[ROM][GER/WWE][LITE] WM 6.5.3 Build 23145/23144

Guest Thunder141

Guest Thunder141

Take the 23144/23145 MSXIP Kernel found on mobileunderground to build my new german and english lite roms.

Details:

• WM 6.5.3 ported from msxipkernel 23144 0409 / 23145 0407 (thanks to mobileunderground)
  • removed sys: Windows Live, Widgets, Themes, Entertainment, IPSEC, Skybox (MyPhone), Skymarket (Marketplace), MSN, Autoupdate, Sample Music
  • all samsung apps removed except: settings (fixed) camera, sms-mms, volume control , phonebook, touch calendar, touch clock, xt9
  • added tools: advanced config 3.3, xTask, htc gsensor, chome refresh, chome editor, pim backup, regedit, wallpaper changer, autoclose patch, dotfred task manager, cleanRAM 2.5, mortscript, midomi, total commander 2.53b3
  • registry tweaks: old settings enabled, lowmem value, lockscreen disabled, dialer skin disabled, rotation mappable to key, ring delay, in call recording enabled
  • changed apps: opera mini 5.1, google maps 4.1.1, settings is fixed version
  • tweaks: pagepool 8 mb, wm6.1 gps driver used, start menu has four grids

Data Memory: About 250 MB

Cabs of my threads could be installed

Thx to Wes58 for his Kitchen Tools.

English: ROM (Mirror) / Cabs
    German: ROM (Updated 2010-11-05)/ Cabs

Fixed english version:
    Changes:
    • No text display while installing cabs (fixed)
    • New SMS or reply to SMS not possible (fixed)
    • Some adjustments to be equal to the german base

Fixed german version coming

Changes:

[*]Kernel is 23145 from October, 7th

[*]Popup Font size reduced

[*]xTask optimized

[*]Photo Album kept in rom

This is my favourite rom I use myself. It's stable and fast.

English version is reported to work good with actual sense cab 2019, too.

Thx to ajeshm

Decided to skip WWE 23145 and uploaded 28244. To be found for WWE here

XTASK0407.zip

Edited by Thunder141

Guest RockdRepublic

Hmmm don't take me badly my friend, but in my view, it seems your kind of competing with mr. Daskalos...

shortly after mr. Daskalos released his 23144 version, you quickly made your own version and quickly posted it as if it's urgent :P

Guest Thunder141

No. that's no competition.

I builded my port three days ago, tested it and now upload it. And my aim is to have a stable lite version both in german and in english based on an actual wm6.5 build.

Daskalos rom's are great, and i never want to be better. But I started to built german rom's cause that is my native language and some users asked me to make my builds in english, too, which I decided to do for the community.

I do not think either, that Daskalos has made his 23144 built, cause my built of 23140 was newer than his last, I think, that he has

a. fun in working with rom's and

b. wants to contribute to the community

In that two points we have the same incentive

And do not think, that rom building is "Oh, I want to make a new rom, so in 5 minutes it is done".

You yourself cooked rom's so you know, that with testing and modifying, it is a work to do. :D

Hmmm don't take me badly my friend, but in my view, it seems your kind of competing with mr. Daskalos...

shortly after mr. Daskalos released his 23144 version, you quickly made your own version and quickly posted it as if it's urgent :P

Edited by Thunder141

Guest Thunder141

First I made a german rom for myself. This one is what I modified and tested and use. Than I port the language to 0409. This build is based on my german version. I installed it, to see, if it boots and if it works. I do not test it like my german one, cause it's the same, just changed the language packages to 409.

So you mean you are currently using and testing this rom for 3days now :P

Guest RockdRepublic
First I made a german rom for myself. This one is what I modified and tested and use. Than I port the language to 0409. This build is based on my german version. I installed it, to see, if it boots and if it works. I do not test it like my german one, cause it's the same, just changed the language packages to 409.

So why uploading the English version, when you do have the German version already?

As far a I read the threads you always make a German Rom then after a while you make an english version of it....

But now you made an English version and uploaded it first, after some few hours that daskalos made an English full 23144 version...

Guest Thunder141

So I will tell you: The german version 23140 works good. The people who tested it have only minor bugs reported.

The english version is not as that satisfying until now. I do not know, why there are such differences, cause I tried to make both roms as near as possible. But I am not native english speaker and I am not a cooker for such a long time. So there might be a lack of experience.

So I build a new english version and tried to have less bugs. And cause I have the new kernel build then, I decided to make the english version with the new build. That's all.

You can think what you want but I want to say again: I am a fan of Daskalos work. He has made a great job for this community and I DO NOT WANT TO BEAT HIM or to compete with him.

No one forced you, to use my roms. And I will always give a try to a new daskalos rom, if it is interesting me. But since he has stopped to make german rom's I have tried to learn the cooking process for myself and from the point, when my roms are booting, I decided to let the community participate on my work.

So, if you think, you have something to say, that is really worthful, than post it, but otherwise: Let it Be

:P

And additional: The rom's are completely differnet. The only common is the build number of the kernel. So where do you see the competition. I think posting in such a way is "poor" and makes me angry. Cause the purpose of this community is not to blame on other users.

So why uploading the English version, when you do have the German version already?

As far a I read the threads you always make a German Rom then after a while you make an english version of it....

But now you made an English version and uploaded it first, after some few hours that daskalos made an English full 23144 version...

Edited by Thunder141

Guest JeroenFransen

I don't even understand why you would send this message to a cook. There's not to many of them to start with for our device so we should treat them with care. My experience is that the more cooks there are in a community, the bigger the chance that there's always an up to date ROM that suits your needs (or whims :-)).

So let's give a big thank you to Thunder141, to Daskalos (cooking for us even when he no longer has the device) and to m0o5 for creating an updated collections thread.

Regards, Jeroen

Guest RockdRepublic

Well don't get mad...if your not really competing, there's no need to get upset,especially if the intentions are good...

I just think that out of respect, knowing that daskalos made a 23144 version,you should have made and uploaded the German version first, before competing his rom with an English version too...

Well good luck to your roms .. If someday I'll learn how to cook roms, I'll hope to give service first before thinking of my pride

Guest Thunder141

I do not think of my pride. And again: I made a light rom, which has different intention than a full rom. And therefore I do not think that this competes to Daskalos. But the only way to find that out is to ask him, not me.

I think, that it is service to have cookers that give their work to the community. I do not want any paying for that, I make it, cause it is enjoying to have build something, that works.

And I'm not getting mad. But I do not know you, and first impression on your posting is that you want to make some discord. Might be wrong but it's my impression.

And I will go on with developing my rom's. But I will stay on the stable normal versions. No sense or something else. So my rom's are for those users, that want it that way.

But one thing was important for me: You can't get rid of something in a full rom. So I decided to make lite roms where you can decide, what to have.

Of cource, I do not manage to make an extra ultra lite rom, cause I am not such long in cooking. But I do not want that for me in my language, and for the english users, those experiment rom's from daskalos are the best to get here in the forum.

And this is my last word to this topic, cause I do not think, that that this is really important.

:P

Well don't get mad...if your not really competing, there's no need to get upset,especially if the intentions are good...

I just think that out of respect, knowing that daskalos made a 23144 version,you should have made and uploaded the German version first, before competing his rom with an English version too...

Well good luck to your roms .. If someday I'll learn how to cook roms, I'll hope to give service first before thinking of my pride

Guest Thunder141

You brought it to the point that counts.

Thanks

I don't even understand why you would send this message to a cook. There's not to many of them to start with for our device so we should treat them with care. My experience is that the more cooks there are in a community, the bigger the chance that there's always an up to date ROM that suits your needs (or whims :-)).

So let's give a big thank you to Thunder141, to Daskalos (cooking for us even when he no longer has the device) and to m0o5 for creating an updated collections thread.

Regards, Jeroen

Guest joecruz

seriously man, i just read the previous posts and i can't believe what i just read!! To RcokDrepublic: is this your first time using a winmo phone? Have you been to the i8000 forums or even over at xda-dev? Chefs are cooking roms with the same built and releasing them the same day as well and i'm sure it's not a matter of "competition" as you're stating. Chefs are cooking roms for their own (and ours) enjoyment and benefit and as thunder stated (and i'm sure daskalos would say the same thing) both roms are completely different beside from the same built number...I think it's a good thing that we have more chefs coming up for variety and more choices, no reason to say that they're "competing" against each other

Edited by joecruz

Guest jensingenbleek

Hallo Thunder

kleine frage hast du vielleicht das falsche rom hochgeladen??

post-644829-1288282329_thumb.jpg

wie du auf dem bild siehst hab ich da ne build 23568.5.3.10 und nicht 23144.5.3.10! ist das korrekt??

hab extra 3 mal geflash um zu gucken ob ich mich nicht vertan hab! Das sieht genau so aus wie deine 2 version von denem vorriegen projekt!!

Vielen dank im Vorraus!!

Gruß

Jens

Edited by jensingenbleek

Hey thunder, you are doing really a great job. But what I can suggest is that you can leave the third party programmes from cooking into the roms, because people have different choices in having these. Moreover newer versions of these programs if are to be installed create a little more clutter.

Incorporating base settings is really good!

I really appreciate your good work, keep it up.

Guest sener.balci
because people have different choices in having these. Moreover newer versions of these programs if are to be installed create a little more clutter.

I agree with you, but remembering the first discussion of this topic, Thunder141 is just putting what interest him the most.

I don't use at all Ttanium, nor Sence (unfortunately) because I really want to have a couple of Today application visible... But it is their choice and I try their ROM anyway... And some of apps are whose I am using (most of them).

For the rest... I just remove the link and I am happy.

Now, we can give them some ideas and I am pretty sure they will follow if that make sence to them as well...

Guest Thunder141

Samsung Info only shows the OEMKernel Build. Look at the old windows settings in Info (About). Like in my second screenshot. There you find the OEM Kernel Build (23568) and the MSXIPKernel Build (23144). The OEM Kernel is device specific and could only be changed with a newer stock rom of the device manufactorer.

Hallo Thunder

kleine frage hast du vielleicht das falsche rom hochgeladen??

post-644829-1288282329_thumb.jpg

wie du auf dem bild siehst hab ich da ne build 23568.5.3.10 und nicht 23144.5.3.10! ist das korrekt??

hab extra 3 mal geflash um zu gucken ob ich mich nicht vertan hab! Das sieht genau so aus wie deine 2 version von denem vorriegen projekt!!

Vielen dank im Vorraus!!

Gruß

Jens

Edited by Thunder141

Guest JeroenFransen

Hi Thunder

I just installed 23144 (English) and it seems to run smooth. However, 3 problems I already had with 23140 and now persist with this one are:

1. WiFi can´t get a fix. I can scan, see and configure APs but I can´t connect.
  2. I can´t open e-mails or sms messages, nor write new ones. I can see messages, but when I click on them nothing happens.
  3. I can´t see the messages when installing applications. i just have to go blind and push the yes or no button
Phone: JC1

CSC: XEEJC2 (Dutch)

These things used to work on other ROMs. Anyone have any idea?

Regards, Jeroen

Guest Thunder141

can reproduce it with english version only. Will compare german and english versions to find the differences beyond language files

Hi Thunder

I just installed 23144 (English) and it seems to run smooth. However, 3 problems I already had with 23140 and now persist with this one are:

1. WiFi can´t get a fix. I can scan, see and configure APs but I can´t connect.
  2. I can´t open e-mails or sms messages, nor write new ones. I can see messages, but when I click on them nothing happens.
  3. I can´t see the messages when installing applications. i just have to go blind and push the yes or no button
Phone: JC1

CSC: XEEJC2 (Dutch)

These things used to work on other ROMs. Anyone have any idea?

Regards, Jeroen

Edited by Thunder141

Guest jensingenbleek

Hallo Thunder

Danke für die info wegen dem built das wusste ich nicht das die unterschiedliches anzeigen! Aber so bin ich mal wieder nicht um sonst aufgestanden und hab wieder was gelernt!! :)

Sas rom läuft super! und der bug das die namen zu den nummern nicht angezeigt werden ist auch weg! Der wecker funzt auch tadellos deke aber eher das das an den deutschen datei liegt! war bisher zumindes bei mir so, kann aber auch super mit x task in englisch leben! alles in allem gefällt mir das wie immer sehr gut! und wenn man den dailer deaktiviert hab man auch dierekt mehr ram!

Wie immer ein sehr tolles rom und super arbeit von dir!!! :)

gruß

Jens

Guest JeroenFransen
can reproduce it with english version only. Will compare german and english versions to find the differences beyond language files

Thanks, Thunder!