Market, with Titanium, and then adding back again

All these failed.

The ONLY thing we can now think of is that there is something wrong with his google account, linked to it. But we cant remove and add it again without a factory reset (according to "account & sync")

Hmmm, I'll try all these too, so far I have only done the first two. I'd rather not lose everything with a factory update but there is little point in having the phone if I can't use the market.

Guest m_w_clarke
Hmmm, I'll try all these too, so far I have only done the first two. I'd rather not lose everything with a factory update but there is little point in having the phone if I can't use the market.

Problem sorted for my mate at least.

He fixed the issue by changing his Google password on a PC, and then trying again on his phone. When his phone complained the password was wrong (when accessing the Market) and he input his new password, and all was well.

Still, its all a bit weird.

Guest shpal
Problem sorted for my mate at least.

He fixed the issue by changing his Google password on a PC, and then trying again on his phone. When his phone complained the password was wrong (when accessing the Market) and he input his new password, and all was well.

Still, its all a bit weird.

Mine is even more weird...having tried everything suggested to no avail, I lost my temper and, trying to download the google maps update for the hundredth time, I jabbed at the screen with an angry finger and shorted "download, damn you, download"....and IT DID! All seems fine now - no idea why...