LG 2.1 update in uk

Guest SuperShaq

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Ok so guys, is the 2.1 update available in the UK or not? Am so confused by this "flash" talk and "baltic rom". I aint into phone tech loool

There's a vodaphone branded rom, but nothing else yet..

Guest SuperShaq
There's a vodaphone branded rom, but nothing else yet..

Well my phones unlocked, so if I put a vodaphone sim in, will I get the update? And is it worth it, I mean does it have a lot of bugs?

Guest ilovelg
Well my phones unlocked, so if I put a vodaphone sim in, will I get the update? And is it worth it, I mean does it have a lot of bugs?

No, you wont. You must have 1.6 Vodafone ROM to receive official upgrade, just use one of the guides here and flash it with vodafone 2.1, its really easy, trust me.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
No, you wont. You must have 1.6 Vodafone ROM to receive official upgrade, just use one of the guides here and flash it with vodafone 2.1, its really easy, trust me.

No, you don't.

You can flash any rom on any phone, if say it's 1.6 to 2.1, or 2.1 to another 2.1, but why go from unbranded to branded??

Guest Naujoks
No, you don't.

You can flash any rom on any phone, if say it's 1.6 to 2.1, or 2.1 to another 2.1, but why go from unbranded to branded??

If I go with the Vodafone upgrade, can I later go to an unbranded version?

Guest Carbonize

Yes Tesco has their own branding. Not sure but think they piggy back on the O2 network. They do have some great sim only 30 day rolling contracts though. Something like £15 a month for 300text, 200 mins and 500Megs of data.