This has never been answered when people ask

Guest muneshyne21

Guest muneshyne21

Is there a shortcut to the phone contact favorites? I would be nice if I can link a button or home screen widget to contact favorites. Right now it takes an extra 2 clicks to get to this folder. SPB ms has a button that links to it.

Guest amdzero
Is there a shortcut to the phone contact favorites? I would be nice if I can link a button or home screen widget to contact favorites. Right now it takes an extra 2 clicks to get to this folder. SPB ms has a button that links to it.

assuming you are referring to samsung contacts, then you might try some extensions with SECContact.exe

Guest muneshyne21
assuming you are referring to samsung contacts, then you might try some extensions with SECContact.exe

That gets me to the general contacts but what about just the "favorites" tab? Im not an expert when it comes to tinkering with the innards of my phone. I've been fortunate enough to have pro's like you provide CABS, links or extension names to accomplish what I need for my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
Guest amdzero
See what I mean? I guess its either not possible or a simple solution. I wonder how SPB MS did it?

Does MS use samsung favorites, or do you have to set up favorites for MS?

Guest dumfone
See what I mean? I guess its either not possible or a simple solution. I wonder how SPB MS did it?

Or multiple solutions to a vague inquiry. More information may help, like where do you want/need this shortcut to be? What are you running? What about your today screen? If you are using Titanium you can use Atfave (spelling) plugin. If this is an option for you I shold have something on my phone I can upload. There A few apps that can give you the shortcut your looking for I believe. Reso Contact probably does to give an example.

hope that helps answer some of the question.

Guest muneshyne21
Or multiple solutions to a vague inquiry. More information may help, like where do you want/need this shortcut to be? What are you running? What about your today screen? If you are using Titanium you can use Atfave (spelling) plugin. If this is an option for you I shold have something on my phone I can upload. There A few apps that can give you the shortcut your looking for I believe. Reso Contact probably does to give an example.

hope that helps answer some of the question.

Thats very true. I wasn't being very explicit about my intentions. Sorry about that B)

Im using the iphone today plug in. Like SPB MS and other UI app shortcuts that can be added to the today screen, I have to specify the program execution extension, as well as an icon and name. All the major programs are either listed in the start menu or general windows directory. Unfortunately the favorites tab in the SECContact.exe program and the samsung phone dialer isnt an isolated file that I can connect my shortcut to. I looked all over for it. I even typed in SECContact.exe\favorites and other similar wordings to the shortcut to no avail.

Guest xlightwaverx

Try "\SECContact.exe,1" ,2 ,3 and so on.

X

Thats very true. I wasn't being very explicit about my intentions. Sorry about that B)

Im using the iphone today plug in. Like SPB MS and other UI app shortcuts that can be added to the today screen, I have to specify the program execution extension, as well as an icon and name. All the major programs are either listed in the start menu or general windows directory. Unfortunately the favorites tab in the SECContact.exe program and the samsung phone dialer isnt an isolated file that I can connect my shortcut to. I looked all over for it. I even typed in SECContact.exe\favorites and other similar wordings to the shortcut to no avail.

Guest muneshyne21
Try "\SECContact.exe,1" ,2 ,3 and so on.

X

No luck on \windows\SECContact.exe,1 thru 4. Damn, thought that would work

Also to answer your question amdzero, I think the favorites is a samsung add-on. Its not an option in the windows contact interface

Guest amdzero
No luck on \windows\SECContact.exe,1 thru 4. Damn, thought that would work

Also to answer your question amdzero, I think the favorites is a samsung add-on. Its not an option in the windows contact interface

Well if you can't find and answer, I may be able to create an exe/shortcut combo that gets you to samsung favorites. It won't be pretty but I think I can piece something together.

Let me know if you still need this.

Guest muneshyne21
Well if you can't find and answer, I may be able to create an exe/shortcut combo that gets you to samsung favorites. It won't be pretty but I think I can piece something together.

Thanks AMDzero! It would be much appreciated. This isnt a life or death situation so get to it when you can get to it. No rush

Guest xlightwaverx

There is no call to that EXE in the entire ROM that has any sub commands.

X

Guest muneshyne21
Well its sloppy, but it will get the job done:

AMDZero_Samsung_Favorites.cab

The extension didnt seem to work. I installed the cab to my Device. When I use the extension it says

"There is no application associated with 'secfav'. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"

Edited by muneshyne21

Guest amdzero
The extension didnt seem to work. I installed the cab to my Device. When I use the extension it says

"There is no application associated with 'secfav'. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"

My cab needs mortscript in order to work, if you don't have it install it FIRST, then install (or re-install) the secfav cab.

http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/mortscri...tScript-4.2.zip

Guest muneshyne21
My cab needs mortscript in order to work, if you don't have it install it FIRST, then install (or re-install) the secfav cab.

http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/mortscri...tScript-4.2.zip

Tell me if I'm a complete idiot but it didn't work for me B)

I installed the mortscript SP cab then intalled your cab. Samsung Favorites showed up in my program list. I linked a shortcut to it. When I click on the icon it sends me to the general samsung contacts menu. Now what did I do wrong?

Guest amdzero
Tell me if I'm a complete idiot but it didn't work for me B)

I installed the mortscript SP cab then intalled your cab. Samsung Favorites showed up in my program list. I linked a shortcut to it. When I click on the icon it sends me to the general samsung contacts menu. Now what did I do wrong?

its supposed to send a link to favorites AFTER opening samsung contacts. Does it not?

Guest muneshyne21
its supposed to send a link to favorites AFTER opening samsung contacts. Does it not?

It does not. I installed mortscript SP (for smartphones) to my Device and your cab to my device. When I click on your "Samsung Favorites" it brings me to the Samsung Contacts page.

Guest nvrmind
It does not. I installed mortscript SP (for smartphones) to my Device and your cab to my device. When I click on your "Samsung Favorites" it brings me to the Samsung Contacts page.

I think you need to install the one for PPC (pocket pc). Smartphone version is usually for non-touchscreens.

Guest muneshyne21
I think you need to install the one for PPC (pocket pc). Smartphone version is usually for non-touchscreens.

That did the trick! Thanks AMDZero and nvrmind B) ! Now I see what you mean by sloppy but hey it gets the job done :)