28/Oct r4b gforums Custom Rom FroYo for ZTE blade (Alpha!)

Guest gforums

Brilliant ROM! Thanks for taking the time to include the various fixes - this is remarkably stable for an alpha build, my only issue is with the WiFi. Using a static ip and the phone just keeps saying "obtaining ip address" - possibly an issue with the ROM, but I will keep trying different things and post back when I get it fixed :)

Thanks again!

thanks for the 'new' froyo rom. Installed and running fine. Youtube will work also. Just remove it via rootexplorer and reboot, then download again via the market and all will be fine (well it worked on mine anyway). Unfortunately FM radio is still broke, but i understand this is due to the source where this rom was originally ported from, i'm sure a solution is not far off !.

thanks again.. :)

Guest bugeyes
thanks for the 'new' froyo rom. Installed and running fine. Youtube will work also. Just remove it via rootexplorer and reboot, then download again via the market and all will be fine (well it worked on mine anyway). Unfortunately FM radio is still broke, but i understand this is due to the source where this rom was originally ported from, i'm sure a solution is not far off !.

thanks again.. :)

hmmmn rootexplorer just force closes for me!?

Guest nicksoph
I am having a problem with the google talk app.

I would just check you have deleted all the data and cache and try again - it seems that the Google related services do not work if you log in first using wifi.

Guest Azurren
hmmmn rootexplorer just force closes for me!?

ES file explorer works fine (Free too)

Just be sure to enable root and mount system

Oh and reinstalling Youtube after a reboot worked for me too! Thanks!

Guest nicksoph
are the ppl who are able to get there google account running setting it up from 3g? I have no credit for 3g and im trying through wifi, sometimes i get a message to try and set it up through wifi even though im connected

I think this wont work without going thru 3g first - you can try using another sim but I suspect (without trying it) that once you put your original sim back you will encounter the same problem - I'd be interested to hear the result if you do try this.

Guest malooga

One problem I've got is the inability to download zip files using the default or skyfire browsers, I had no problems on th R4 rom. Anybody got any ideas?

Guest IronDoc
I think this wont work without going thru 3g first - you can try using another sim but I suspect (without trying it) that once you put your original sim back you will encounter the same problem - I'd be interested to hear the result if you do try this.

I think you can do it through wifi as long as 3g is turned on. This worked for me I think, though I'm not sure it was definitely using the wifi connection.

Guest danthetaliban

Any news on the calendar and the calendar widget guys? This is the main reason i'm not going to Froyo right now, i really need them.

edit: nevermind, just saw monkeyfeatures's post. I agree the OP needs updating.

I guess my final questions are, does Dialer still drain battery life? And can USB work without drivers (in time?), because it's useful to use as standard usb mass storage on other computers.

Edited by danthetaliban

Guest fishb00n

tried this rom yesterday, 9xx quadrant score. not bad. everything is pretty smooth.

tried to change vm heapsize with tool from market but force closes. i then ran universal androot as suggested in this thread for the root issues.

but i kept getting fcs for the vm heapsize tool. maybe its not compatble with froyo.

I looked into build.prop and saw that heapsize is set to 48mb. is this a good value?

thought 38 would be best?!

known bugs:

- youtube does not work. fix in next release!

easy fix as stated somewhere above my post. uninstall current youtube, then do a fresh install from market.

i tried to install flash 10.1 but sadly it didn't work.

now we need some small bugfixing. overclock (and maybe undervolt) kernel + 3d drivers from adreno 200 gpu + 1500mAh battery :)

and this phone would kick ass :)

Guest bugeyes
ES file explorer works fine (Free too)

Just be sure to enable root and mount system

Oh and reinstalling Youtube after a reboot worked for me too! Thanks!

Nice works a treat thanks!!!

Excellent work except cannot delete youtube apk as it says cannot delete! using ES explorer.

Sorry how do I root system, is it not already included in the ROM?

Also, fancy weather widget will not display the weather information such as the icon and NOLED does not download, any suggestions please?

Edited by Ash.UK

Guest Azurren
Excellent work except cannot delete youtube apk as it says cannot delete! using ES explorer.

Go into ES settings -> Root options -> and enable root explorer (HiAPK) and mount the system partition as writeable.

Delete the Youtube APK under "System, App" reboot and install from the market

(Oh and disable root on ES after.. Otherwise you won't be able to use ES to manage your SD card :))

Guest nicksoph

Also, fancy weather widget will not display the weather information such as the icon and NOLED does not download, any suggestions please?

I found that there seemed to be a problem with the rooting and needed to

Install and run Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5 from

http://blog.23corner.com/tag/universalandroot/

Not sure about the weather widget but it may be related to not being able to get a fix using using the mobile network.

As for not being able to download from Market - there is a problem with market at Google's end - it may be related - keep trying. I found that it often gets to the downloading screen and if I either wait long enough or cancel and retry a few times it has worked.

Guest shakerist

Tried using my mums who had some mb's left on her pay monthly still dnt work turned wifi off and still not working will try my dads one see if it makes a difference, i think its a gr8 build apart from the market problem im experiencing

Guest nicksoph
Tried using my mums who had some mb's left on her pay monthly still dnt work turned wifi off and still not working will try my dads one see if it makes a difference, i think its a gr8 build apart from the market problem im experiencing

I dont know if there may be a particular problem with your SF but the Market is very iffy at the moment. If you have tried several times and failed I would think about clearing the 2 caches and data and starting again. - Just make sure that the first time you type in your google account details for Talk you do so having turned off wifi and are using 3G.

Edit: before you try the reflashing you might try Factory data reset in Privacy settings and then going to Talk to set the account details - on 3G

Also at least start a Market download (and see data coming down) on 3G before turning on wifi

Edited by nicksoph

Guest peterc_drs
I dont know if there may be a particular problem with your SF but the Market is very iffy at the moment. If you have tried several times and failed I would think about clearing the 2 caches and data and starting again. - Just make sure that the first time you type in your google account details you do so having turned off wifi and are using 3G.

i seem to be able to connect to the market ok with 3g but wifi doesnt connect at all with any of these 2.2 builds for me, trys to connect then off then on ect

Guest shakerist

2 caches? the one in the clockworck recovery? where is the second one? Adding an account was no problem in the other 2.2 its just a problem on this rom, on the other one wifi or 3g didnt matter

Edited by shakerist

Guest nicksoph
2 caches? the one in the clockworck recovery? where is the second one?

wipe cache partition and in the advanced menu on clockwork mod - the Dalvic cache

Guest nicksoph
i seem to be able to connect to the market ok with 3g but wifi doesnt connect at all with any of these 2.2 builds for me, trys to connect then off then on ect

cant comment on the original alpha rom posted by Paul but this derivation of it seems to be good on wifi. It seems that on first setting up the account it is best to Turn off wifi ,go to GTalk rather than Gmail to be asked for your credentials and then to start a download on Market if this is done thru a 3G connection it will then work on wifi, whereas if this is done on wifi something stops the authorisation propagating to all the apps.

Edited by nicksoph

Guest shakerist
wipe cache partition and in the advanced menu on clockwork mod - the Dalvic cache

Thanks man cleared cache and it worked now to enjoy the goodies of this rom, did it using my dads sim with wifi off put my sim ins still works oh and the people who have done the utube fixes uninstall the app download again and reboot through clockwork or just turn phone on and off?

Guest shakerist
cant comment on the original alpha rom posted by Paul but this derivation of it seems to be good on wifi. It seems that on first setting up the account it is best to Turn off wifi ,go to GTalk rather than Gmail to be asked for your credentials and then to start a download on Market if this is done thru a 3G connection it will then work on wifi, whereas if this is done on wifi something stops the authorisation propagating to all the apps.

When i turn wifi off and turn it on again i get the no wifi connected icon and i have to go and munally connect through settings whereas in the other rom it was not like this but after the manual turning on it works fine